Leto (DayZ)

What are the current big military areas of the map?

Yes, I'm aware of http://dayzdb.com, but the map is not as clear as it used to be back in the mod days and it doesn't set civilian and military loot apart.

I have run into the military camp east of Myshkino, but other than that? I'm looking for an AKM magazine. Do they ever spawn in more isolated areas?

Edited by Leto

AK mags are tricky to find...

Edited by .Smitty.
  • Like 1

Military Bases
- Base near Pavlovo
- Base in Zelenogorsk
- Base at Green Mountain
- Base near Veresnik
- Base at Bashnya
- Base in Kamensk

Military Facilities
- Facilities at Chapaevsk
- Facilities at Balota Airstrip
- Facilities at International Airfield (NW Airfield)
- Facilities at Turovo

Military Camps
- Camp just north of International Airfield (NW Airfield)
- Camp near Myshkino

Miscellaneous Military Areas
- Evacuation Site at Stary Sobor
- Military Convoy near Krasnoe
- Infamous "Prison Island" just south of Balota

I hope this helps you in your travels! :D​

- Smitty

Edited by .Smitty.
  • Like 1

Green Mountain? I have not seen anything in that building.

Used to be better when the jail building actually spawned grenades and stuff, now nothing there.

Your best bet for an AKM mag is at the larger barracks buildings at the NWAF - or they sometimes spawn in the hangars.

I have a spare one if you need it - PM me if so.

Myshkino tents, nwaf basically.  Since they made the old style barracks total crap, and jail buildings crap.

It's pretty much tents and the "new barracks."  There's a couple of the new ones in zeleno, but basically tents are the best bang for your buck, so the nwaf and myshkino base.

Maybe prison island?  But who wants to bother going out there.

Myshkino tents, nwaf basically.  Since they made the old style barracks total crap, and jail buildings crap.

It's pretty much tents and the "new barracks."  There's a couple of the new ones in zeleno, but basically tents are the best bang for your buck, so the nwaf and myshkino base.

Maybe prison island?  But who wants to bother going out there.

Not really prison island either.  I swam out there with Cold the other day.  It was unremarkable; sparsely distributed, low-to-mid tier stuff.  Basically like a really lame PD that is a pain in the ass to access.

• Like 1

iZurvive.com lets you separate military from civilian military spawns. Click the loot button and you can set which types of spawns you want to see.

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 1

I have looted for a while at the NWAF and this is what I noticed. AKM, AKS-74u and AKS-74 spawn in military tents, but their magazines mostly spawn in the "new barracks".

Also, plate carriers and the pistol holster attachment are common in military camps, but the set of 3 pouches that expands it is far more common in the new barracks as well.

I wish they would balance the loot a bit more in miliatry areas, some items are just too common for no reason. Especially tanker helmet, pilot helmet, FAL buttstock(?), UMP magazines(?) and range finders which all come by the dozens.

Edited by Leto

In my opinion the loot system right now is the best it's ever been , they seemed to have finally gotten a grip on where things should spawn. I hope they add more rare loot to random civilian buildings like the M65 field jacket, I tend to only stay around military bases but this actually forced me to move around until I got to the coast for one which I actually really liked. Right now most players spawn and book it to a military base which is fine but there deff needs to be something more to make ppl wonder. Well back to topic, AKs at first seem hard to find but you ll soon realize that they spawn by the truck load at the military tents, the tents west of mishniko are the best ones for looting since its so isolated most people looking for action will not really go there, unless of course you got that dueche bag sniper who's got nothing to do. Second comes the magazine and ammo. Magazines again seem hard to find but once you realize they only spawn in a few select places it becomes a lot easier. Tents again will be your best bet, loot respawns about every 30 mins so if you don't find one either wait or server one once or twice everyone does it they just to proud to say it. Your second best bet for magazines and probably a little more dangerous is the new barracks , they are actually the best buildings for loot at the moment, you ll find anywhere from guns, magazines , scopes to grenades, again these are somewhat of a hot spot at the moment due to the lack of loot in other popular buildings primarily the prison and act building.

The jail buildings don't spawn anything in, it's been like this for a few patches now. I think the reason was to stop people exploiting the wall glitch inside there, pretty interesting "fix" as it basically renders most smaller military compounds useless.

The jail buildings don't spawn anything in, it's been like this for a few patches now. I think the reason was to stop people exploiting the wall glitch inside there, pretty interesting "fix" as it basically renders most smaller military compounds useless.

Yeah it's pretty stupid if you ask me.

The jail near the tents at the NWAF still gets a whole lot of traffic too, and I've ran into people wall glitching in it still.  I don't understand why they turned the one closer to the firestation into rubble, unless it was for the same reason which is also foolish.  Fix the bug instead.

That bug isn't even limited to the jails either, I'm fairly certain it works in almost every building.

• Like 1