Sign in to follow this  
Zurvivalist

The Cruelest bug ever ! ?

So last night we were fixing up our first car. Had only the two rear tires left to find. So we tried to drive it to a city .

Drove car for about 75m, spun out , rolled backwards for about 25 meters. Car stopped, I turned it off, I got out , Stood there for a second ,YOU ARE DEAD (empty server) 

Few tears , and cussing the game gods, I stayed on while my friend looked for my body.. Could not find it. 

10 minutes of looking around the car. moving the car and so on, While i stared at the black You Are Dead screen.

Finally settled into the fact I just lost my VSS . I respawned.

Logged in about 10 feet from where the car was , with all my gear still on me. 

Worst / best bug ever :(

Edited by J0nathan

LOL.

Was expecting you to log in and not be able to access your body.  Like the game took your toy away from you, then left it just out of reach, but close enough to see and lament.

Many, many, many, many, many experiences of being 'DayZ'd' and i'm sure there are more to follow.  It's very much a massochist simulator, but with brief rays of joy that shine through the cracks.

That said, it would seem the VSS is quite the unlucky charm, most of the reported 'DayZ'd' moments that have popped up recently involve people holding the accursed thing.

Good to hear you got it back, so you can suffer once again.  Feels almost like the intro to dark souls 1/2/old hags.

Edited by q.S Sachiel

It kinda is come to think of it .

We had started our night by running the coast line to look for netting and to meet up. I died by tripping over a small rock. ( My friend was able to save my gear ) 

Then , right after the OP event took place I server hopped to loot electro for another tire. (two other people on that server)

Found a tire, exit the shed , Someone fires off a shot right next to my head and missed. I run,.. and i do mean RUN full speed out of town.

Dude chasing me , tell me to stop , he doesn't want to shoot me, ..... while firing a high cap AR at me .... dude chased me from Electro to right past the mountain between Elec and Chern . Always too close to risk dropping the tire and pulling my rifle ( Because of the stupid animations DEVS ! ) With in at least 80 shots fired he only hit me once, and it didn't hurt.. so i dunno what he was using , couldn't aim for sht .

After I hit the woods he didnt follow me in  , so i didnt get a chance to return fire , I switched back to our server. He had slightly damaged my Smersh vest but not my backpack.. So I guess i got shot in the ass ? 

Something kind of similar happened to me at EXP few weeks ago.

I was lootin some small town and pressed V to jump, well it was bit desync and jumped later. At same time as i jumped my screen went black and "you are dead" text appeared. Oh well, some shot me or i died in bug, no big deal, lets try again later.

New EXP patch came thought to try again. I was at same town with same gear. Never thought that too much because its happened only once to me, but OP´s post reminded it to me.

This bug is real, there are other people reporting this bug as well.

IF IT HAPPENS TO YOU, JUST QUIT THE GAME, YOU ARE NOT REALLY DEAD!