atempleton

RICE Treatment for Sprains

Simple but somewhat a nice suggestion I believe for the medical side of the games - have an item called a compression sock, or compression strap, compression bandage, something similar along those lines that can be used to treat a sprained ankle. This will save you having to use a splint or morphine, the former of which should make it difficult to walk or use the limb properly and the latter is only temporary.

I did just that today at work and can't walk at the moment, so I kinda just got the idea this morning. Please make my current lack of income not occur in vain. XD

• Like 2

Interesting idea! I like it :)

Where would you find such goods? Hospitals?

Hospitals, first aid kits, medical clinics. Can also be made out of say 50% of a bandage.

• Like 2

Pretty cool! I definitely would like to see this. - More Medical options is always a fun way to enhance the game!

Hospitals, first aid kits, medical clinics. Can also be made out of say 50% of a bandage.

You just hit the whole thing there. 50% of the bandage, because you wrapped it. Forcing people to carry more medical supplies, i love the idea.

I don't think morphine should be allowed for a sprain or break, by itself. I think it should wear off, if used. Where as a morphine injector, and a 50% bandage wrap, or shirt could fix the sprain.

Ouch,

You have sprained your leg!

Ouch,

You have hurt your arm!

reducing your random % of speed from 1-35% when running.

morphine injector % of temp repair to your body, for a short time lets say 10-15minutes.

a splint will work as much as the 50% wrap or shirt + morphine injector but both will cause you to lose 1-35% of movement speed when running.

over time the heath will return to normal so you can run at high speed.

great thread brought up good ideas.

• Like 3

yeah I like these things.

I think you should move 10% slower when not 'healthy' too.  whether you're unhealthy because an injury hasn't healed yet, or because you've just spawned and need to eat and drink.  it'll add an interesting element to pvp, and fresh respwns won't be able to chase you with a shovel to get your gun until they've eaten and drank for a while.

Edited by Red_Ensign
  • Like 2