Wili

Big objects shouldn't be able to transfer between servers.

Perhaps they should just eliminate being able to go from ANY server to ANY server with loot. For example you might be able to take loot from UK1 server to UK2 server but not take your loot from UK server to DE servers. Just a thought.

So basically splitting the public hive into several smaller hives based on geographical area? Could be interesting, sort of contradicts the point of the public hive in my opinion though.

If you were thinking just blocking the transfer of "large objects" as described earlier in the thread, I'm not sure he this would work if it can only transfer between some servers of a hive. If it can't be transferred at all then it would just drop when you log out. But if the game doesn't know which server you're going to join next (which it can't) it will not know in advance to make you drop the item if need be, meaning the only real option would be to make it disappear (which could get very frustrating).

Edited by OnionOfShame
  • Like 1

..//..

Hi OnionOfShame - good to hear a sane person

with a thoughtful point of view.

Edited by pilgrim

So basically splitting the public hive into several smaller hives based on geographical area? Could be interesting, sort of contradicts the point of the public hive in my opinion though.

If you were thinking just blocking the transfer of "large objects" as described earlier in the thread, I'm not sure he this would work if it can only transfer between some servers of a hive. If it can't be transferred at all then it would just drop when you log out. But if the game doesn't know which server you're going to join next (which it can't) it will not know in advance to make you drop the item if need be, meaning the only real option would be to make it disappear (which could get very frustrating).

you are clearly a computer programmer / network engineer lol

makes total sense... if you dont know what you are talking about...

Hi OnionOfShame - good to hear a sane person.

Rest my case.

I've said everything I have to say about this subject at least twice now so if were not going to engage in conversation about or discuss in some new light the topic at hand I'd appreciate not being quoted so as to avoid the notifications on this thread that don't even concern me. Just the same I'd rather not repeat myself I don't really care to read every senseless reply either.

Edited by iClown

If people don't keep things civil and mature, I can hand out bans, if that helps.

Sula

• Like 1

If people don't keep things civil and mature, I can hand out bans, if that helps.

Sula

It's probably best this thread be deleted. It's just been sort of a silly fight from what I see. .

We're a community, guys. Fighting over the interwebs is kind of pointless.

It's probably best this thread be deleted. It's just been sort of a silly fight from what I see. .

We're a community, guys. Fighting over the interwebs is kind of pointless.

Sula

I don't mean to be hostile but some of this stuff has struck me offensive among other things. I apologize for what part I may have played in any of it.

I don't feel its fair to everyone to delete the entire thread but I would be okay with deleting the preceding conversation between myself and pilgrim (all of my comments here if need be). I didn't start this thread though so I don't wish to encourage it being deleted in full. Again, I'm sorry if I came off as uncivil.

• Like 1

I don't mean to be hostile but some of this stuff has struck me offensive among other things. I apologize for what part I may have played in any of it.

I don't feel its fair to everyone to delete the entire thread but I would be okay with deleting the preceding conversation between myself and pilgrim (all of my comments here if need be). I didn't start this thread though so I don't wish to encourage it being deleted in full. Again, I'm sorry if I came off as uncivil.

The mistake has been realised and so all is well. The thread needn't be deleted because of that.

:)

• Like 2

..//..

log in to one or two low-pop servers (2-7 players) before you start a session - If they kick you Report it.

If enough players do this, democracy will start working.

So DO it - this is YOUR game, dude.

I guess we can both agree on that.

..//..

You and your democrazy pinko crap... I said early on your political views have no place here... why? why do you feel the need to push your political agenda?

..//..

Witch hunt is a damn witch hunt.

the thread about reporting unfair admins on Public Hive servers is here

https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/230682-make-sure-to-report-public-servers-that-kick-for-no-reason/#entry2326247

Edited by pilgrim

Hi, I think big objects as wheels, barrels, tents and big objects in general shouldn't be able to transfer between servers, any of these big objects should fall to the ground when switching servers.

With vehicles in place the quicker way to fix a vehicle is serverhopping, and I think that's not the way to go, maybe until serverhopping is fixed or removed that would be a  good temporary fix.

The Public Hive is designed so that players can move from one server to another - that is what it is for.

(you know already, 'scuse me)

But each server has a set quantity of each type of loot - so if someone brings more wheels into a server, less wheels will spawn in that server for a time.

Same with barrels, if someone takes barrels out of a server, more barrels will spawn on that server because the total number in-play is less.

OK - what happens to wheels and parts that are fitted to repair vehicles - I don't know..

Repairable vehicles can't change server (already), but how a set of tires is counted when they are attached to a vehicle, I can't say. The devs can tell you this.

I guess if you take wheels away from one server, the total number there will be less and so more will spawn to keep to the set spawn rate for the Central Loot Economy.

hey, on Private Hive Servers that example does not happen, because no one is leaving the server with barrels or wheels or other loot - when all the barrels are found as loot and hidden by players, then I guess no more barrels will spawn at the loot locations, because the full number is already in play (and barrels and tents don't despawn rapidly,  unlike other loot left on the ground)

The Central Loot Economy is supposed to keep the quantity of each loot type at around the same level (per server), decided by the Devs. It can be adjusted anytime from the BI office without having to send out a game update. So it is not a problem when players move loot from one server to another across the Public Hive Servers. Note: the player's own loot he carries or loot inside tents/barrels is not counted in the total loot spawn number.

As it works right now, it is explained clearly here:

https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/223307-central-economy/#entry2243705

Edited by pilgrim