Wili

Big objects shouldn't be able to transfer between servers.

Hi, I think big objects as wheels, barrels, tents and big objects in general shouldn't be able to transfer between servers, any of these big objects should fall to the ground when switching servers.

With vehicles in place the quicker way to fix a vehicle is serverhopping, and I think that's not the way to go, maybe until serverhopping is fixed or removed that would be a  good temporary fix.

• Like 1

Hi, I think big objects as wheels, barrels, tents and big objects in general shouldn't be able to transfer between servers, any of these big objects should fall to the ground when switching servers.

With vehicles in place the quicker way to fix a vehicle is serverhopping, and I think that's not the way to go, maybe until serverhopping is fixed or removed that would be a  good temporary fix.

What defines "big objects" though? Just their size or their rarity? Because I could argue, serverhopping is also the fastest way to check chopper crashsites. I don't do it, because I don't like server-hopping and play experimental servers, which are often completely full. A better solution might be to follow your second idea that is, everything you hold in your hands, while changing server or connecting, is removed. This however needs some education and patience for the player, because who doesn't often log out with their weapon in their hand - even if it is the only one you carry!? 

Not sure, how to deal with this problem. Future Server-Hopping should be reduced by people building camps - in theory. However, I can already imagine people just hopping servers at factories and industrial sites to find (future) building materials. So opposed to the intention, more content and base-building will rather encourage server hopping. DayZ is a game that doesn't like to give penalties for a certain way of playstyle. That has its advantages, but it also makes certain exploits possible. I think maybe the time needs to increase the more often you change server. With waiting times up to ten minutes/change. Minutes that leave you vulnerable and spawned blind. So the first server switch would be 30-60 seconds, the second 3 minutes, then 5, then 10. After twelve hours or upon server restart that history should be deleted; at least this way, people would only server-hop 2-3 times. But still - there is no perfect solution, everything seems to have its downside when I think about it. So the current way is the least work for the devs and it kinda works. If there was a more perfect solution, I'd say, go for that! But I can't bring myself to ban or condemn server-hopping altogether. I just think it makes the game boring and breaks the immersion.

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

What defines "big objects" though?

For big objects I meant objects that the only way to carry it is on your hands, wheels tents and barrels, In the future helicopter parts and maybe construction materials as you said could be added to the list also. I don't mean objects on hands like weapons.

That would make these important objects easier to control by central economy also.

I agree with you on serverhopping, I think they need to make it so it's less profitable doing serverhopping than not doing it.

So the first server switch would be 30-60 seconds, the second 3 minutes, then 5, then 10.

At the begining of Dayz standalone it was like that but sometimes you needed to wait to join the same server you were playing because Dayz crashed, you lost connection or a server restart happened; I hope at least this method will come back when they solve that problem.

• Like 2

Easy solution... play on private servers. Eliminates 100% of the server hopping when on a server that has it's own unique hive.

• Like 1

Easy solution... play on private servers. Eliminates 100% of the server hopping when on a server that has it's own unique hive.

I would like to play in official servers, sadly in all of them serverhopping is allowed.

• Like 1

They should just get rid of being able to take anything from server to server. Its detrimental to player interaction and is used to basically cheat. There were people selling loot from their personal servers back in the day (for a price would fully gear your character). I saw on the recruitment forum the other day a 'clan' (KoS clan) openly boasting about having their own server and using it to gear up their entire crew (apparently after that all they do is grief people in elektro - real winners). Even without your own personal server you have the seemingly infinite choice of servers on stable branch to choose from so all you really have to do is go to an empty one and head for the tents near Myshkino or NWAF and loot up, switch to another empty and loot up, rinse and repeat untis satisfied with your gear. Its only a vulnerability while aside from using it for some cheap crap like that there really arent many (if any at all) benefits.

• Like 2

They should just get rid of being able to take anything from server to server. Its detrimental to player interaction and is used to basically cheat. 

abs_not.gif

No, I'm not going to make a new character each time a server where I already have one is full or offline. 

OMG server hopping is ruining my player interaction, let's fuck the game up for everyone just to stop it. 

Edited by General Zod
  • Like 1

abs_not.gif

No, I'm not going to make a new character each time a server where I already have one is full or offline. 

OMG server hopping is ruining my player interaction, let's fuck the game up for everyone just to stop it. 

Take it easy, pal. There are a number of things you aren't considering. Like the fact that they are currently trying to make 75 player servers happen (and they will succeed Im sure). Maybe they wont even stop at 75 though? You know, a lot of games have servers that carry a whole lot more people that that, right? Im sure the DayZ devs are well aware of that also. I heard Hicks discussing this sorta thing in an interview not long ago and even considered making people wait and incredible amount of time to respawn in a server once they had died to add a bit more emphasis to staying alive. Geez, Id hate for this game to get ruined for server hoppers. That would sure be bad.

++ your sharp sarcasm isn't a valid argument... at all.

Edited by iClown

Server hopping is enabled by one thing and one thing only. 

Centralized loot 

You can't hop if you don't know where the goods are. Chaining people to one server is a bad solution. Some of us don't want to play with same 74 people every day. Some of us enjoy the thrill of meeting unknown players. Take that away and DayZ will lose a lot of it's appeal. 

But yet again instead of solving the source of the problem we come up with unreasonable restrictions to all players just to stop server hopping. 

This debate was had a million times by now. And each time we arrive at the conclusion that we can hop because stuff spawns is the same location, same location day in and day out. Why not exploit such massive design flaw ? But instead of de centralizing the loot let's force everyone to play on one server and one server only. 

The goal is to make it not worth to server hop rather than jail everyone even if they don't hop. 

Edited by General Zod
  • Like 1

Take it easy, pal. There are a number of things you aren't considering. Like the fact that they are currently trying to make 75 player servers happen (and they will succeed Im sure). Maybe they wont even stop at 75 though? You know, a lot of games have servers that carry a whole lot more people that that, right? Im sure the DayZ devs are well aware of that also. I heard Hicks discussing this sorta thing in an interview not long ago and even considered making people wait and incredible amount of time to respawn in a server once they had died to add a bit more emphasis to staying alive. Geez, Id hate for this game to get ruined for server hoppers. That would sure be bad.

++ your sharp sarcasm isn't a valid argument... at all.

You didn't even address the argument he made.

You didn't even address the argument he made.

What argument? If having to start a new character is a problem he probably already hates and doesnt even play DayZ.

What argument? If having to start a new character is a problem he probably already hates and doesnt even play DayZ.

My straw man attack detector is off the chart. 

I don't mind making a new character when I die to legitimate reason or even bugs since it's alpha. However I am against being forced to make a new character every time I can't get to the ready one.

And here is why :

At some point there won't be anywhere as much loot as there is now, there will be diseases, harsh weather, wild animals and a lot of other things that can ruin your day in a hurry. Which means UNLIKE  now your character with clothes and food will have a lot of value, because of all the failed attempts and time you had to put to manage to survive. Right now your character has no value unless you have some ultra rare items. 

Therefore when the game is harsh, and the loot is scare people will mind not being able to use their already made character that took hours to keep alive simply because a server is full, or it's down. When you put 50+ hours into well equipped character and then are denied playing only to stop server hopping that person will not be happy. 

And the demonstrate my argument on centralized, predictable loot system look at those

78y7gov.jpg

3 plate carriers

rdjjLG9.jpg

yykGoFJ.jpg

5 yes FIVE guns in only 2 tents, and planety ammo around.

See that ? It's like that on every server, those items are always in the same place, same barracks or tent. This is why people can hop. And this is why they do hop.

Edited by General Zod

I feel like all of this argument(s) can be defeated with the idea that by the time any of that has taken hold (harsh weather, rare loot spawn, etc) that there will also be more than enough room in a server (more than 75 ppl) and enough servers to choose from that being full wont be a likely issue. Persistance tends to get you into full servers in my experience anyway (issues we already have to deal with). I would imagine that with as many servers as there are / will be to choose from you would have multiple characters in time anyhow (also true now). I doubt things will be so harsh and rare that its right next to impossible to start a character though. I havent heard anything that has lead me to that conclusion. As far as a server being down; if its down its probably only briefly for maintenance or restart and since we already have to deal with that its hardly a reasonable concern.

And that's completely ignoring my argument about the uncertainty that comes when meeting strange players who you know nothing about. Because this is the main thrill of this game, not the zeds, not the hunger or thirst. It's the other guy. Because he might just be thinking on how to kill you without damaging all your gear while he acts super friendly. But if you make me play on one server, I will start to link names to behaviour, or favourite clothes and therefore take most of that thrill away.

Not to mention that now servers often have problems connecting to main hive, or people die to glitches or rampant kos (due to many guns and ammo) they already have had their fill with making new characters daily or worse.

Edited by General Zod

All of the things you know and love about dayz right now are going to change according to all of the interviews and presentations ive heard/watched. They plan to phase things out and change a lot about the dayz economy in the future. I dont imagine they would make a large change like this any time soon either... I dont think it would ruin the game for anyone but I do think a lot of the other things they plan on implementing need to happen before considering something like this. I just think if they found/made a way for this to work we would all be better off for it.

If you like starting a new character, there are ways of doing that..

There are no "server hoppers" it is a Myth

For me "server hopping" - I move around from one server to another.. usually I am at the top of the player list by the time I move on; After a couple of hours I need a stress break.

Usually other people on that server do not stay as long as I do (maybe they dont have the time to play so long, maybe they 'hop')

I have fought in Saudi Arabia and in London, I roamed around the Midwest, I joined a squad in Moscow, I hung out with a Ukranian bandit, I have made friends in Romania (even learned some of the language) I have logged in to a Tokyo server, I have met and interacted with people from around the world.. this is GOOD.. this is AMAZING .. this is my kick..Llimiting yourself to a tiny private-member club is IMO - a little bit SAD - but ok if that's what you want, hang with your mates and jaw.. there is a WORLD OUTSIDE, to bad you miss out on it..why not JOIN the whole Human Race?  Find out who you share our PLANET with. Join the Human Race, DayZ is your opportunity. 

Server Hopping?

- I hardly ever go near 'high loot' areas, I'm a solo player and it is not worth my while.

- between midday (weekdays) and 5pm I am kicked from public servers a little MORE than 50% of the time..some public servers autokick (quite a few).; but mainly I'm just kicked after 5 or 10 mins; So for me, server 'hopping' comes down to searching for a public server admin who plays FAIR on his 'public' server.

Try it yourself - list your 20 lowest-ping public servers tonight - start at the top and work down the list.. see how many let you play for more than 10 minutes (or at all). I'll bet it's LESS than 50%. And of the 8 or 10 that accept you, look again tomorrow, see if they are on line (plenty of admins only turn on their servers for an hour or so when they are playing themselves). Finding a public server you can PLAY and your tent will be there tomorrow is DIFFICULT.

- why do you think +75% of public servers have only 2-5 players, and just a tiny few have 25-40 players ? Because the PUBLIC can NOT get on to PUBLIC servers. And specially, I think this is sad for young players and newcomers, who really still think they can play on a public server just because it says "public" on the list. They have not got cynical and old and tired yet, they don't know that "public" means "you'll quite probably get kicked and it might take you an hour before you can play ANYWHERE" if they don't give up in disgust first.

- most "server hoppers" do not in fact hop - if by "hoppers" you mean players who are out for fast loot, in FACT most of THEM are on join=kick servers, gearing up for the evening's PvP. There are not many successful cynical "hoppers" around - that word "server hopper" is just a slur word, it is a buzzword insult, like many that are applied to racial minorities, to women, to 'enemies' - it dehumanizes the player, you can use it as an insult without having to think what it means. That's a standard fascist technique

- I can NOT put up a tent or stash a barrel even on the servers that don't kick me - because that server will maybe change it's name by tomorrow, or vanish, or the admin will come back for the night and turn the autokick back on. The "official" server instances are hired out to clients whenever a client wants one in that region -it is an automatic process -  so dont bank on an 'official' server staying safe, by tomorrow that IP may be a private server, or at least a public server with a differnt name, and reset from zero.

- try finding a daylight server after your local realtime nightfall that does not have 40/40 players on it - you will find 3 or 4 tht are 40/40s and a dozen or more with 5 players that will kick you so fast you'll be amazed.

ALL this to say - what the hell do you expect the kids to do? - stay in their ghetto on a rare 40/40 server and try to find 1 can of beans while the geared up lootfarmers come over from their joinkick servers to gun them down in the street for laughs?  try to go find a server somewhere that might gain them some kit, and if there is none (and they CAN get on) then go somewhere else and keep looking?

And after all, what is wrong with players turning up close to high loot areas? That's where the snipers hang out (richt crackshots?) .. that's where the sudden deadly face-to-face happens most often.. that's where the teams walk into each other unexpectedly.. you might consider that a whole game in itself..

Unless you thiink it's UNFAIR tha you cant right NOW have an AK, jungle boots, and a thouseand rounds - because someone got there first?  (did you have a tantrum?)

I have always found everything I need, including full mill kit, scattered around MILES from any military base or airport. The MOST difficult things to find are good fishooks, a pristine knife, a fireaxe, a good green backpack.. and that's it... the whole map is knee-deep in guns of all kinds. Every shed has batteries, tyres, plugs in it.

server hoppers? nah, they dont exist, they dont cause trouble, they are in your head, they dont make NO difference..it's STRAW DOGS mate, forget about it.. enjoy the game.

xx pilgrim - sorry to be boring, dudes, but "server hoppers" are a myth - the bogymen to blame for everything -  [scuse me being impolite , but IMO they are yo's excuse for being a crappy player]

= > If starting a new character is a problem, put a gun under your chin, pull the trigger. <=

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 1

Dude... Im not sure where all of this is coming from or why you are replying to my one liner about it all but since it was so long and I read all of that even though about half way in I felt like Id heard everything I needed to Im going to reply to every last nugget of it. Piece by piece. Not to make any other point but just so that you'll suffer reading through it all or you will give up and find something better to do.

"If you like starting a new character, there are ways of doing that.. "

Okay? Thanks.

"There are no "server hoppers" it is a Myth"

Im pretty sure you prove that statement wrong in your rant.

"For me "server hopping" - I move around from one server to another.. usually I am at the top of the player list by the time I move on; After a couple of hours I need a stress break.

Usually other people on that server do not stay as long as I do (maybe they dont have the time to play so long, maybe they 'hop')

I have fought in Saudi Arabia and in London, I roamed around the Midwest, I joined a squad in Moscow, I hung out with a Ukranian bandit, I have made friends in Romania (even learned some of the language) I have logged in to a Tokyo server, I have met and interacted with people from around the world.. this is GOOD.. this is AMAZING .. this is my kick..Llimiting yourself to a tiny private-member club is IMO - a little bit SAD - but ok if that's what you want, hang with your mates and jaw.. there is a WORLD OUTSIDE, to bad you miss out on it..why not JOIN the whole Human Race?  Find out who you share our PLANET with. Join the Human Race, DayZ is your opportunity."

You start by acknowledging that server hopping is a real thing. What? U w0t m8?

As far as traveling the world goes; not everyone has great ping on Tokyo servers bruh. Im glad you can go to Tokyo and you can read and speak Japanese and all that but your style of playing is 1) not the only way to play the game. 2) unrelated to the issue and 3) wouldn't be any different if the ability to travel from server to server with items were eliminated since you are a clean player and have no trouble finding loot on the road less traveled. Its a survival game. Its not a travel the world and enjoy traditional meals at local restaurants with the locals game. 

Server Hopping?

- I hardly ever go near 'high loot' areas, I'm a solo player and it is not worth my while.

- between midday (weekdays) and 5pm I am kicked from public servers a little MORE than 50% of the time..some public servers autokick (quite a few).; but mainly I'm just kicked after 5 or 10 mins; So for me, server 'hopping' comes down to searching for a public server admin who plays FAIR on his 'public' server.

I'll go into detail on most of this in the next paragraph of response but I do want to mention, at this junction, I have never had any encounter or trouble with server admins. I don't know how you go about getting that kind of attention. I don't really do anything out of the ordinary myself. I question just how many of these 'public servers' even have active administrators.

"- why do you think +75% of public servers have only 2-5 players, and just a tiny few have 25-40 players ? Because the PUBLIC can NOT get on to PUBLIC servers. And specially, I think this is sad for young players and newcomers, who really still think they can play on a public server just because it says "public" on the list. They have not got cynical and old and tired yet, they don't know that "public" means "you'll quite probably get kicked and it might take you an hour before you can play ANYWHERE" if they don't give up in disgust first."

There is a beautiful thing at the bottom of the server list. Its a button. That button is labeled "Filters". You can click on said button and set it so that it filters out servers that have a ping higher than, say, 150ms. This will result in a list of servers that wouldn't kick you out due to excessive ping. You would have a better experience all together playing DayZ in a server where you had a good connection. I would explain ping and networking to you but you can go ahead and just research that on your own. Feel free. I personally have not had any trouble with being kicked out of servers. When I try to join servers that are higher than 150ms ping (ie other countries) I have noticed that ill be kicked once. If I rejoin that same server after the initial "kick" I dont experience any further problems. If you are being kicked from servers you have a good connection on and they are low population (0 - 5 players in the server) its probably a server some crew uses to gear up their whole squad (server hoppers we'll call them) and aside from that you are probably doing that same bs yourself. What business do you have in such a low populated server exactly? We all know how DayZ works. Everyone here has server hopped for loot and the person(s) that haven't are either that new (doubt it) or they are lying. You are essentially complaining about the product of the situation you are arguing in favor of. What in the F?

"- most "server hoppers" do not in fact hop - if by "hoppers" you mean players who are out for fast loot, in FACT most of THEM are on join=kick servers, gearing up for the evening's PvP. There are not many successful cynical "hoppers" around - that word "server hopper" is just a slur word, it is a buzzword insult, like many that are applied to racial minorities, to women, to 'enemies' - it dehumanizes the player, you can use it as an insult without having to think what it means. That's a standard fascist technique"

Most "server hoppers"? you mean the ones that don't even exist? That IS the basis of your "argument" here right? By "hoppers" I mean anyone who is using the ability to jump from one server to the next with various loot for maximum profit. That's called exploiting. While you may enjoy the ability to do this stuff you should remember that it may be just a little unfair for people who may not know as much as you do about the game. I mean, lets just leave everything the way it is and watch DayZ dwindle down to the last 10 guys that still think its fun to run through the hills and back 2 hours each way just to shoot each other because they are too unimaginative to think of anything better to do. As far as your pinko technique of calling it 'fascist' goes... smh... yeah, ok. I'm the new Adolf Hitler. You be the judge - here is the definition of the word 'exploit':

mRz0xRL.png

"Try it yourself - list your 20 lowest-ping public servers tonight - start at the top and work down the list.. see how many let you play for more than 10 minutes (or at all). I'll bet it's LESS than 50%. And of the 8 or 10 that accept you, look again tomorrow, see if they are on line (plenty of admins only turn on their servers for an hour or so when they are playing themselves). Finding a public server you can PLAY and your tent will be there tomorrow is DIFFICULT."

Again, Ive never had any issues with being kicked out of servers I have a good connection to and, generally, avoid servers with a low number of players in them. I have no business joining a stable branch server with only 3 people in it. I'm not about to list my 20 lowest ping public servers tonight either. You can make good use of the filter options in DayZ once again by setting a cap on the ping (I recommend 150) and a minimum number of players in the server. There are a whole lot of servers to choose from but just because they exist doesn't necessarily make them viable options for any one persons personal style of playing the game. There is also the option to add servers to your favorites list. You can access all of those servers by clicking the tab at the top of the list that is labeled "Favorites". This way you can keep a list of reliable servers that you have a good connection with and enjoy playing on which can seriously reduce the hassle you seem to be having with finding decent servers. As far as tents go (barrels etc) I, again, have had no trouble with that unless they are going to wipe the server or something and they tend to forewarn everyone about that their things will be wiped when they are doing that. Its Alpha DayZ. Don't get attached to your stuff. I couldn't imagine the possibility that somebody else may have gone to the place you put your tent and took it either... thats just absurd to suggest, right? How you get a tent, anyway? All the loot you are putting in the tent? Wasn't server hopping high loot areas, was it? (Almost skipped right over this one. Sorry its not in the order in which it was received).

"- I can NOT put up a tent or stash a barrel even on the servers that don't kick me - because that server will maybe change it's name by tomorrow, or vanish, or the admin will come back for the night and turn the autokick back on. The "official" server instances are hired out to clients whenever a client wants one in that region -it is an automatic process -  so dont bank on an 'official' server staying safe, by tomorrow that IP may be a private server, or at least a public server with a differnt name, and reset from zero."

Mmmmhmm. 

Maybe stop stashing barrels in Toyko? Do you even read Kanji? I don't know if we are playing the same DayZ.

"- try finding a daylight server after your local realtime nightfall that does not have 40/40 players on it - you will find 3 or 4 tht are 40/40s and a dozen or more with 5 players that will kick you so fast you'll be amazed."

I wish I could administer a lie detector test.

I haven't had these problems in such an extreme fashion as you make it sound to be. I have had issues trying to play with friends that get into a server that is full and what I normally do is just be persistent about it. If I want in a server I just click join and then it may tell me that a max number of players has been reached in which case, after the initial clicking of join and error, I just press space bar over and over again until finally somebody has left the server and I'm granted entry. Sometimes you have to be patient. I know its tough but, it works. 

ALL this to say - what the hell do you expect the kids to do? - stay in their ghetto on a rare 40/40 server and try to find 1 can of beans while the geared up lootfarmers come over from their joinkick servers to gun them down in the street for laughs?  try to go find a server somewhere that might gain them some kit, and if there is none (and they CAN get on) then go somewhere else and keep looking?

ALL this to complain about what you are arguing in favor of? I'm not sure what you are even trying to say man. Your argument is so fettered its right next to incomprehensible. I don't understand how you are missing the point in your own statement. You call them "loot farmers" I call them "server hoppers". The problem is that there are loot farmers coming from a join kick to gun people down. That wouldn't even be an issue if the ability to travel from server to server whilst retaining all your gear were removed from the equation. You seem to be implying that if you remove the ability to hop from server to server that you would just be stuck in a server getting shot by people that somehow still harness the ability to jump from server to server with gear. You also act as if you should be able to place a tent or barrel in a server that it should show up in the place that you put it in ALL the servers... what? Are you even being serious though?

And after all, what is wrong with players turning up close to high loot areas? That's where the snipers hang out (richt crackshots?) .. that's where the sudden deadly face-to-face happens most often.. that's where the teams walk into each other unexpectedly.. you might consider that a whole game in itself..

This failure. You said it yourself. There are so many empty server options. What you do is go to an empty or close to empty server to a high loot area. You loot til you are content with your gear. You, while still in the empty server, vacate the high loot area to a safe place to log (if you have a brain you would vacate dangerous areas to a safe place ANY time you log). You go to a server with people in it and then you get your PvP on. I'm only telling you how it is done and or it could be done for the sake of you not being so far out of the loop. I don't actually do this myself. Anyhow, its kinda hard to get shot by a sniper when you are the only person in the server, isn't it?

Unless you thiink it's UNFAIR tha you cant right NOW have an AK, jungle boots, and a thouseand rounds - because someone got there first?  (did you have a tantrum?)

You might have your head stuck in something it shouldn't be anywhere near. I have, personally, no problem gearing up. I don't understand why you would want 1000 rounds for any weapon. Maybe you need to practice? Jungle Boots? You should get more sleep dude. Good luck finding magazines for your AK without server hopping though, buddy.

I have always found everything I need, including full mill kit, scattered around MILES from any military base or airport. The MOST difficult things to find are good fishooks, a pristine knife, a fireaxe, a good green backpack.. and that's it... the whole map is knee-deep in guns of all kinds. Every shed has batteries, tyres, plugs in it.

Let me share with you. The first thing I do as a fresh spawn every time is go straight to some rocks and search for a stone. I use the stone I will eventually find to craft a rock knife. Its a handy tool. You can chop sticks, cut clothes into rags, skin and quarter animals, and even use it as a can opener that works well enough to skip right over an actual can opener if you happen to come across one.

If you keep an eye out in sheds you will find wire eventually. I see it quite a bit more than an actual fishing hook. You can craft a rabbit snare with a stick and wire and when you catch a rabbit you can skin and quarter it. You will get pelt, guts, bones, and meat you can cook and eat. There are a lot of options there. I figure if you like to fish so much you would know stuff like this. You can use the rock with the bones and actually craft a fishing hook. You can cut clothes into rags and when you have 2 piles of 6 rags you can use them together to craft a rope. Perhaps you'll just find a rope. You can't have too many ropes if you are a bambi, right? So you can use this robe to make a bow or fishing pole or you could locate a burlap sack and use the rope and burlap to make a courier bag. Add sticks to that and you have an improvised backpack with the same amount of space as a taloon bag but its way more camo. This will hold you over til you figure out where the rest of that stuff you are looking for actually spawns. Quit hunting for trash. A fireaxe? who does that? why? An actual knife? dude... cmon... how many hours you have logged? Step it up, buddy.

server hoppers? nah, they dont exist, they dont cause trouble, they are in your head, they dont make NO difference..it's STRAW DOGS mate, forget about it.. enjoy the game.

xx pilgrim - sorry to be boring, dudes, but "server hoppers" are a myth - the bogymen to blame for everything -  [scuse me being impolite , but IMO they are yo's excuse for being a crappy player]

= > If starting a new character is a problem, put a gun under your chin, pull the trigger. <=

I hope that, after reading this, you realize that you are arguing nobody but yourself here. I just really want you to take a deep inward look at the current situation that is DayZ and then imagine what it would be - honestly - if the ability to go from server to server were removed from that scenario for EVERYONE and not just yourself. I think at that point, and only that point, will you be able to pick a side and argue a point on the matter. I would, judging by your style of debate, urge you to change your political views as well.

:thumbsup:

Dude... Im not sure where all of this is coming from or why you are replying to my one liner about it all but since it was so long and I read all of that even though about half way in I felt like Id heard everything I needed to Im going to reply to every last nugget of it. Piece by piece. Not to make any other point but just so that you'll suffer reading through it all

..//..

I hope that, after reading this, you realize that you are arguing nobody but yourself here. I just really want you to take a deep inward look at the current situation that is DayZ and then imagine what it would be - honestly - if the ability to go from server to server were removed from that scenario for EVERYONE and not just yourself. I think at that point, and only that point, will you be able to pick a side and argue a point on the matter. I would, judging by your style of debate, urge you to change your political views as well.

:thumbsup:

Thanks for that, yes I read all your text twice, in fact a lot of the interesting parts I wrote myself.

My ping to Tokyo is 380, very late night, best case.  - I don't log on distant servers every session dude, jeez..  For FUN and INTEREST I try to get to distance places occasionally from time to time (usually after a heavy session to stress-down) - you've heard of "going on holiday?"  Same thing, ok?  For me this is a little part-time hobby - and  if it works I sometimes meet people, it gives me an opportunity to see who they are, what they think, and how THEY play, and sometimes I go back there. I do this for "fun" - Look up fun and quote me on it.

Dude, my mention that I began to learn Romanian because of DayZ does NOT make me a PINKO .. do you really use words like "pinko"?  (honestly - that made me laugh.). Romanian is a lovely language, I first heard it thanks to DayZ, and that started me on whole new deeper important understanding of European history - totally thanks to DayZ -  so "pinko" gave me a fit of the chuckles..  Boy, we do all live in so much ignorance don't we? If I didn't laugh about it I'd cry.

OK - to answer your other few points:

You misunderstood about ping - You CAN play DayZ with a ping well over 150 if you WANT .. 200 or 300 will work fine if the connection is stable (Boneboys has pointed this out) but I like 30-70 for my game sessions (that's my preference). Mostly I set the filter to 50 to play the local area - France, Holland, Germany, ya know? 

I live in the middle of Europe. If I set the ping to >100 I have 450 public servers on my list (Saturday night, around 1800h)  France, UK, Norway, Germany Belgium, Spain, Sweden,Italy, etc, (and at 150-170 sometimes Russia, Romania, Ukraine)..

When I'm up for a real long play session, I generally set my max ping at 50  (not to 150 as you propose). All the comments about server populations are based on a 50-100 ping, so I'm not kicked for bad ping.

Read my Survey of What is REALLY happening, this will give you some FACTS of server use:

https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/230682-make-sure-to-report-public-servers-that-kick-for-no-reason/page-3#entry2327990

This is just MATH, not opinion.

Back to the rest of your comments :

Nope, I haven't carried an automatic weapon for months (well, one, in fact by a fluke ) Military automatics don't interest me a lot, and the game is knee-deep in guns. Unless you want to gear up fast and PvP for your main game you don't need to go to high loot places. When people rant about "server hoppers" I think they are really griping about automatic weapons and nothing else.

You don't like my fire axe? (I'm so hurt!) I like to have a good axe for several reasons, a fire-axe is nice against zombies and in melee -  and I also carry something I can dig with (right?) - an ice-axe for instance; ok backup for melee too.

Your essay on stone knives is very interesting, I've got a couple of thousand hours play time(I think), so I already know most of the stone knife stuff, but thanks, other people might not be clued up. You should warn them that killing an animal with any hand weapon is difficult (lol, did you try yet?)..  there is a neat way to trap pigs with just a melee weapon, a genuine stone-age historical technique, but I'll keep that to myself - working it out is half the fun of the game (and it ain't so obvious).

So read the statistics in the link above, then see if your argument holds water. It is better to know the facts before having the opinion, don't you agree?

I could give you the list of servers that kicked me this weekend while I was doing the survey (15 kicks) - they all had pings of 40-70 and they all had names like "friendly" etc.

I did not bother trying any of the "don't join" or the "join = ban" or "whitelist"  or "keep out clan only" public servers..

This is why IMO "server hopper" is just an insulting term, with no real or logical meaning -  like a racist slur.

Server admins are keeping their public servers private because :

- it is cheaper than hiring a private server,

- and they can store up loot safely,

- and they can play on the public hive when they want to.

To test this theory, or have evidence for your own theory - start at the top of your low ping list and log in to each low-pop public server, work down the list - Note how many let you in. This may show you there is not a lot of "server hopping" as people wrongly call it - and players who even try to do that are looking only for automatic weapons so that they can PvP. Or maybe they are honest players looking for a place to play?  People who try to log in to a public server are not "evil people".

"server hopper" is an insult word used to excuse a lot of bad talk and sloppy thinking.  It reminds me of the  "refugees are stealing jobs"  talk we hear in the real world.

Bottom line -  banning the movement of gear between servers is tantamount to stopping player movement between servers (like WHY bother if you loose your important gear, or any gear?). It means all servers have semi-private hives, end of the public hive.

With an average of between7-11 players per server (read the statistics for Saturday night) this means the end of DayZ. The bad admins won't have any reason to store loot and no one to play with, they'll close down. The number of "official" severs depends on the number of hired servers, so official serves will be reduced too. The normal players will be stuck on one server with a few regulars -  and you soon find out that you are on a server with three farmers and one team of killers. The admins can stop-start their sever when they like, so your server may not even be online tonight, and so your portable gear is gone while you wait for the admin to come back, when he feels like it (maybe next weekend).

So you end up with players often starting up fresh, or just sticking with the same few players.The choice and the wide range game is gone. You can't even join the fun when you notice one server is maxed tonight - unless you go there in your underwear. And plenty of players (the majority) do not want to play private with one club. Some love it (that's cool)  but many think it is too limiting. They want new experiences.

There is a problem - but  - "server hoppers" is an insult, it is not the name of the problem.

Your ideas show that you've thought about it, beanz for that iClown, but I'm sure your suggestion will not work. Sorry dude.

and ps - I could give you examples of real-world social-insult words, used exactly the way "server hopper" is used, and for the same reasons - but they are illegal because they lead to bad mindless crap.

AND I could explain how to hunt a pig with just a stone knife. I hope you don't claim it's an 'exploit' - It ain't, it is just being a very good, cunning experienced player-hunter and using your brain to work it out.So work it out.

And do the same here - read  https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/230682-make-sure-to-report-public-servers-that-kick-for-no-reason/page-3#entry2327990 and work out what is REALLY happening.

For background on how the problem got started read https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/229083-kicking-from-vilayer-server-is-allowed/page-4#entry2310557

OK, I put PLENTY of work into this, it takes a while to read, and a hell of a time for me to research and understand and write.

So that's it. If you want the real info read these two articles, get INFORMED, then have the discussion.

I am definitely out now.. total end of topic.

xx thanx people -  hope to see your views iClown

Edited by pilgrim

Thanks for that, yes I read all your text twice, in fact a lot of the interesting parts I wrote myself.

Thanking me for quoting your post? Im confused. You are welcome?

My ping to Tokyo is 380, very late night, best case.  - I don't log on distant servers every session dude, jeez..  For FUN and INTEREST I try to get to distance places occasionally from time to time (usually after a heavy session to stress-down) - you've heard of "going on holiday?"  Same thing, ok?  For me this is a little part-time hobby - and  if it works I sometimes meet people, it gives me an opportunity to see who they are, what they think, and how THEY play, and sometimes I go back there. I do this for "fun" - Look up fun and quote me on it.

I get it. I got that before. I am still saying this is completely irrelevant to the topic at hand though. I don't understand how you think this particular form of 'fun' is threatened by any of this. Its just not. If at all it would be so very minimal. I am not trying to tell you to stop or anything like that.

Dude, my mention that I began to learn Romanian because of DayZ does NOT make me a PINKO .. do you really use words like "pinko"?  (honestly - that made me laugh.). Romanian is a lovely language, I first heard it thanks to DayZ, and that started me on whole new deeper important understanding of European history - totally thanks to DayZ -  so "pinko" gave me a fit of the chuckles..  Boy, we do all live in so much ignorance don't we? If I didn't laugh about it I'd cry.

I didn't call you a pinko for mentioning that you were learning Romanian. I called you a pinko for saying that I was fascist for calling people who jump from empty server to empty server for loot "server hoppers" (Godwin's Law!).

You misunderstood about ping - You CAN play DayZ with a ping well over 150 if you WANT .. 200 or 300 will work fine if the connection is stable (Boneboys has pointed this out) but I like 30-70 for my game sessions (that's my preference). Mostly I set the filter to 50 to play the local area - France, Holland, Germany, ya know?  I live in the middle of Europe. If I set the ping to >100 I have 450 public servers on my list (Saturday night, around 1800h)  France, UK, Norway, Germany Belgium, Spain, Sweden,Italy, etc, (and at 150-170 sometimes Russia, Romania, Ukraine).

I never said you cant play with ping well over 150. I am just letting you know that its not the best idea and its certainly not the best of your options from the sound of it. I dont have the same over-abundance of servers issue that you seem to have where you are. All the more reason to use that Favorites list and your Filters. 300+ ping doesn't exactly scream stable connection, brother. You can, in your filters, also set a minimum number of players in the server so that you can get rid of all the empty and useless servers in the list. I'm not going to make any more suggestions about how to set your filters. I think you can figure it out just fine on your own but, with those tools, you should not be having all the issues you claim you are having. You are just doing that to yourself.

When I'm up for a real long play session, I generally set my max ping at 50  (not to 150 as you propose). All the comments about server populations are based on a 50-100 ping, so I'm not kicked for bad ping.

Read my Survey of What is REALLY happening, this will give you some FACTS of server use:

https://forums.dayzg...-3#entry2327990

This is just MATH, not opinion.

I'm not telling you every time you get kicked is for bad ping but, rather, SOME of the time it sure does sound like that is a possibility. Especially when you are playing on Japanese servers and going all around the world like your internet is a hot air balloon. Your article and what you are telling me all point to the same problem from where I'm sitting. Your article says

"only 40 servers out of 450 public servers have 15+ players online

250 public servers have 5 to 14 players (max) per server (usually around 8-11 players)

160 public servers have 1-4 players"

Now imagine how many of those servers would go away and never return because they are just some clan's server for moving loot from their safe server to real public servers. Its more than obvious there are too many servers. There are servers with names that say "dont join or ban/kicked". Come on man... how is that not completely trashy? Why would they waste their time and efforts to continue that if you took away the reason they do it? They wouldn't. As far as thinning out the servers too much; that wouldn't happen either because they are making it better and better for modders. I shouldn't need to elaborate on that. You can still get into full servers by simply being persistent (repeating myself... the irony!).

Back to the rest of your comments :

Nope, I haven't carried an automatic weapon for months (well, one, in fact by a fluke ) Military automatics don't interest me a lot, and the game is knee-deep in guns. Unless you want to gear up fast and PvP for your main game you don't need to go to high loot places. When people rant about "server hoppers" I think they are really griping about automatic weapons and nothing else.

I don't see how any of this is relevant. You have a shotgun or you have an automatic weapon or whatever. I'm not griping about automatic weapons or even griping at all. I'm standing by my view on the issue at hand and nothing more. I truly believe removing the ability to move from server to server with any and everything your heart desires is a flaw and subject to major exploits in the name of very minimal convenience not to mention it is a detriment to the experience of DayZ that is intended. If you don't like the loot distribution in one server go to a different one. You clearly have more options than I do so I'm just completely failing to understand your argument here. I don't personally see the issue with starting a new character. Guess what, man, its inevitable. Embrace it. That alone is really the only flame you could possibly hold to what I'm saying.

You don't like my fire axe? (I'm so hurt!) I like to have a good axe for several reasons, a fire-axe is nice against zombies and in melee -  and I also carry something I can dig with (right?) - an ice-axe for instance; ok backup for melee too.

As of right now experimental servers are on version .59.131009. Fire-Axe was a superior melee weapon last year. Get yourself a spear or something. I wouldn't carry an ice-axe and backup melee on top of that either. Neither would you. Stop telling me these lies. Also this is irrelevant.

Your essay on stone knives is very interesting, I've got a couple of thousand hours play time(I think), so I already know most of the stone knife stuff, but thanks, other people might not be clued up. You should warn them that killing an animal with any hand weapon is difficult (lol, did you try yet?)..  there is a neat way to trap pigs with just a melee weapon, a genuine stone-age historical technique, but I'll keep that to myself - working it out is half the fun of the game (and it ain't so obvious).

I don't usually resort to hunting with melee weapons. I'm glad you found useful information somewhere in my reply though. As before I really just don't see how this is relevant to the topic at hand. I would suggest, as just above, if you don't enjoy the loot distribution in one server, move right on to a different server. When you find a happy place go ahead and add that to your list of Favorites.

So read the statistics in the link above, then see if your argument holds water. It is better to know the facts before having the opinion, don't you agree?

Ok, no. No I don't agree. I don't figure I could make that any more obvious. Also, you say something is fact, that doesn't make it an actual fact. That just makes you a guy saying its a fact when its not. I've been trying to point out how all YOUR facts (fact for you or fact for everyone? Idk) support MY opinion. They do. Helping you to see that is the hard part so far. I feel like there are tons of things I'm leaving out because I feel like its so obvious that you couldn't possibly miss it but then I'm pained to find that it has totally flown right over your head.

I could give you the list of servers that kicked me this weekend while I was doing the survey (15 kicks) - they all had pings of 40-70 and they all had names like "friendly" etc.

I did not bother trying any of the "don't join" or the "join = ban" or "whitelist"  or "keep out clan only" public servers..

I have still never had trouble... like, never... Ive never been just blatantly kicked from any server ever. I have joined a good many and have never drawn that kind of attention or for no reason at all been kicked out of a server so I can't relate to this. Maybe you should investigate a little deeper because, to me, it just sounds like a hypothesis (or plain old assumption) to say that you are being kicked for no reason or that you are just being picked on or whatever.

This is why IMO "server hopper" is just an insulting term, with no real or logical meaning -  like a racist slur.

If the shoe fits; wear it. That's what I say. A racial slur is a generalization of an entire race of people which is, in most cases, hand-in-hand with a whole bunch of discourteous stereotypes. Calling somebody who server hops a server hopper is not a hate crime, killer. I am just calling the kettle black. This isn't a valid argument or debate. This is an underhanded pinko tactic. Lets stop with the ridiculous comparison of apples and oranges.

Server admins are keeping their public servers private because :

- it is cheaper than hiring a private server,

- and they can store up loot safely,

- and they can play on the public hive when they want to.

Dear God and baby Jesus! You should proof read this stuff before you post it. What part of this wouldn't be solved by eliminating the server to server hopping? Sure! Clans will have their servers. Maybe they don't want you in them. Guess what. That's going to, more than likely, be the case no matter what! Maybe you should join the clan if you want to play on their servers so bad! Lets remove the ability to take their precious private loot to public servers! Then what? The clan doesn't have the upper hand on the general public? Oh no!

To test this theory, or have evidence for your own theory - start at the top of your low ping list and log in to each low-pop public server, work down the list - Note how many let you in. This may show you there is not a lot of "server hopping" as people wrongly call it - and players who even try to do that are looking only for automatic weapons so that they can PvP. Or maybe they are honest players looking for a place to play?  People who try to log in to a public server are not "evil people".

"server hopper" is an insult word used to excuse a lot of bad talk and sloppy thinking.  It reminds me of the  "refugees are stealing jobs"  talk we hear in the real world.

Dude, I am only frustrated by the amount of nonsense you are spouting. I have yet to see anything valid here that I haven't already rung out with answers that you don't seem to be comprehending. Here you are saying it plain as day. PEOPLE EITHER GO FROM SERVER TO SERVER TO LOOT AUTOMATIC WEAPONS OR THEY ARE CLEAN PLAYERS JUST LOOKING FOR A DECENT PLACE TO PLAY. You are the only person calling then "evil people". Don't QUOTE me saying something I didn't say. You, friend, are the only person in this entire thread that even used the word "evil" til just now. Press ALT+F and check for yourself. I also never threw clean players in with the people I'm calling 'server hoppers'. I leave it to assumption that you understand when I say 'server hoppers' I'm talking about people who utilize the ability to obtain loot safely from their personal or empty servers, fully gearing up for straight up war, and move their fully gear up selves to public servers to PVP. We need not include anyone else in this. Also don't care about your plans for economic reform or refugees. Your political view has no place here. Irrelevant.

Bottom line -  banning the movement of gear between servers is tantamount to stopping player movement between servers (like WHY bother if you loose your important gear, or any gear?). It means all servers have semi-private hives, end of the public hive.

Good grief, dude.

It would NOT stop movement from server to server. It would remove the option to move ITEMS from server to server (you are EXTREMELY good at comparing apples and oranges). It would make every server an independent experience from the next and allow YOU the OPTION of having ANY NUMBER of individual characters in the same number of servers with varying elements of game-play. The experience would become all the more robust. The only weak argument you have is that you would have to start a new character every time you went to a new server. Dude, so what? Its just as easily a blessing as it is a curse. You have a character, lets say, who is fully geared up in one server and you get killed by whatever might cause death and then don't feel like starting a new character. Oh snap! You have another character in a different server! You don't even have to start from scratch! Maybe you'll feel like doing it later. It doesn't mean the end of persistence. You can't do that as easily now. If you die on a 1st + 3rd public server and want to continue playing on 1st + 3rd public you will HAVE TO start a new character. You couldn't just move right on to the next one. If you have crap stashed in a server and you die and want to retain access to your stash of crap post being killed you have to start a new character NO MATTER WHAT!

With an average of between7-11 players per server (read the statistics for Saturday night) this means the end of DayZ. The bad admins won't have any reason to store loot and no one to play with, they'll close down. The number of "official" severs depends on the number of hired servers, so official serves will be reduced too. The normal players will be stuck on one server with a few regulars -  and you soon find out that you are on a server with three farmers and one team of killers. The admins can stop-start their sever when they like, so your server may not even be online tonight, and so your portable gear is gone while you wait for the admin to come back, when he feels like it (maybe next weekend).

So you end up with players often starting up fresh, or just sticking with the same few players.The choice and the wide range game is gone. You can't even join the fun when you notice one server is maxed tonight - unless you go there in your underwear. And plenty of players (the majority) do not want to play private with one club. Some love it (that's cool)  but many think it is too limiting. They want new experiences.

The servers with 7-11 players per would thin out and your "statistics" are far from valid to anyone but yourself. You call it statistics as if you have a degree in the field! You don't! You are the guy that sampled a minuscule amount of data and then called it bonafide statistics! This circumstantial data collected by yourself, even if it were a legitimate amount of sampled data, is still completely circumstantial to yourself and MAYBE others in your general area. There is a lot of coax cable between you and almost everyone else. I don't have time to explain to you, in any sufficient amount of detail, all of the variables that could be responsible for your troubles with connecting to servers on DayZ but you can take my word for it when I say that you are part of a minority based upon my own observations that I wouldn't be bold enough to call "statistics" but, hell, if you can... why not? I'll go make another thread about how I don't have problems staying on servers.

As for the thinning out of servers run by "bad admins"... SO WHAT? You empathize with the "farmers" you are complaining about, dude! I just don't understand what you are trying to say?! All of the problems you are complaining about are CAUSED by the people that take advantage of ability to move loot from place to place! Why do you think these "bad admins" are starting and stopping their servers?! Better yet, why would you try to return to a server that does that!? Use that beautiful ability to save servers in your list of Favorites! Official servers aren't going anywhere! Public servers are maintained by Bohemia Interactive Studios! Not all servers are run by randoms. The End! Playing on private shards every time you play (if you so choose) does NOT mean you have the same experience or play with the same people every time you play! You compare everything I say to racism and fascism but you are just generalizing the crap out of everything else with NO knowledge of what you're talking about. There is no nice way to say it. Sorry.

There is a problem - but  - "server hoppers" is an insult, it is not the name of the problem.

Yeah... there is a problem! BUT what do you supposed we should call it if the term "server hopper" isn't lining up with your idea of political correctness then? Are we seriously debating what to call it or are you saying there is a whole different problem all together? I haven't heard anything about that and I'd suspect that would belong in a whole different thread if there is a different problem!

Your ideas show that you've thought about it, beanz for that iClown, but I'm sure your suggestion will not work. Sorry dude.

I don't need your beans, man. I'll just jump from server to server til I have a backpack full. I'll post the statistics so everyone knows the probability of spawning right on top of a can when Im done! I don't really need the apology either. You can be sure it won't work all you want but it will remain frivolous until you have actual facts and not just bold statements.

and ps - I could give you examples of real-world social-insult words, used exactly the way "server hopper" is used, and for the same reasons - but they are illegal because they lead to bad mindless crap.

AND I could explain how to hunt a pig with just a stone knife. I hope you don't claim it's an 'exploit' - It ain't, it is just being a very good, cunning experienced player-hunter and using your brain to work it out.So work it out.

And do the same here - read  https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/230682-make-sure-to-report-public-servers-that-kick-for-no-reason/page-3#entry2327990 and work out what is REALLY happening.

Well, P.S. I've had all that I can tolerate of the apple vs orange stuff and I don't really care to learn any more than I already know about racism and the like. I do just fine without the pig hunting tricks too but thanks anyway. I understand that there are servers that kick for no reason but if you are reporting it here, friend, you are in the wrong place. Follow your own link to do that. That is only relevant to my side of this argument. I really doubt that would continue without the incentive of being able to take loot from place to place. If it did it would be some clan doing their own thing and rightfully so. The only reason that is an addressable issue is due to the ability to transfer loot.

For background on how the problem got started read https://forums.dayzg...-4#entry2310557

Yawn. Same sad song. Tired of saying the same thing over n over.

OK, I put PLENTY of work into this, it takes a while to read, and a hell of a time for me to research and understand and write.

So that's it. If you want the real info read these two articles, get INFORMED, then have the discussion.

I am definitely out now.. total end of topic.

Good times. I read through your articles and feel strongly that you haven't given real consideration to the implications of taking loot from server to server. Maybe it isn't the problem in total but it is the biggest of the problems. You got the actual occurrence of the problems down solid but you don't have the cause. This is where you should stop refining and crunching the numbers and all the collected data and start looking around at all of the other things. There are groups who have servers dedicated to nothing more than gearing up the members of said groups for use in populated public servers. That isn't a secret to anyone! Go to the recruitment forums! They post information about that stuff right out in the open like its the cool thing to do! They don't even try to cover it up! I also see you say a lot of things like "server hoppers" dont exist and basically insinuating they aren't that big a problem. That is simply your choice to ignore that they are! They are a massive problem. I dont mean to suggest there arent a lot of good clean players! Just suggesting you look around once in a while.

Edited by iClown

..//..  you haven't given real consideration to the implications of taking loot from server to server.

..//.. I also see you say a lot of things like "server hoppers" don't exist and basically insinuating they aren't that big a problem.

..//..They are a massive problem.

1 ) BI gave real consideration to the implications of taking loot from server to server - read back on it, then you can argue from a basis of information. the implications of taking loot from server to server is central to the BI hive concept, BI are working on loot equilibrium across servers and testing it VERY seriously. It is a DayZ core feature. Ask them about it.

2 ) I SAID (he shouts) I said that "server hopper" is an insulting term used by people as a catch-all dirty name, AND because it is INTENDED to be an insult it does not have a real content (insults don't need content, insults hate content). It is like using insulting names for people of other races or religions. Calling someone a "n*****" or a "s****"   is NOT saying anything AT ALL about that person, It is just letting everyone know that you yourself are the worst sort of idiot.

3 ) ARE "they are a massive problem" ?  Really? - OK, then show me your FACTS - show me the information, WHERE did you get that information from?  Let me see it.

You must know that saying  "they are a massive problem" without any evidence, is just hearsay, dude - look up the word, it is not admissible evidence. It is smack talk, inflammatory rubbish - it's a noise.

All you rely on (so far) is overheard web-talk, but you know the web is full of  tinfoil-hat conspiracy theory, hung-over haters, urban myth, and "I-hear-tell" bollocks, tripe, codswallop and straight cant.

Nope, sorry - you have not (yet) shown me any evidence except "oh, but everyone knows it." -  hearsay dude -  it is not evidence.

I know you SHALL quote me the FACTS and FIGURES because you are an honest thoughtful guy. You don't believe what you read on the net without first checking it is TRUE. You do your own research, and think it through, and you make a sane adult assessment - right?

I came to my opinion - no big deal - (you can disagree, it is your right). Still, maybe I'm wrong? If you want to show me I'm wrong, just put those facts in front of me - if you are correct I'll apologize to you. OK ? 

xx

but hey iClown - please please DONT quote my whole post again.. it makes it more difficult to find what YOU want to say, and the result is 3 or 4 pages of my own text repeated and repeated over and over again. Man, even I'M bored - I guess by now everyone else left the thread? Just say what you have to say in your own words.

Edited by pilgrim

1 ) BI gave real consideration to the implications of taking loot from server to server - read back on it, then you can argue from a basis of information. the implications of taking loot from server to server is central to the BI hive concept, BI are working on loot equilibrium across servers and testing it VERY seriously. It is a DayZ core feature. Ask them about it.

Consideration, I'm sure they have. They have given a lot of consideration to all of it and its an alpha game. Nothing is set in stone. I understand that it is feature of DayZ be it a core feature or not it is still very much a massive exploitable flaw.

2 ) I SAID (he shouts) I said that "server hopper" is an insulting term used by people as a catch-all dirty name, AND because it is INTENDED to be an insult it does not have a real content (insults don't need content, insults hate content). It is like using insulting names for people of other races or religions. Calling someone a "n*****" or a "s****"   is NOT saying anything AT ALL about that person, It is just letting everyone know that you yourself are the worst sort of idiot.

I have clearly defined for you the "content" of the term "server hopper" which seems to hurt your feels for some reason. I don't intend to insult you or anyone else with the term. I, as I had stated in my previous post, am only calling it how it is. If you want to coin a different term for it then go right ahead. I refuse to type out "person who exploits the ability to travel from server to server with loot" instead of just simply "server hopper" over and over again when Im repeating myself to you for the 10 millionth damn time. I would rather you not start throwing words like the N word and whatever that S word is around though because that is very much understood to be disrespectful to pretty much everyone on the planet that has any decency at all. It is NOT the same thing. Server hoppers are not a race of people that have been slaved and oppressed for hundreds of years or anything even remotely close. You are the idiot here if there has to be one.

3 ) ARE "they are a massive problem" ?  Really? - OK, then show me your FACTS - show me the information, WHERE did you get that information from?  Let me see it.

You must know that saying  "they are a massive problem" without any evidence, is just hearsay, dude - look up the word, it is not admissible evidence. It is smack talk, inflammatory rubbish - it's a noise.

All you rely on (so far) is overheard web-talk, but you know the web is full of  tinfoil-hat conspiracy theory, hung-over haters, urban myth, and "I-hear-tell" bollocks, tripe, codswallop and straight cant.

Nope, sorry - you have not (yet) shown me any evidence except "oh, but everyone knows it." -  hearsay dude -  it is not evidence.

I know you SHALL quote me the FACTS and FIGURES because you are an honest thoughtful guy. You don't believe what you read on the net without first checking it is TRUE. You do your own research, and think it through, and you make a sane adult assessment - right?

I'm sorry I don't have a statistics degree like you do or Id provide you with all the numbers I'd crunched but I could go get your lazy self a link since you cant follow simple instructions in order to come to the same conclusion on your own as I had explained to you was an option.

https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/230583-kill-on-sight-recruiting-sponsored-team/

This clan, recruiting right here on these very forums, is not only named "Kill on Sight" but if you read the short Q&A in the thread that I linked you they also explain that they are "sponsored". By that they mean they have a server or they pay somebody to use their server for loot and they use it to gear up their entire crew and then they, in populated public server, kill people on sight. What now? Pretend that its the only clan that does that? This is their original idea? What now?

If you are truly concerned on any real level and since you need physical hard evidence and common sense isn't cutting it for you, you can do the rest of the fact finding yourself. I'm not digging out the whole internet to provide YOU evidence for something everyone should know for certain is true when its so blatantly obvious you would need to be legally blind to miss it.

I came to my opinion - no big deal - (you can disagree, it is your right). Still, maybe I'm wrong? If you want to show me I'm wrong, just put those facts in front of me - if you are correct I'll apologize to you. OK ?

I don't need an apology but it would be great if you would stop enabling it by pretending that its not a serious problem and that its not even happening. If you want to stick to your guns on retaining loot when switching servers that's fine but have a valid reason for it because denial, name calling, and switching subject matter (comparing apples to oranges falls in this category) doesn't exactly constitute legitimate debate.

but hey iClown - please please DONT quote my whole post again.. it makes it more difficult to find what YOU want to say, and the result is 3 or 4 pages of my own text repeated and repeated over and over again. Man, even I'M bored - I guess by now everyone else left the thread? Just say what you have to say in your own words.

Everything Im quoting from your post is underlined. My reply is just plain text. I don't figure that there are many better ways to keep a "debate" as long-winded as this one has been in any better order considering our circumstances- being on a forum and all.

Edited by iClown

..//..

https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/230583-kill-on-sight-recruiting-sponsored-team/

This clan, recruiting right here on these very forums, is not only named "Kill on Sight" but if you read the short Q&A in the thread that I linked you they also explain that they are "sponsored". By that they mean they have a server or they pay somebody to use their server for loot and they use it to gear up their entire crew and then they, in populated public server, kill people on sight.

..//..

This is off topic, but:

The clan ad on this forum, for the clan "KillOnSight" say they are sponsored by "server providers"  

. Look at their site dude - I think they mean that to have their free (sponsored) site they have to run ads from games companies etc. That's what it says in their site terms of agreement.

If you think there is something wrong with this clan ad, then please INFORM the admins. They will make a decision VERY quickly.

AND If you find a server IP mentioned on their site (I didn't find one) check it out and see if it is honest. If it is not, you know what to do, right?

Why not just message the guy and ask him politely?

[ edit : the member "Freebornv1" who placed a forum ad for this clan, is called FreebornMDK on his channel on Twitch TV. You can read his profile there. You can also find something from him on DayZTV; I watched his live stream on Twitch and it looks typical-standard to me. Nothing evil or exciting going on. Hey - he was wearing a broadsword, I don't know if that counts as "top end military gear" ?  end edit ]

But you brought this up -  you have their monikers on their site, you can check Steam and trace them back (and there are other easy ways to trace - for instance they are big on ArmA II mods and Minecraft)  you can find that stuff if you want to; and find if an IP exists. You brought it up - so run with it.

Please note - Right now I am NOT accusing those people of anything at ALL.. They could probably be great people and perfectly ok, fun players, I don't see any evidence that they aren't.

KOS is part of the game, right?

So - a little clan of 3 people who maybe want to sound cool ? - yep, just 3 (maybe 4) of them and they don't even make use of their own website, all the blog topics are empty (I guess they know each other face-to-face, so what's the point of writing messages to each other?)  - you'll be the second person ever to look at their member info, because I was the first - so these 4 kids want to sound cool (that's normal) and they try some "commercial-speak".. the Mods will decide if that wording is right or wrong. That is totally NOT my decision.

OK - back on topic:

BI are working on loot equilibrium across servers and testing it VERY seriously. It is a DayZ core feature. Ask them about it.

you totally missed out on that and you DID NOT follow it up. You should be interested, it is your base idea but taken a lot further, "equilibrium across servers" is the key - given a great deal of thought and work by the BI team from back before "persistence" started. It might encourage you to find out what they are doing, and why they are doing it. It might just turn out to be the solution.

In the meantime, log in to one or two low-pop servers (2-7 players) before you start a session - If they kick you Report it.

If enough players do this, democracy will start working.

So DO it - this is YOUR game, dude.

I guess we can both agree on that.

Edited by pilgrim

The clan ad on this forum, for the clan "KillOnSight" say they are sponsored by "server providers"  

. Look at their site dude - I think they mean that to have their free (sponsored) site they have to run ads from games companies etc. That's what it says in their site terms of agreement.

Heres another post of theirs from these very forums. I'm just curious how you could twist this into whatever you want it to be instead of just acknowledging you are wrong.

https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/230581-kos-endgamers/

BUT if you think there is something wrong with this 'clan' ad, then please INFORM the admins. They will make a decision VERY quickly.

AND If you find a server IP mentioned on their site (I didn't find one) check it out and see if it is honest. If it is not, you know what to do, right?

Why not just message the guy and ask him politely?

I'm not trying to figure out if they run a kick server. That isn't what this thread is about. You were the one who started in on this stuff and I've only suggested that the kick servers may exist, at least in part, to take advantage of the ability to move loot from one place to another. I believe that Ive provided 2 links at this point that support what I'm saying as long as you don't try to twist it around into something that its not just for the sake of not being wrong.

If you haven't the time, I can look around and maybe find out if they even HAVE a server - I can usually DO that stuff, (ya know..you might be be surprised). If it is a kick server I'll put in a complaint. And if it's not it will be interesting to see how they play (if they have a server). But you brought this up -  you have their monikers on their site, you can check Steam and trace them back (and there are other easy ways to trace - for instance they are big on ArmA II mods and Minecraft)  you can find that stuff if you want to; and find if an IP exists. You brought it up - so run with it.

Why don't you go join their clan? You seem like the type of person that would enjoy it. I DID NOT bring this up. You went on a tirade about servers and getting kicked and posting your links and I tried to explain to you something that shouldn't transcend common sense which you then demanded evidence for. When I provided said evidence you proceeded to pretend that it doesn't bluntly say everything I suggested to you and wasn't admissible as evidence and so I provide you yet another link. You are the one who has problems getting kicked out of servers.

You do understand that I'm not accusing them of owning or operating a server right? They may very well own and operate one but that is not relevant to my point. I'm pointing out to you that they have one method or another of taking complete and maximum advantage of the ability to take loot from one server to another so that they can gear up safely. In the second link he plainly states "KOS is providing all gear, so we also so rules." How can you ignore the plain truth?

Please note - Right now I am NOT accusing those people of anything at ALL.. they could probably be great people and perfectly ok, fun players, I don't see any evidence that they aren't.

A couple more quotes from the second link. "this is a PVP based team with an extensive call out system." followed by "we operate a Kill On Sight tactic." Sounds to me like just the kind of people you would want to go to Elektro (the place they 'operate out of') and hang out with. Why don't you go track them down?

KOS is part of the game, right?

Nobody said KOS wasnt part of the game. I dont have any idea how you get so far down the off topic rabbit hole as you do. I've suggested a level playing field for everyone by simply getting rid of the massive exploit that is the ability to take loot from server to server. Are you slow?

So - a little clan of 4 people who maybe want to sound cool ? - yep, just 4 of them and they don't even make use of their own website, all the blog topics are empty (I guess they all know each other face-to-face, so what's the point of writing messages to each other?)  - you'll be the second person ever to look at their member info, because I was the first - so these 4 kids want to sound cool (that's normal) and they try some "commercial-speak".. the Mods will decide if that wording is right or wrong. That is totally NOT my decision.

It doesnt matter how many people are in their clan. Four people are without a doubt exploiting the ability to move loot from server to server. Thats four people too many. You really think thats where the buck stops? Does it matter? Its like you saying "oh, its just 4 hackers running amok. thats not a big deal". Its 4 hackers now. Tomorrow its 10. Maybe they are nice players though. Real friendly hackers, right?

you totally missed out on that and you DID NOT follow it up. You should be interested, it is your base idea but taken a lot further, "equilibrium across servers" is the key - given a great deal of thought and work by the BI team from back before "persistence" started. It might encourage you to find out what they are doing, and why they are doing it. It might just turn out to be the solution.

In the meantime, log in to one or two low-pop servers (2-7 players) before you start a session - If they kick you Report it.

If enough players do this, democracy will start working.

So DO it - this is YOUR game, dude.

I guess we can both agree on that.

I just dont have anything to say to you at this point that I haven't told you at least twice. I'm not going to go research something you think is important. Why don't you go ahead and provide that proof? I cant just tell you something is true and then you will accept that and or go research it. You can't hold this double standard. If you have some evidence you want to admit to this conversation you can go dig it up yourself. Not only that but even if you brought said evidence I wouldn't, judging by your analytical skills (or lack of), just accept your interpretation of it.

You and your democrazy pinko crap... I said early on your political views have no place here... why? why do you feel the need to push your political agenda?

I'm not witch hunting these phantom kick servers with you.

Ive told you already I have never been kicked from a server the way you claim to have been. It has literally never happened to me. Witch hunt is a damn witch hunt.

Edited by iClown

""  your democrazy pinko crap  """   ???

[edit - thread wrecked, I'm out of here]

xx

Edited by pilgrim

Perhaps they should just eliminate being able to go from ANY server to ANY server with loot. For example you might be able to take loot from UK1 server to UK2 server but not take your loot from UK server to DE servers. Just a thought.