Sign in to follow this  
The Vampire Lestat

Zombies in 0.59 (Experimental)

I've been playing on experimental since the news broke out that zombies were coming back in the update, but I haven't seen a single zombie since I've been playing again. On the bright side, I have some awesome gear! Has anyone been encountering zeds regularly?

yes, there are plenty in the bigger towns. but they only respawn at server restart.

Edited by edwin3

I'm really hoping that the Devs will start shoving in greater populations of zed soon. I love this game, but I want the Infected to really be just as much a threat, if not more, as other players.

In cities, there should be at least one-two zombie for every enterable building, as they likely lived there in that city.

In cities, there should be at least one-two zombie for every enterable building...

Or flat :)

full-1725-70466-1zq7yig.jpg

I've been playing on experimental since the news broke out that zombies were coming back in the update, but I haven't seen a single zombie since I've been playing again. On the bright side, I have some awesome gear! Has anyone been encountering zeds regularly?

Try heading to Severograd. I always seem to run into a decent supply of infected persons there in 0.59. Hardly see them elsewhere (though I avoid coastal cities).

Berezino was packed when I was there earlier, you had one for every 100 metres or so on the outskirts. They're definitely there. :)

In Zelenogorsk last night (at the military section at the end) we capped at least 30 , and I'm pretty sure they trspawn depending on guns fired , people in the area etc etc ... Me and two others were posted up in the jail cell building shooting zombies endlessly running towards the place (in waves of 3 - 4 it seemed) the bodies disappeared quick but I swear we must have wasted 30 of them, and they were still willing to respawn, but unfortunately we were running low on ammo and had to log for the night . They only respawn like this in big cities , I don't think they soawn at all anywhere else (small towns) . I want to see them everywhere and in this number (and roaming hordes).

Dayz is getting better patch by patch , can't wait to get dat waking dead feeling with hordes :) !

• Like 2

I enjoyed the most 0.42 or something update with endless zombie respawning. Ammo was plenty and zeds kept coming all day long.

I've set up family sharing with a friend of mine that has the DayZ mod for ARMA 2 so I've been trying it out. There are lots of zombies on there! It's got really different mechanics so it's quite a bit to get used to. H1Z1 has an interesting set up that the amount of zombies spawning depends on the amount of players in a server and the amount of players and loot in an area.