Sign in to follow this  
General Zod

I am slowly warming up... slowly and frequently.

I am slowly warming up

I am slowly warming up

I am slowly warming up

I am slowly warming up

I am slowly warming up

I am completely drenched 

I am slowly warming up

I am slowly warming up

I am slowly warming up

Get the idea ? Do we really need to be informed every 10 seconds that our character is slowly warming up ?

Most messages come up to often by this one is is just ridiculous. And this have been suggested before, is it really that hard to change the notification frequency ? It would be fine it that notification had some significance, because it's life threatening, but this is useless. 

• Like 1

As far as I'm aware the status messages will eventually be completely removed in favour of a simple UI.

• Like 1

I am slowly warming up

I am slowly warming up

I am slowly warming up

I am slowly warming up

I am slowly warming up

I am completely drenched 

I am slowly warming up

I am slowly warming up

I am slowly warming up

Get the idea ? Do we really need to be informed every 10 seconds that our character is slowly warming up ?

Most messages come up to often by this one is is just ridiculous. And this have been suggested before, is it really that hard to change the notification frequency ? It would be fine it that notification had some significance, because it's life threatening, but this is useless. 

With the new ui, those messages will be a thing of the past. But most importantly for me, we'll be able to turn off the hud too.  :thumbsup: 

"Second very important screen is HUD overlay, which as you noticed with latest 0.59 experimental we started to implement. However this is completely different story to tell but I can assure you it will be possible to toggle on demand so it will not occlude your view if you looking for maximum immersion as possible."

B) 

This message spam is going to be removed, unfortunately the UI they'really replacing it with is really bad (in my opinion), to the point that I'd rather keep how it is. What we really need is for the messages to fade out much more quickly and a hotkey to make them disappear/reappear instantly. Also it would be nice if pressing the chat key made recent messages (let's say the last 10 lines) show again, like in many other games.

Edited by OnionOfShame
  • Like 1

Or just keep it like vanilla DayZ mod, hidden on the right side/ corner in a transparent overlay. Gave a rough idea, not numbers like the debug monitor.

I think the worst is running through a forest in the rain

I am getting wet

I am no longer getting wet

I am completely soaked

I am getting wet

Every single time you pass under a tree...

Edited by Owen.

Or just keep it like vanilla DayZ mod, hidden on the right side/ corner in a transparent overlay. Gave a rough idea, not numbers like the debug monitor.

I think the worst is running through a forest in the rain

I am getting wet

I am completely soaked

I am getting wet

Every single time you pass under a tree...

I really hope they don't add icons like what the mod had. Having the icons constantly floating there is much more immersion-breaking than the message spam for me.

I really hope they don't add icons like what the mod had. Having the icons constantly floating there is much more immersion-breaking than the message spam for me.

Guess I kinda got spoiled by this one server I played on lol, when you hit the button that brought up the debug monitor, it brought the icons up. Toggled on and off with that button