oompah

My Dayz Story (two years later)

The same way you miss when multiple people tell you it's closer to 2 years not 3.

Based on the team size, and the complete revamp of the engine. I expect nothing less of whats going on.

I am not defending their time, as i have never had the chance to visit their place of business. BI also redirected some things. New tools must have been made.

Really, its hard to know everything behind the scenes. I just know from everything hicks, and the rest have mentioned that they had to rework much of the game itself.

So oompah, if i was your boss and i told you to rethink your game now, and add in moding + server type like we do in arma games, would this not stop the game and go backwards to make sure your able to do this?

I am not disputing anything you say there, i am merely saying that not each business model can say that things should be up and going right away.

Its just going on 2 years not 3. It was a modded game prior, arma 2.

They do have a roadmap you can review, it will explain everything they are trying to accomplish in time.

They also have not given you the next builds. All we know they could be on build 69 and releasing build 59 soon.

So we may all think we know whats going on behind the scenes at BI, Dayz Studios but we do not. We also don't know what the big bosses changed on the team either.

As an owner of a small business i can tell you, i handle what 8 of you guys do in 1 day each and every day, and drive 3 hrs back and forth from work. Time is a factor in any business.

and to go out and hire 10 new programmers and graphics artists don't really work either. You have to retrain them into your business model. This takes time too.

Review

Brian hicks is a very qualified individual, don't think he wont be pushing his team to the max soon enough. The road map is a tough to follow design phase any one would not want to follow.

Edited by TheSneakyDude

(snip) - I don't know anything about game design or working on larger teams - (snip) - it boggles my small mind... -

Then perhaps stop repeating the same thing many times and actually accept some of the things being said to you.

Not worth bothering with, so don't bother with.

Guy doesn't know much and is still managing to break his legs, probably lacks a bit of oompah in his interwebz.

This is better.

• Like 1