Sign in to follow this  
Lipzyncable

Dayz mod, keeps giving me a BSOD

so i havent played dayz mod in about 3-4 months i went to play it again with new components and i get the 0x00000124 error code again, my cpu temps are about 60 degrees celcius when on arma 2 and dayz mod for the short 10 mins i can play for before the BSOD pops up, i have no idea whats causing it, my setup will be posted below.

I have 5 fans in my case and 1 on my CPU so heats not the issue. and it also says its caused by "Hot Plugging"... please help. :)

OS windows 7

Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 5 Motherboard

Intel Core i5-4690K CPU

Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 Strix

Vengeance 16GB (2x8) DDR3 1600mhz

And also this setup is not even 7 months old i clean my pc each month from dust and stuff like that...

60°C is perfectly safe for your CPU but have you checked your other temps?

• Like 1

i think "hot plugging" means, that some device is disconnected from the system while its running.

i actually doubt anyone in this forum will be able to help you, but we still might give it a try.

some things i'd like to know are:

1.what does the bsod error code say exactly?

you often get to see something like this :

*** STOP: 0x00000116 (0xFFFFFA80100984E0, 0xFFFFF880040CFDAC, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000002)*** atikmpag.sys - Address FFFFFF880040CFDAC base at FFFFF880040C4000, DateStamp 53507abb

interesting would be what your bsod says at the point mine says atikmpag.sys, as it can help to pinpoint the component thats causing this

2. do you overclock your gpu/cpu?

3. you said you clean your pc every month, do you plug out any devices during the progress?

hot plugging might be caused by a loose contact afaik.

• Like 1

try deleting your configs and relaunch

• Like 1

Hi,

BCCode: 124 is a Hardware Failure though software such as BIOS, low level chipset drivers, drivers,
and even security programs can cause it.

Check this thread for information on using BlueScreenView, MyEventViewer, and other methods
to troubleshoot BlueScreens - top 3 replies.

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7repair/thread/c675b7b8-795f-474d-a1c4-6b77b3fcd990

Since it's a relatively new build hardware, BIOS, low level chipset drivers are among the things you should check.

This is usually heat related, defective hardware, memory or even processor though it is "possible" that it is driver related (rare). Remove ALL power and reseat all cards, memory and cables (on both ends) - actually remove and replace - do not just snug.
Make sure the system has adequate ventilation
Carefully inspect the motherboard and other cards for damage.
Pay attention to the fatal hardware error implication.
You may need a real computer shop or the System maker's Support.

There have been a few instances where Norton/Symantec and other antivirus/security programs have caused this error.

BCCode: 124   0x00000124

The WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR bug check has a value of 0x00000124.
This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA). 

http://www.faultwire.com/solutions-fatal_error/The-system-encountered-an-uncorrectable-hardware-error-0x00000124-*1289.html

Hope this helps 

Rgds Iago
Edited by AmberHelios

Hi,

BCCode: 124 is a Hardware Failure though software such as BIOS, low level chipset drivers, drivers,

and even security programs can cause it.

Check this thread for information on using BlueScreenView, MyEventViewer, and other methods

to troubleshoot BlueScreens - top 3 replies.

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7repair/thread/c675b7b8-795f-474d-a1c4-6b77b3fcd990

Since it's a relatively new build hardware, BIOS, low level chipset drivers are among the things you should check.

This is usually heat related, defective hardware, memory or even processor though it is "possible" that it is driver related (rare). Remove ALL power and reseat all cards, memory and cables (on both ends) - actually remove and replace - do not just snug.
Make sure the system has adequate ventilation
Carefully inspect the motherboard and other cards for damage.
Pay attention to the fatal hardware error implication.
You may need a real computer shop or the System maker's Support.

There have been a few instances where Norton/Symantec and other antivirus/security programs have caused this error.

BCCode: 124   0x00000124

The WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR bug check has a value of 0x00000124.

This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA). 

http://www.faultwire.com/solutions-fatal_error/The-system-encountered-an-uncorrectable-hardware-error-0x00000124-*1289.html

Hope this helps 

Rgds Iago

god dammit amber. 

• Like 1