Sign in to follow this  
Teng (DayZ)

question about barrle and tent persistence- how to reset?

I know barrels and tents will last 45 days, but how do I reset the cycle to allow them last another 45 days?

like remove all items inside and pick it up?

I could be wrong but think you should pack it and set it up again to be safer.

The reason they set the 45 day persistence on them was because they said "there's no easy way to refresh their persistence" or something very close to that without really explaining the exact conditions needed to refresh them and I don't think we were planned to go more than a month without an update at the time. 

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 1

i think basher is right

interacting shouldn't work at this point, but i'd say packing the tents or moving them has the highest chance to work

• Like 1

I have 6 Mil. tents, 3 car tents & 14 barrels in one camp that I have been using since Oct. 1st. All I do is go into each 1 & remove/replace 1 thing every week. I have not had anything go missing yet. Actually hoping I don't get to find out if they last the full 45 days. That means we got .59 :)

Edited by Silence4all

thanks for all the help guys.

so basically there is no official answer about barrel persistence refresh?

I'll just hoping or guessing replace barrels might work.

thanks for all the help guys.

so basically there is no official answer about barrel persistence refresh?

I'll just hoping or guessing replace barrels might work.

https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/227520-status-report-29-jul-2015/

Fortunately, players can now create camps and store their supplies and weapons at them during their treks across Chernarus. Different containers / objects have different lifetimes. Currently, they operate as follows:

- Medium Tent (Pitched): 45 Days

- Military Tent (Pitched): 45 Days

- Car Tent (Pitched): 45 Days

- Barrels: 45 Days

- Ammo Boxes: 45 Days

- Protector Cases: 45 Days

- Backpacks (All types): 3 Days  (note: backpacks were reduced by the .58 hotfix)

Current functionality on experimental does not allow for refreshing the lifetime of an object without picking it up, so tents and barrels were set to a lifetime that will cover the time to .59 + some safety room in case of .59 stable blockers. Once .59 is pushed to stable, we will support the refresh of a base objects lifetime via interacting with it (moving, placing, picking up any item inside it) - which will operate as follows:

Edited by SausageKingofChicago
  • Like 1