Sign in to follow this  
Cool_Runnings925

The respawn game (fixed)

Everyone knows that this game struggles when trying to play with your friends. You spend half the time, when playing this game, killing yourself off high structures nicknamed suicide silo and such only to spawn in the same place that you just spawned 5 seconds ago. You then do this multiple times until after an hour, you finally get a spawn that you can run to meet up with your friends. It makes it really hard to enjoy this game with friends. There is a fix to this that would work and that i'm proposing: Spawn selection with timeouts. 

In the proposition, the player is allowed to spawn anywhere he would like on the coast of chernarus(This would range for anything down the coast). This would allow everyone to group up in one city with one click from every player. The problem with just implementing this is that you would have a huge case of getting swarmed by the same player multiple times trying to get his dead body, or give positions of the people who killed him, or just cities being overpopulated, which i feel destroys the survival gameplay. As a DayZ daily player, I feel the most annoying thing in the game is having to kill a player you just killed 5-6 times because he's lucky and wont stop spawning in the area he died.

The fix to the problem above would be to create a timeout to counteract the player who has just died from getting his body back. By creating a timer for each spawn across the coast, it would temporarily disable players to continue to bum rush their dead corpse in desperate attempts to get their gear back , or a troll from also causing trouble. Each spawn would have a timeout of a given amount of minutes before it became available again. The way you could do this is:

Number of towns spawnable * Spawn timer = Time to come out of timeout of an already spawned village

This would fix basically everything from allowing easier party group up with friends , and also cut down time that it would take to get a spawn you want. Because, lets be honest, you could spend 30 minutes trying to get a chernogorsk spawn, whereas if you've already spawned in cherno once, you'd only have to wait a few minutes to get back there (if you really wanted to waite) or you could just spawn on the coast and wait for your buddies to die and have them join you in that city.

Just run to your friends, unless one spawns down in Kamenka and the other in Berezino it takes hardly any time to run to one another and if you know where you are going, you can just meet up in land just as easy... That way you can gear up a little and get some food/drink on the way to meeting them. Spawn selection would be a terrible addition to this game, with or without timeouts, as people would still find a way to exploit it without a doubt.. 

It is not supposed to be easy to meet up, but it isn't particularly difficult in the current state either. If you can't spend 5-10 mins running to one another then you probably don't have time to have a decent gaming session together any way that day.

Besides, the random spawns are nice, you never know where you are going to end up and it means every start over has to be different from the previous one... That is a good thing.. 

I also think spawn selection would be bad.

But I do think that if you and your friend(s) have new characters, you should be able to group up in the server/friend selection menu, so that you both (or all) spawn in the same, random and unselected, place.

If you have existing characters, it's tough shit - you have to make your way to each other's location manually.

Edited by Pillock

Even if you do spawn in Kamenka and berezino it should take 15 minutes max finding each other. I like it as well. You're all alone and then you navigate to the place and see ur mate and it's good times again :)

Walking from kamenka to berezino does not take 15 minutes  to do. Look at your clock and run that. It literally takes 10 minutes to go from electro to cherno.. It will take you probably 20 minutes to 30 minutes. And that is in the case you full out run to kamenka from berezino, which is impossible without food or water. In other words, it will take much longer.

Edited by Cool_Runnings925

Arma 3 breaking point mod had a decent fix for this 

It allowed people to make permanent groups outside the game via its "legion" system.

Once set up , you could always find each other in game with player markers .
I would really like to see this inhere  

The only reason this is an issue is because at the current stage people generally don't live very long and a significant amount of playtime is spent meeting up before dying and doing it again. If the average life lasted a lot longer then the initial time invested in meeting up wouldn't be so bad.