Sign in to follow this  
thefriendlydutchman

More pistols

I think we should have more pistols and less rifle spawning, also AK's should become really really rare, although the weapon itself is still findable

the chance of getting a mag is much smaller

Edit: although I suggested some pistols BcBasher made some good points since my information seemed to be incorrect.

Edited by jorn818

I think we should have more pistols and less rifle spawning, also AK's should become really really rare, although the weapon itself is still findable

The Dardick Model 1500

Dardick%2B1500%2BRevolver.jpg

Would be really rare but only 2 slots so easily to carry and doesnt need a magazine, although would take more shots to kill than the other pistols

The 1926 TK Korovin

_23412LSide.jpg

semi-automatic pistol strong although medium recoil

uses 7.65mm rounds 

Brothers Pastukhov

1851DenisovBc.jpg

one of the first russian revolvers, although strong, really inaccurate

and best used from close range

pros: does not need a magazine

Smith and Wesson .380 snub nose

taurus-856hl.jpg

pretty much a makarov that makes more sound and doesnt need a magazine

Your "S&W snub nose" Is a Taurus 357, it even says on the damn barrel and grips?

**edit**

Pretty sure that Russian revolver is cap and ball as well, that'd be fun feeding that.

Not.

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 1

The Dardick Model 1500

Dardick%2B1500%2BRevolver.jpg

Would be really rare but only 2 slots so easily to carry and doesnt need a magazine, although would take more shots to kill than the other pistols

The 1926 TK Korovin

_23412LSide.jpg

semi-automatic pistol strong although medium recoil

uses 7.65mm rounds 

Brothers Pastukhov

1851DenisovBc.jpg

one of the first russian revolvers, although strong, really inaccurate

and best used from close range

pros: does not need a magazine

Smith and Wesson .380 snub nose

taurus-856hl.jpg

pretty much a makarov that makes more sound and doesnt need a magazine

Your attempt at trolling is a poor one

Edited by TheCreeper

Your "S&W snub nose" Is a Taurus 357, it even says on the damn barrel and grips?

**edit**

Pretty sure that Russian revolver is cap and ball as well, that'd be fun feeding that.

Not.

Sorry now that you say it you are completely right, I am far from a weapon expert to be honest and just wanted to give some type of input on the game's ''there is a rifle on every corner system.''

That cap-and-ball revolver is TOTALLY either a Colt 1860 Army or a 1861 Navy. They are 1) MONSTERS, roughly equal to a modern .357, and 2) TOTALLY not fucking Russian

• Like 1

-A 10 round semi automatic 9mm would be incredibly OP if it were the size of a derringer to conceal and didn't need magazines to load. Also, nobody has a Dardick pistol that I can think of, it's so incredibly rare.

-The TK Korovin is not remotely strong. It fires .25 ACP which is an incredibly piss weak cartridge. It is very similar in performance to .22LR.

-Cap & Ball revolvers do not use magazines, but good luck finding the blackpowder, the balls and the percussion caps required to fire them. They also are less accurate than modern pistols.

-That .380 is a Taurus, not a S&W, it even says such. A .380 snub nose would be interesting though.

As for rifles in every corner? Rifles and shotguns are far more common in civilian circulation than handguns.

-A 10 round semi automatic 9mm would be incredibly OP if it were the size of a derringer to conceal and didn't need magazines to load. Also, nobody has a Dardick pistol that I can think of, it's so incredibly rare.

-The TK Korovin is not remotely strong. It fires .25 ACP which is an incredibly piss weak cartridge. It is very similar in performance to .22LR.

-Cap & Ball revolvers do not use magazines, but good luck finding the blackpowder, the balls and the percussion caps required to fire them. They also are less accurate than modern pistols.

-That .380 is a Taurus, not a S&W, it even says such. A .380 snub nose would be interesting though.

As for rifles in every corner? Rifles and shotguns are far more common in civilian circulation than handguns.

I have made my love for blackpowder firearms well known in these forums :P

In 'reality", a blackpowder muzzleloading firearm is "more sustainable" in the long term than a metallic-cartridge breechloader. Fewer moving parts to break, easier maintenance, and easier logistics of ammunition. 

A flintlock is in actuality "more sustainable" than a caplock, due to the fact that percussion caps are a PITA to make, and require 1) some decent chemistry and 2) some not-so-pleasant chemicals. All blackpowder needs is potassium nitrate (aka that white-powder-stuff you can find in the soil of any animal enclosure), charcoal, and sulfur. Of those, sulfur is the only limited reagent, and there would be several sources of sulfur available, even "post- apocalypse". And there are even different formulas for blackpowder that don't even use sulfur.

Oh, and the "inaccuracy" of blackpowder firearms, even smoothbores, is drastically overstated. Are they as accurate as modern firearms? Hell no, but a US Civil War era caplock musket can be accurate out to (and possibly past) 400 yards, and a smoothbore Revolutionary War musket can be accurate out to/past 100 yards, so long as it is loaded "right". The inaccuracy of a smoothbore musket was a result of the loading procedures of the armies of the time (use ammunition much smaller than the inside diameter of the barrel, slam the ball down onto the powder, etc)

At 30 or so meters, the only measurable difference between a smokeless powder-propelled bullet and a blackpowder-propelled bullet(don't forget, the revolver above is rifled, and fires a Minie projectile, so it can essentially be "as accurate" as a modern pistol in that regard) is that the blackpowder bullet will be travelling slower.  At longer ranges, yes, blackpowder projectiles will "drop off" sooner than a smokeless projectile, but they are still perfectly viable so long as you are practiced with the firearm.

But, yes, I agree with you that rifles and shotguns should be far, FAR, more common than pistols. Rifles and shotguns are multi-functional, while pistols can only really be used for self-defense.

Edited by Whyherro123
  • Like 1

I do support there being Muskets myself, through flintlocks or matchlocks. I did however like the idea of the Pattern 1853 Enfields though which are probably more common in Russia thanks to their association with the Crimean War.

Blackpower weapons are something I would personally like to see in game, and there are a number of weapons that would be plausible to see in the area, such as the Nagant M1895, which where designed to use either black or smokeless powder (least, so I have been led to understand).

Plus, well, if they do go and make amunition as rare as they say they may, than blackpowder would be a good reason to setup a base.