saamohod

Human Steak consequences

In a nutshell.
I just ate a raw human steak, for testing (not tasting) purposes and for adventure. Got "funny taste in my mouth" and gradual black and white vision (due to blood loss apparently). No message in my status window, only the "healthy" status is gone. No vomiting so far. No weird laughing. "Energized" and "hydrated" at bright green.
Question: how far will my condition go and what should I expect?
Thanx/

It seems you got yourself either light or medium food poisoning, depending on the cooking (or not) and dice rolls. Remember that in 0.58 even cooked meat has a small chance of poisoning you.

You're into half an hour (extremely lucky) to over an hour of water and blood loss. It is my impression that neither poisoning can be survived with normal play. You need to stick close to a water source, preferably a well as your chances of contracting cholera will be too big. A lot of food or a nice patch of pumpkins will be necessary. Don't go down below bright-green 'energized' and dark-green 'hydrated', otherwise you may not make it. Choose a secluded place as you'll be vulnerable, so if you're at Cherno, beat it to Pusta, from Bere go to Khelm. Good luck and don't give up on your toon! Unless it's kuru, of course, then you're screwed.

And of course it was for testing purposes, you didn't even need to mention that.

A wobo video for you:

did you cook it?

how did you source it?

how much did you eat?

Didn't cook. I found a couple of the steaks lying on the road of a town along with a pile of bones on an empty server. I wasn't hungry, but was hungry for adventure )) So I ate both of them raw on the spot.

it could have been baited (poisoned).  Was more asking to see what criteria may cause sickness, for my own meat eating adventures. i'll need to try some time.

In a nutshell.

I just ate a raw human steak, for testing (not tasting) purposes and for adventure. Got "funny taste in my mouth" and gradual black and white vision (due to blood loss apparently). No message in my status window, only the "healthy" status is gone. No vomiting so far. No weird laughing. "Energized" and "hydrated" at bright green.

Question: how far will my condition go and what should I expect?

Thanx/

Your stats won't show up anything right away, basically what will happen is exactly what you're experiencing right now then you'll get the 'sick' status then you'll start to vomit, if you were healthy to start with and continue to eat and drink to keep energised and hydrated you'll fight through it in a few hours (Real time)

That's how it worked out for me anyway. I had ate two raw steaks.

Edited by RagedDrew

Like already said the cooked meat was or is bugged with a chance too recently.

Once you're sick with food poisoning you cant get it again until it's gone though so in theory you can eat more raw meat to get through the blood loss from the first time.

It may be fixed because at the end of exp. the last time I tried to repeat it I ate 30 carp fillets between two characters and didn't get it. 

it could have been baited (poisoned). 

Are you sure you can lace meat with some kind of poison? I don't think anything works at the moment. Otherwise most people would poison every possible fruit and water container. ;)

You got poisoned but didn't get the cannibal's brain disease. Brain disease consists of a weird laugh every 10 minutes or so and twitching every few seconds in a way that is semi disruptive to aim but not much else.

Didn't cook. I found a couple of the steaks lying on the road of a town along with a pile of bones on an empty server. I wasn't hungry, but was hungry for adventure )) So I ate both of them raw on the spot.

*tsk* 10 second rule

• Like 1

i thought spraying food was still a thing?

I wasn't aware it was ever a thing. I was positive the only effect of the spray is when ingested, until the barrels arrived. Need to try it soon.

I wasn't aware it was ever a thing. I was positive the only effect of the spray is when ingested, until the barrels arrived. Need to try it soon.

hmmm, only seen anecdotal evidence / recounts of people spraying food or suggesting that drinking from filled water bottles on the ground gave them some kind of poisoning... But yeah haven't tried myself.

Will do soon, then swiftly throw myself from something tall upon onset symptoms ;)

hmmm, only seen anecdotal evidence / recounts of people spraying food or suggesting that drinking from filled water bottles on the ground gave them some kind of poisoning... But yeah haven't tried myself.

Will do soon, then swiftly throw myself from something tall upon onset symptoms ;)

I sprayed and ate 5 tomatoes and 5 peppers, no symptoms of poisoning. Maybe the chance is small but I doubt it since ingesting the spray poisons you at 100%. So I guess it's not there yet.

• Like 1