Sign in to follow this  
Killawife

Relog/leg break mechanic/suicide

As most of you know, a very much used method for getting the spawn you want is to go up a tower, jump down and die and respawn somewhere else. I don't like this and mostly play with the spawn i get but I can understand that its a bit frustrating getting ten Svet spawns in a row when theres nothing there. I have suggested another spawn system before but that is beside the point. I have an idea that will prevent the jumping to your death getting a respawn thing and its simple and will also solve another issue :

Remove death by falling.

Theres really not very often that the mechanic where you fall to your death by falling is applicable. Mostly, you lag and fall off triple yellow or miss the ladder by an inch on the NW airfield Firestation and fall down. If the controls were better it would not happen at all but as it is now its only really used to suicide. It would be better if falling only broke your legs and ruined your trousers/shoes and equipment there but allows you a chance to recover.

This would also cure(well, not really) the legbreak bug that killed you in some instances when your legs broke while walking up/down stairs and you didnt stop taking damage(haven't had it in a while though), killing you.

A new spawn system would be nice though.

There are more than enough places on the map high enough that a fall would absolutely kill you. Yeah, obviously the seemingly random leg breakage & sometimes subsequent death is quite annoying, but I don't really see how having people always survive is any better.

Falling isn't the only way to get a quick death either; people can run into the water and go prone to drown themselves, find a zombie or random player and let them kill you, poison themselves or even just use the built-in suicide mechanic with an improvised knife. In a lot of cases people actually do this over falling because some spawns are nowhere near high points.

I can imagine this would be abused too; sure, your legs might be broken, but what happens when you get cornered on some high building so you just jump off and splint/morphine yourself (or even just crawl away?)

The only real solution (besides making every server permadeath, which no one wants) is to increase the respawn times, but that still doesn't guarantee people will stop.

• Like 1

We still have bugs that kill you instantly when walking on roofs, because of rubberbanding etc..

They just need to fix these bugs not building a workaround. And no fall damage would be a pretty terrible workaround imo.

No it wouldnt be terrible as nobody really falls off something unintentionally in this game, I can however see an issue with someone being cornered on a highrise building or factory roof and choosing to jump off to get away. 

I think the stone knife suicide mechanic is disabled. It hasn't worked for med me in quite a while. The character simply doesnt do the animation unless you hold a gun.

I still believe that the best solution would be the ability to choose a spawn point instead of it being random.

Having no fall damage will make helicopters quite lame when they are in the game. 

I went down this road as well since I was frustrated with people jumping to their deaths- and the most popular vote was gradually increasing spawn times. Another reasonably popular one was respawning automatically in the same spot if you died by falling within X amount of minutes- could even be a random number. 

Each one had it's supporters and detractors but let's be honest- you can never please everyone but generally those two solutions were the ones that came up the most.