Sign in to follow this  
Zurvivalist

Add this and I'll pay extra

Pet dogs. With basic functions such as Follow/Stay And proximity alarms for player /zed notifications when with in X radius ? Later options such as
(Tracking) the ability to sniff out and find wild life ,
(Hunting mode) where dog would run off and return with rabbit in its mouth after certain amount of time.as a alternative to rabbit snares.
(Pursue) Where in say your at camp and dog detects player in radius , Set dog to track , and he would start moving toward detected player so you could find them .

Retrieval ) command, where after you kill target animal or player , dog could go and drag it back to you . 
(Guard) set to stay at camp or while looting town set dog to auto attack all players/zed who enter X radius of area. 

Commands could be accessed or gained based on how long your dog has been kept alive to prevent over use or exploiting . ie: newly tamed dog has basic functions, after a week or two of being alive it has all commands unlocked . 

Ride horses . With saddle bags for storage . Saddles and bags could be crafted from leather , and Horses require upkeep for health,hydration and so on.

Wildlife collision . ie If hit by a running cow , you take dmg similar to being run over by a car.

Aggressive wild life, Such as wild dogs, pigs , charging bulls, Charging pigs and bulls would be very simple, and just require collision damage with no complicated animations for biting  like dogs would. Ai would simply be changed from Passive-Avoid as they are now , to aggressive-attack much like zombies are set to do. Adding much needed chance for random risk and hazards to wilderness areas.

Server host/owner loot table control. Ie the ability for the owner of a server to set which items will / will not spawn into their server. not to add more , but to remove. Such as, if a PvE server wanted to remove all military weapons and Canned foods from spawning into server. Or a PvP server wanted to remove all Sniper rifles.

Edit: I dont know why everything is highlighted in this post. I cant seem to undo it. 

Edited by J0nathan

They sound like good ideas (especially having a pet dog) but the loot table thing could easily be used for exploiting (for example, if the server owner wanted an M4, they could stop everything except M4s from spawning)

They sound like good ideas (especially having a pet dog) but the loot table thing could easily be used for exploiting (for example, if the server owner wanted an M4, they could stop everything except M4s from spawning)

True.. I didnt really considered possible exploitation in that regards. I was thinking of global server settings when initial set up was built. And set for private hive servers only , so not to effect global loot tables .

Our p.Server is a PvE server. So we voluntarily opt out of using a majority of the available items in the loot table. The ability to just turn off things like military gear, heli crashes, certain lootable items, Would just add better customization server to server. 

Only thing is they don´t need your money they already sold millions of copies :D

Also i would not dream about such features like this in that state of the game, rather would want basic stuff to work, and i would NOT pay extra for that XD

EDIT: yes i generally like those ideas although it does not sound like it

ANOTHER EDIT: since you express you want to pay more for such a feature - No, we don´t like to pay for future features in DayZ (paid DLCs etc.) and i hope i can speak here for the majority of DayZ players.

Edited by VanValdenburg

Server host/owner loot table control. Ie the ability for the owner of a server to set which items will / will not spawn into their server. not to add more , but to remove. Such as, if a PvE server wanted to remove all military weapons and Canned foods from spawning into server. Or a PvP server wanted to remove all Sniper rifles.

This will naturally happen when modding will be allowed.

For official servers i would rather like different setups like the Hardcore mode which was removed.

This mode was originally made for exactly the thing you describe.

ANOTHER EDIT: since you express you want to pay more for such a feature - No, we don´t like to pay for future features in DayZ (paid DLCs etc.) and i hope i can speak here for the majority of DayZ players.

Simply expressing just how badly we want these features added in . As fun as 0.58 has been to learn... things progress to quickly and we have ran out of things to do . Game is growing dull. 

Once learned 

Food acquisition is a simple side task to be preformed on a as needed bases . No point in storing or stocking up food supplies . 

Wild life behavior seems purely random.Which makes you unable to actually go hunting. Just dependent on pure chance to cross paths with a deer or something. 

Cooking is rather high on the risk/reward balance, As food status doesn't show properly , causing unknown chance for sickness, And any desync on server can result in death by burning minutes after you have finished cooking and walked away from fire.Causing many players to avoid the task entirely . 

Lack of security on camps results in massive progress loss if random troll stumbles into your hidden camp site and decides to steal everything.

Lack of environmental hazards such as no zombies or aggressive animals , leave you sitting around with nothing to do once geared , except go hunting for random players to shoot , Which without self defense motivation , grew dull long ago.

Currently I entertain myself on public servers by utilizing the none lethal hostage taking features and taking captives into the woods for a little Deliverance re enactment.  Leaving them alive , but too ashamed to speak of the experience. Its the last resort in an attempt to utilizes as many new features as possible while providing myself with enough challenge to keep pvp interesting .

Simply expressing just how badly we want these features added in . As fun as 0.58 has been to learn... things progress to quickly and we have ran out of things to do . Game is growing dull. 

Once learned 

Food acquisition is a simple side task to be preformed on a as needed bases . No point in storing or stocking up food supplies . 

Wild life behavior seems purely random.Which makes you unable to actually go hunting. Just dependent on pure chance to cross paths with a deer or something. 

Cooking is rather high on the risk/reward balance, As food status doesn't show properly , causing unknown chance for sickness, And any desync on server can result in death by burning minutes after you have finished cooking and walked away from fire.Causing many players to avoid the task entirely . 

Lack of security on camps results in massive progress loss if random troll stumbles into your hidden camp site and decides to steal everything.

Lack of environmental hazards such as no zombies or aggressive animals , leave you sitting around with nothing to do once geared , except go hunting for random players to shoot , Which without self defense motivation , grew dull long ago.

Currently I entertain myself on public servers by utilizing the none lethal hostage taking features and taking captives into the woods for a little Deliverance re enactment.  Leaving them alive , but too ashamed to speak of the experience. Its the last resort in an attempt to utilizes as many new features as possible while providing myself with enough challenge to keep pvp interesting .

Yes, but all you described pretty much is a result of the game being in alpha development.

When we now start to add features just because the game is not finished it will never be finished.

All problems described with the current game is not about the lack of features but how they are implemented or because they are simply not finished.

Thats also the reason why Dean Hall stopped the development of the Animal companions, it was a feature that was not ready to be even touched because of the generall state of the game.

I think many could agree they would rather see dogs being developed before dance animations... 

Personally I think some rush order needs to be put on sunglasses. So they properly tent the glare. This actually causes physical eye pain at certain times of the weather cycle . 

How much extra you willing to pay?

I bought two copies so I'm pretty sure I get two votes in anything regarding casuals vs. hardcores lol.

https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/229400-additional-sub-forums/#entry2311529

Search Results
Your search for the term horses returned 93 results

https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/185351-rats/?hl=rats

https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/163881-wolves-bears-and-wild-boars/?hl=boars

We've even got one for vultures circling over dead bodies, it is very hard to come up with new suggestions.

Use the Search Function and save money.

Q: Can we expect smaller Animals in the Future? (Snakes, Mice)

A
: It would be nice, and something I'd like to do for sure - but I don't want to over promise here. So lets say - it'd be cool, but if we did it it would be after 1.0.