Sign in to follow this  
Kirby12352

Gagging bound players

I did a search and didn't see any threads about this, but if I missed one then I apologize.

My suggestion is being able to gag bound players with rags or duct tape, so that they are unable to talk with either voice or text chat. The main purpose would be for roleplay scenarios or to prevent hostages from communicating with teammates. The gag would be put on people the same way as handcuffs.

Nothing super game changing, but it would add a neat aspect to holding people hostage.

Edited by Kirby12352
  • Like 3

Annnndddddd .... people will still communicate with teammates, through TS, which is how 99.99999% of the playerbase communicates.

True, which is why I said it's mainly for roleplay, or for the odd people who aren't using TS. It's basically an offshoot of using a burlap sack for blinding people, which is mainly used on roleplay servers, and is something I don't see used too often on non-roleplay servers.

Edited by Kirby12352

True, which is why I said it's mainly for roleplay, or for the odd people who aren't using TS. It's basically an offshoot of using a burlap sack for blinding people, which is mainly used on roleplay servers, and is something I don't see used too often on non-roleplay servers.

But burlap sacks actually make a difference since you cant use software like teamspeak to see again :D

Maybe the suggested gag feature would make more sense when there would be a global chat which then cant be used.

However i really like the idea since i already met people ingame screaming where i wished for such a feature XD

But burlap sacks actually make a difference since you cant use software like teamspeak to see again :D

Maybe the suggested gag feature would make more sense when there would be a global chat which then cant be used.

However i really like the idea since i already met people ingame screaming where i wished for such a feature XD

Yeah that's true, but I'm just saying that it doesn't make a world of difference whether the person can see or not. It wouldn't if the person were gagged either aside from the occasions when they were screaming like in your case, but the burlap sack is a cool feature, and gags would be too, even if a lot of people use TS. Besides, there are quite a number of annoying people who just hurl swear words at their captors, which can get irritating. I personally have had a few instances in game where I wished I could gag someone, which is what inspired me to make the thread in the first place.

Edited by Kirby12352
  • Like 1

Annnndddddd .... people will still communicate with teammates, through TS, which is how 99.99999% of the playerbase communicates.

But so what really... its still a good idea to gag players.. what if its a 12 year old screaming through the in game mic about how he's being kid napped by you :D

Options to gag.

1) Rags

2) duct tape 

3) gasoline soaked rag (has potential to make player sick) 

Can we pretty pleeeeeeaseeeee be able to also surgically remove their tongues with my lovely little combat knife to make the gagging permanent?

Edited by Handgun_Hero