Sign in to follow this  
Rauchsauger

more loot / weapons on private hives

Some people want the game to be hard. Like the guy who created Namalsk maybe?

Sure there will be more mods for nonstop pvp than mods that make the game harder.

There is a fine line between hard and ...dull.

There will be some difficulty with a stronger iteration of infected in place and increased sparsitiy of canned foods. Which wont bother me or most people unless you wont be able to outrun infected anymore or they remove apple trees.

Which will invevitably be the meta (running + apples) unless big changes are done.

Btw is there any chance to find tents/barrels in popular private servers, with persistance on? I know places where to look and I've been going around looking for stuff to store items, but no luck so far. Only couple protective cases I've found.

I want to see what I would expect the firearm population to be in an eastern european state where people don't have a nanny state holding their hand closed telling them what they may not do on their property, where hunting is a culturally ingrained past time and even mode of survival / existance for some, also ignoring that there was a NATO force stationed in the area within a short period of the outbreak. (Yes, irony: communism.  but still guns!).

That said, gameplay takes precidence.  I don't want to see everyone running around with M249's laced with HE rounds and bandoliers strung across each shoulder while they straddle a bazooka on their back, machete grasped firmly between clenched teeth and a hand grenade on every other square inch of clothing.

So yeah, you gotta have the weapons there, it's half the point of the game: to kill or be killed.  The other half of the game is about survival and scarcity.  But i'm the kind of masochist that plays games that smack you in the face time and time again until you get it right.  You should be rewarded for effort, with a pinch of luck of the irish thrown in to keep things interesting.

But if this boils down into some kind of flower pushing, stick waving, stone throwing 12th century war re-enactment i will personally see to it that a scud fires on the hour, every hour until every last dust scuttling maggot has been burned off the face of the earth.  Then the real men (and women) can shell eachother until there is nothing left.

:)

edit: back in the mod there were other mods that allowed for barracks placement etc.  Common servers i played on still had NW/NE-AF, Stary, Balota, Kamenka etc, but also had placed barracks at Elektro/Cherno.  Now most people went to cherno/elektro anyway, but it meant that these areas got wiped clean and camped hard just the same.  Of course in the mod, if you left for what? 15minutes, loot would respawn if noone was near so farming was quite different, but i think that if you've got something high-value, then once people figure it out they'll gravitate towards it, because they know others will be there, with their loot, and the good loot that spawns there, etc etc etc.

It's like a moth to the flame.

Edited by q.S Sachiel