Sign in to follow this  
General Moon

More Ideas For Items To Be Added [WIP]

Ok, so here we go again. You might have seen my earlier post: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/220641-some-ideas-i-came-up-with/

Now here is some more ideas.

School Supplies:

Now the schools in Standalone that was added just a while back are filled with pants, just pants. Now that makes 0% sense so some changes are needed.

Notebook: Empty notebook that can replaces the ability to rip out pages from books and writing on them.

Textbook: Different textbooks, most of them are in Russian, but the English Textbooks are in English.

Pencil and Rubber: It made no sense to me that there was pens in the game, but not pencils. It's a nice addition imho. And ofc. a rubber to remove mistakes(pun intended)

Schoolbags: Bags for school, i guess, different supplies can be found inside them, examples: lunch, books, pencilcases and such.

Chalk: Can be found around the blackboard, can be used to write on the roads.

Transportation:

Now transportation is the current devs' focus, and so i'm taking advantage of that.

Skateboard: Can be used for faster transportation.

Bicycle: rideable bikes which can be found in towns.

Now this is how far i got, feel free to suggest other stuff in the comments.

Edited by General Moon
  • Like 3

School supplies? At least give us examples of what they could used for In a survival setting. If your gonna ask for this crap they might as well put in a bridal shop full of wedding dresses or a pet store for more useless items. At least it would be funny as hell to see a guy with a wedding dress on running around with an AK and gorka helmet

Edited by Bigbadchuck

^ Now, now, literally everything can have a "survival use", if you put your mind to it.

-Notebook: free kindling, first of all. Or, a journal about edible plants (write down what they look like), or just something to write in to keep yourself sane

-Textbook: free kindling

-Pencil and eraser: meh

-schoolbags: technically, they are already in-game, both in the form of "Taloon backpacks", and the "childrens backpack"

-chalk: also meh, but I can see the use of writing things on the road or a building

-skateboard: yeah, sure, then you fall off and break your wrist/ankle. Enjoy dying of an infection!

-Bicycle: YESSSSSSS. Bicycles are literally the most energy-efficient vehicle ever invented. For the same energy required for walking, you can ride a bike at 30 mph.

Textbooks sound like a good idea, might be able to tie it into the soft skills thing they're thinking about.  They could add 'uselss' textbooks (math, economics, histroy) as well for filler/fuel.  Even if they were in russian/crylic they would still be useful with the images in the textbook.  So you might be able to learn how to purify water from a science textbook, or get crafting recipies from them (home made smoke bombs for example) just from the illustrations, but those who can read the texts will have a fimer understanding of what to do.

I don't know about using skateboards as human transport, considering how rural the area is and they're not exactly off road friendly.  Now if you could say take a skateboard and use it to transport heavier objects (skateboard+ rope + barrel), or even as a weapon.

I believe chalk also has some non-drawing/writing uses as well.  So it could be used for some crafting as well

School Loot?

Knives, handguns, drugs.....need a basketball as well so we can have some action in the gym