Sign in to follow this  
Nebulae3

Maps

Can we mark the maps now to show distance, or do we need to wait until gps are implemented?  :)

Maps are set to scale depending on scroll / zoom, the grid scale changes from 1km to 100metres as you zoom in/out.

At least that is how it should work, needs to be verified, try using a range finder to test.

• Like 1

yay, I just noticed - it scales indeed when u zoom with your mouse wheel.  :thumbsup:

^_^

Edited by Ori42

I actually can not get the maps to show anymore, whenever I add it to my hotbar then select it, it flashes the screen then closes before I can see it. Not sure if that is just a -newui bug? 

Can we mark the maps now to show distance, or do we need to wait until gps are implemented?  :)

Is that going to be a feature? You could do that in Arma (without GPS), it was quite helpful, but I don't think it would fly with Dayz SA. It would add some value to using maps though. I think I never even picked one up. 

• Like 1

Is that going to be a feature? You could do that in Arma (without GPS), it was quite helpful, but I don't think it would fly with Dayz SA. It would add some value to using maps though. I think I never even picked one up. 

for sure - I hope they consider gps too in the future! ) 

Also learned recently that when I marked my stash location on my in-game map, my buddy could see the marks when he borrowed it. Would be cool to leave a treasure map for somebody. Or kill some dumb sap like me and find his stash after you kill him. Sadly, most players don't even bother with the in game map.

What other features could be added to the in-game map to incentivize more players to use it?

Sorry for double post

Edited by Dagwood