Sign in to follow this  
Lovisa

No zombies?

Are zombies turned of a the moment or what? I haven't met one for days, have I missed something?

• Like 2

Are zombies turned of a the moment or what? I haven't met one for days, have I missed something?

Hun, as far as I know the zombies are not in the game at the moment. I think there are some VERY rarely populated in the far northern area but atm they are not in. They wont be in until .59 patch at the most. Hopefully with those updated graphics and glitch fixes. Trust me when I say I want them back in and in greater numbers as much as you do.

So ether play some of the Arma 3 mods which are just as good at the moment, Arma 2 Dayz mods are also fun, or play any of the other zombie related games that could hold you over. Dying Light, 7 Days to Die, The Forest (Not zombies but still fun as hell), Project Zomboid, Zombi, etc.

Edited by Deathlove
  • Like 1

Ahem,

YES, THERE ARE A 1000 POSTS TO THIS EFFECT! 

Thanks

• Like 2

read status reports.

Hun, as far as I know the zombies are not in the game at the moment. I think there are some VERY rarely populated in the far northern area but atm they are not in. They wont be in until .59 patch at the most. Hopefully with those updated graphics and glitch fixes. Trust me when I say I want them back in and in greater numbers as much as you do.

So ether play some of the Arma 3 mods which are just as good at the moment, Arma 2 Dayz mods are also fun, or play any of the other zombie related games that could hold you over. Dying Light, 7 Days to Die, The Forest (Not zombies but still fun as hell), Project Zomboid, Zombi, etc.

Not even .59, devs at twitter said it a while ago. infected numbers wont increase in .59 for sure. 

Edited by VahidkinG

read status reports.

Not even .59, devs at twitter said it a while ago. infected numbers wont increase in .59 for sure. 

Oh, it got pushed up even farther? lol

• Like 1

Yepe, looks like this engine merges are so heavy that they can't concentrate on infected for now or the infected take so much time to fix. 

• Like 1

Not exactly.

The quote I heard was .59 or .60 for the return of zombies en masse so nothing has changed from that statement.

What surprises me is the amount of people who are willing to buy into this Alpha project but never actually read about the current state of the game.

This is a fucking busted, broken, cobbled together, horrific cluster fuck of an Alpha.

Assume everything is COMPLETELY BROKEN until 1.0 and you will begin to understand what you are involved in.

If missing features and major game breaking bugs will make you not enjoy DayZ you should not be involved with the public testing process.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 1

What surprises me is the amount of people who are willing to buy into this Alpha project but never actually read about the current state of the game.

Well I play the game and I do read about the updates its just solid pvp I have no interest in but I pretty much test like everyone else. Its just everyone needs a break ever so often and that would be the case with some ppl at the moment. Also you cant expect everyone to remember to check the boards 24/7. Not the case with some things but I was pretty much in the same boat with you on rerelease of zombie info almost.

If missing features and major game breaking bugs will make you not enjoy DayZ you should not be involved with the public testing process.

Your going to have to crusade that approach pretty hard to the mass amount of ppl that bought it though. Not everyone will be understanding no matter how clear you make it to them.

Well I play the game and I do read about the updates its just solid pvp I have no interest in but I pretty much test like everyone else. Its just everyone needs a break ever so often and that would be the case with some ppl at the moment. Also you cant expect everyone to remember to check the boards 24/7. Not the case with some things but I was pretty much in the same boat with you on rerelease of zombie info almost.

-snip-

My point was more about new people who don't understand the process.

In this case it's not about "remembering to check the boards" at all.

That's why B@ker posted what he did initially... any bit of official news RE: the current state of DayZ would tell you that zombies are out for awhile now and awhile to come.

RE: breaks from DayZ, I'm good at mitigating DayZ burnout in general. If we had decent zombies from day 1 I would likely have 2,000-4,000 hours in game by now. Instead I have just shy of 800 hours in the SA.

• Like 1