Sign in to follow this  
ResidentWeevil

other improvised weapons

Share your ideas!

Shard of glass + rag or bandage or duct tape and you have a quickly made though short lived tool or weapon.

• Like 1

What..... what will the above do, exactly?

You can punch wolves with them.

YyYi2Eh.jpg

• Like 1

What..... what will the above do, exactly?

Sharp Glass+ Skin= Ouchie.

And then it shatters, and drives sharper-than-a-razor shards of glass into your nice, tender fingerjoints and tendons. Enjoy crippling your hands!

With any weapon, the second-most important part of using it is making sure you can't get hurt by it. Such a "weapon" above will cut someone up, yes, but you are also likely to get hurt just as badly.

Replace the razor blades with shards of glass, and it will be just as effective.

Replace the microblades of flint with shards of glass, and it will be just as effective, and much easier than carving a head from bone

Edited by Whyherro123

And then it shatters, and drives sharper-than-a-razor shards of glass into your nice, tender fingerjoints and tendons. Enjoy crippling your hands!

With any weapon, the second-most important part of using it is making sure you can't get hurt by it. Such a "weapon" above will cut someone up, yes, but you are also likely to get hurt just as badly.

Replace the razor blades with shards of glass, and it will be just as effective.

Replace the microblades of flint with shards of glass, and it will be just as effective, and much easier than carving a head from bone

Hi gloves, how do you do?

Wow, I just fixed the cutting your own skin. And before you say something, its leather (at least im assuming) which is a LITTLE harder for glass to cut through.

Where do we draw the line with what can be improvised though?

There's now a fridge in game, door switch from fridge, 9v battery, metal pipe, fine grain gunpowder from 22 shells, wire, matches, and any object someone might want to pick up off the ground = one way ticket back to the coast?

They're never going to be able to implement everything a human being could come up with for a weapon given some crap to duct tape together. 

Hi gloves, how do you do?

Wow, I just fixed the cutting your own skin. And before you say something, its leather (at least im assuming) which is a LITTLE harder for glass to cut through.

Do me a favor:

take a sharp shard of glass, and press it, point first, in between the fingers of a leather glove.

Chances are, if the glass is even halfway sharp, it will punch straight through the leather, and into your hand. Much less when you actually apply force aka punching someone with a shard of glass in between your knuckles.

Glass (and obsidian, which is just natural glass) have the sharpest edges found in nature; a couple of molecules thick. Mesoamerican Macuahutils, which is what the weapon I linked to is, were lined with sharpened microblades of obsidian. They were used to decapitate horses, by using what is called a "draw cut", where you press the edge of a blade against the target and draw it laterally against it. Which is what you will effectively be doing, holding shards of glass between your fingers and raking with them. Yes, you will slash open the enemy, but chances are the shards will "rotate" due to the force and cut you a good one.

https://youtu.be/LBa1G12KyTM?t=211

Hell, you can mess your hands up by punching with keys held between your fingers (breaking the fingers, slashing open the hands, etc), much less razor-sharp glass shards.

http://martialarts.stackexchange.com/questions/3082/to-punch-with-keys-or-without

Edited by Whyherro123

Do me a favor:

take a sharp shard of glass, and press it, point first, in between the fingers of a leather glove.

Chances are, if the glass is even halfway sharp, it will punch straight through the leather, and into your hand. Much less when you actually apply force aka punching someone with a shard of glass in between your knuckles.

Glass (and obsidian, which is just natural glass) have the sharpest edges found in nature; a couple of molecules thick. Mesoamerican Macuahutils, which is what the weapon I linked to is, were lined with sharpened microblades of obsidian. They were used to decapitate horses, by using what is called a "draw cut", where you press the edge of a blade against the target and draw it laterally against it. Which is what you will effectively be doing, holding shards of glass between your fingers and raking with them. Yes, you will slash open the enemy, but chances are the shards will "rotate" due to the force and cut you a good one.

https://youtu.be/LBa1G12KyTM?t=211

Hell, you can mess your hands up by punching with keys held between your fingers (breaking the fingers, slashing open the hands, etc), much less razor-sharp glass shards.

http://martialarts.stackexchange.com/questions/3082/to-punch-with-keys-or-without

I HAVE cut my hands with glass before, and, yah, it hurts like a bitch. And I know what can happen to your hands if you punch someone wrong, I took martial arts for over 8 years, and I know what can happen.I didnt keep my hands closed one class, and had to hold sponges in my hand till the class ended, if I opened my hands, 1000 pushups. It hurts, I get that. There are measures you can take to prevent this. EG Taking steps to do so. When you are using the "improvised" knife, your momentum will be going forward. If you are cutting skin, the mommentum will be going into the body. YOUR body will receive some of the shock, however, if the blade breaks, the kinetic energy will still be (mostly) going towards your intended target. The blade shouldnt directly harm your body, especially if you have protection on your person. I dont know what the gloves are like the the game, thats for sure a dev question, but, if you have a covering thick enough to not impair your ability with the improvised blade around the grip, you shouldnt be totally "fucked".

Maybe something not as basic as what the OP says, but, it should be easy to make a improvised knife. Hell, take a wooden handle and some wire, wrap the glass around the wood, and make it secure. Improvised glass knife.

You've posted quite a few things about survival, and you seem like you know alot. HOWEVER, your posts about survival have always been about what you know, and not what other people have posted. And some people have quite some logical posts, yet you seem to shoot down quite a few. Other people know stuff too, and you've shot down EVERY single idea that ive seemed to comment on.

On a non argumentative note... I've noticed that there are a lot of bricks around the Chernarus+ map. I've always wanted to be able to pick them up and throw them, not just to drop it but as a projectile weapon.

Is it too much to ask that one day they add breakable windows that I might be able to throw a brick through?