Sign in to follow this  
Schlake

Spray painting the Winchester

So the winchester has been out for quite some time now and still does not have the option to be painted. Are there any plans to do so or are we waiting for the new spray paint tech to be finished?

The AUG's been out quite a bit longer, and you still can't paint it. In the scheme of things, this is not high on my personal priority list...

The AUG's been out quite a bit longer, and you still can't paint it. In the scheme of things, this is not high on my personal priority list...

Perhaps, but I dont see why not when most other guns can. We havent heard anything about the devs new spraypainting tech since February. Edited by Schlake

I hope spraying your gun comes with reliability issues. Can't imagine hastily spraying your gun out in the field would do any good to the guns moving parts.

I hope spraying your gun comes with reliability issues. Can't imagine hastily spraying your gun out in the field would do any good to the guns moving parts.

Unless you went out of your way to over saturate the spray paint on the weapon's mechanics themselves, I doubt it. With certain guns like the M4A1, maybe, but for something as simple as a bolt-action rifle, especially a reliable one like the Winchester, I doubt you're going to have any major problems.

It wouldn't be good long term to do an unprofessional job, but considering that DayZ is a game (i.e. your guns aren't with you forever) and character lifespan is fairly short, you wouldn't notice any major problems directly stemming from the paint work itself for months or years (or with guns like the AKM and such, probably never.) Maybe they could have spraypainted guns degrade slightly faster, but honestly it seems unnecessary to me.

As for the OP, I think it's pretty clear that we can't do it yet because the new modular color implementation system that will allow them to replace having to create separate textures for every painted model is still being worked on. When it's done it'll presumably be usable on most weapons and your color palette will be far more than just green or black.

If camouflage is really a concern the ghillie gun wrap works wonders for now - sure, the wood you can still see on the rifle might be slightly more visible, but honestly if someone is going to notice that much then they've probably seen you first.

Edited by Chaingunfighter
  • Like 1

So the winchester has been out for quite some time now and still does not have the option to be painted. Are there any plans to do so or are we waiting for the new spray paint tech to be finished?

I hope they add more spray paint colours. I'd like a florescent pink winchester.