Sign in to follow this  
Syphonz

Handguards 0.58

Is it just me, or can you not remove handguards for any weapons in 0.58? Is it a glitch, can anyone confirm this?

EDIT: I still cant take off a handguard, but once I spraypainted a handguard, it took it off for me. I placed it back on, and couldnt take it off again.

I think they are broken, although there is a trick to get them working I believe.

You will have to Search for the solution unless someone can help you out.

• Like 1

If I were you I'd just use that "spraypaint method" to take off handguards for now.

I hope you, your gun, and your handguards stay safe in their time of need/ 

If above method doesn't work, (usually does) - try dragging the hand-guard from the gun to your bag (it wont work, nothing will happen initially) then immediately logging off and back on. In my experience 100% of the time when you log back in, the hand-guard is where you asked it to go before you logged. Works with the "swap hand-guard" action as well.

Note, now it wont let me put the handguard back ON.

*rages*

EDIT: Anyone have a solution for this?

Edited by Syphonz

What type of gun is it? Once I'd figured out how to get the guard off an AK, had no problems getting the one I wanted on.

M4s are a bit different and have had handguard issues in previous patches. That said, again they seem to go on ok. Bear in mind you have two options (even when there isn't a handguard on at all) - 'swap' and 'replace'. Always select 'replace'.

Well, I tried logging off then back on, and it seems to have gone on the gun. (Yes its a m4.)

However, the handguard seems to be on my gun and in my backpack. Whatever, im happy, so long as its actually ON the gun :P

Yeah, there is a little bit of an exploit going on with that I think. When I had the same prob about a week ago, I tried about eight times to swap them, relogged and had, um, eight handguards in my inventory.

Will report!