Sign in to follow this  
claws4life

so how good is the UMP 45 in 0.58 stable?

So did they buff the ump 45 in 0.58 or is it the same as the ex-experimental ump? 4-5 shots to kill someone and degrading to ruined after 100 bullets?

So did they buff the ump 45 in 0.58 or is it the same as the ex-experimental ump? 4-5 shots to kill someone and degrading to ruined after 100 bullets?

UMP45 Is OP as fuck I would take it over anything now.

Same from my experience. Not worth ditching an MP5 over it.

MP5K is so overrated I won a gunfight close range with a CR-75 against one and he had a 30 round mag.

Wobo seemed to rate it very highly, based on his experience with it in exp. One shot chest kill. Have heard similar good things from those who've been PvPing with it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ptRkm167i0

Yes true I have killed about 4 people with about 1-2 shots in full military gear perfect backup for anyone.

UMP45 Is OP as fuck I would take it over anything now.

MP5K is so overrated I won a gunfight close range with a CR-75 against one and he had a 30 round mag.

Yes true I have killed about 4 people with about 1-2 shots in full military gear perfect backup for anyone.

I'm gonna go with the extremely unlikely explanation and suggest that whoever you killed with the MP5, was bad. I know, it's unlikely.

I'm gonna go with the extremely unlikely explanation and suggest that whoever you killed with the MP5, was bad. I know, it's unlikely.

MP5 has a higher ROF but the UMP45 is instakill pretty much every time - it's far better if you have ammo for it.

MP5 has a higher ROF but the UMP45 is instakill pretty much every time - it's far better if you have ammo for it.

And I could name countless situations where I was getting shot at, at it definetly wasnt instakill. Its a good weapon, I just prefer the MP5 myself, for the same reason I prefer the AK74 over the AKM, as many other people. The firerate. 

Ammo is also a whole lot more common, and it doesnt break down after 3 mags. Thats why you see ruined UMP's everywhere at military areas.

Edited by anderswhk

And I could name countless situations where I was getting shot at, at it definetly wasnt instakill. Its a good weapon, I just prefer the MP5 myself, for the same reason I prefer the AK74 over the AKM, as many other people. The firerate. 

Ammo is also a whole lot more common, and it doesnt break down after 3 mags. Thats why you see ruined UMP's everywhere at military areas.

we'll everyone has there own opinion myself I use to love the MP5 now I don't its just let me down too many times. 

For everyone whos wondering I just tested my ump 45, I shot 100 rounds (4 magazines) after each other and the weapon stayed pristine without degrading a single level. I couldn't test the damage after the stable update since I had no test dummy but I'm pretty sure if the huge degrading is fixed then the damage must have also been fixed.

Edited by Claws4life

The UMP is OP.  Hands down I'd call it the best gun currently (haven't tried an SVD, maybe that takes the cake).  It reminds me of a gun from the mod, in that it has extremely low recoil and hits exactly where you're aiming it, unlike a lot of the other weapons in the SA.  I think they haven't configured it honestly.

In my experience it's killed in 1-4 (usually 1-2) hits on everyone I've encountered.  Go find one and try it out, it just feels different than every other weapon.  It's pretty ridiculous.

I'm surprised people like the mp5, the recoil on it is atrocious.  I guess if you're just running up and spraying people point blank it might be alright, but I've found it to be pretty awful personally.

Edited by Bororm

The UMP is OP.  Hands down I'd call it the best gun currently (haven't tried an SVD, maybe that takes the cake).  It reminds me of a gun from the mod, in that it has extremely low recoil and hits exactly where you're aiming it, unlike a lot of the other weapons in the SA.  I think they haven't configured it honestly.

In my experience it's killed in 1-4 (usually 1-2) hits on everyone I've encountered.  Go find one and try it out, it just feels different than every other weapon.  It's pretty ridiculous.

I'm surprised people like the mp5, the recoil on it is atrocious.  I guess if you're just running up and spraying people point blank it might be alright, but I've found it to be pretty awful personally.

I don't know I had one about a week ago. Got into a little tussle around the Miskino Tents, From 50 meters (if that) I had to put almost 15 rounds in to a guy to drop him. Shot accuracy was dead on, had a m68 and was zoomed right in. Checked his body after, no plate carrier and no reason it should have taken that many shots to kill him. I've had no problem with the .45 in this game until now. Could have been a bug but I'm a little hesitant about using it again

AKM and AK74 have the same firerate, So im Rather confused.

AKM and AK74 have the same firerate, So im Rather confused.

They don't. At least not in the game, and it's pretty noticeable.

The UMP is a monster. I racked up 7 kills in one life with it, all on people armed with guns. It has very low and controllable recoil with a high damage rate that kills in 2-3 hits. It shines at medium range especially when you have the Aimpoint on.

That being said, the MP5 with compensator and buttstock is better at short range, due to sheer fire rate. But beyond point blank range the UMP takes over.

Also ignore the degradation lies. I put 150 rounds through one and it was still pristine.

I remember looting Zelenogorsk (city) Military base for several minutes, then entering the prison building and getting shot at by a guy camping the door with an MP5. It was a "Pulp Fiction" Moment. He wasted over 20 bullets, while I took him down with 3-4 shots from the CR75 without taking any damage. It was hilarious. If I carry 9mm, I use the CR75, which is imho far easier and better to handle than an MP5 and does the same damage. The UMP should do more damage from the getgo, because it is 0.45 cal. The mags are slightly smaller, but it's easy to carry a spare. My configuration would be CR75 for Close Combat/indoors, UMP for close to mid range and a SVD for the distance. 

Did anyone try out if the firemodes on the UMP work? I keep forgetting to try it out and never have an UMP when I remember. It was the "z" button to change modes, right? As far as I remember it works on the MP5 and the Blaze, but does it work on the UMP?

Edited by S3V3N