DickCheney

.58 Player DeSync

Now its not too bad at all on low pop to medium pop servers but on full 50 person servers it is unbelievably bad for me, even though it says I am getting 30-60 ping. People are skidding all around the place, warping out of buildings, I've gotten in fist fights with people and knocked them out when they were just standing in one place only to have their unconscious body go sliding 50 feet away, hell I got killed by an axe guy today when on my screen I was chasing him and he was a good 15 ahead of me.

This patch probably should not have left exp, it really needed a few more weeks work with a competent dev team or a few months with Bohemia.

• Like 1

This patch probably should not have left exp, it really needed a few more weeks work with a competent dev team or a few months with Bohemia.

I wouldn't say this. I would just say find different servers to play on or get a different connection.

The problem you're referring to has nothing to do with ping, but instead Desync.

bad connection = high Desync - bad lag

good connection = low Desync - little to no lag

• Like 1

I haven't experienced any of these issues, and I haven't seen any other complaints, so it's possible the issue is isolated to you, and perhaps a small minority (who for whatever reason aren't reporting it?)

Nice job, tossing in the snide little dig at the developers though, I'm sure that will sway them to your aid.

Also- bug reporting section.  

• Like 1

I wouldn't say this. I would just say find different servers to play on or get a different connection.

The problem you're referring to has nothing to do with ping, but instead Desync.

bad connection = high Desync - bad lag

good connection = low Desync - little to no lag

Yup. Your connection to the server may be just dandy, but if the server is unable to complete its calculations in time no amount of bandwidth can save you. Its not that you aren't getting the data to your computer fast enough, it is that the server hasn't even sent it yet... its still struggling to complete actions 30 seconds ago.

The reason is very easy. If players set up big camps (more than 2 barrels / 2 tents aso.) with many loot in it, or places with loot bugs (they exist allready) the delay rising up extrem.

That going way up to a point where you can do nothing in this areas!