WildGunsTomcat

Melee Weapon Petition

Rocket,

When I run out of bullets, I start to cry.

"Why?", you ask. I'll tell you why:

Because I'm being chased by 5 zombies....and I have no way to kill them.

So I run across Chernarus like it's a goddamn track meet while the benny hill theme plays softly in the background....5 zombies in tow.

I need a machete to hack the fuckers up.

Thanks Rocket. I knew you'd understand.

No!

What would be the point in rationing ammo and sneaking around if you could bludgeon your way through the zombie hordes?

You don't want to melee due to risk of getting infected. :idea:

You don't want to melee due to risk of getting infected. :idea:

This isn't the real apocalypse dude.

Tis merely a video game.

Relax...put the phone down. The CDC doesn't need to be warned.

There should be serious repercussions to melee if it ever gets added, such as weapon durability and some kind of infection system where if you get too much blood on you you need meds or an injection or something along those lines.

I'm fine with melee, the risk of getting hit with the delay and lag makes not using melee the "safer" choice.

The PROBLEM though, as far as im aware, Arma2 has nothing regarding melee. No weapons, no animation, no nothing. It would be a pain in the ass to put all of that stuff in, and then get it to work, and not look stupid

I was thinking the same thing Goldenkrow. I searched a bit and it seems that it may have been designed for but never implemented?

Well, I found this. Just about as much as I can find on any sort of Arma melee..

Hahaha. Think I would rather be able to dance like that...

again ... arma doesnt support melee ... and also .. we dont want a hack and slash zombie game ... no offense but pls try figuring the game and engine out before just jumping in with suggestions

I've never seen melee weapons in Arma, so I'm not sure if this can be done... However it would be kinda fun... Especially with a Bayonet Enfield

It looks like it might be "supported", we've just never seen it in the ArmA 2 game; or in a mod.

I don't necessarily want or need melee in the mod. However, I think the suggestion by hexik makes sense. It definately doesn't make sense to be able to run around with a lead-pipe or katana and be the "aggro/tank" for a squad without consequence. Or just mowing them down alone without consequence.

again ... arma doesnt support melee ... and also .. we dont want a hack and slash zombie game ... no offense but pls try figuring the game and engine out before just jumping in with suggestions

Dude.

I have played since OFP. I know how the game and engine works.

I also know that Rocket is a BIS developer.

If anyone can put it into this game, it's Rocket.

So please don't embarass yourself further by being a jerk.

ARMA 2 doesn't have melee weapons lol even on original.

Regardless of that,its still possible to add melee weapons but u need to make animation which arma 2 engine is pain of the ass

Dude.

I have played since OFP. I know how the game and engine works.

I also know that Rocket is a BIS developer.

If anyone can put it into this game' date=' it's Rocket.

So please don't embarass yourself further by being a jerk.

[/quote']

Then you should know that this would be like having flying soldiers ... not trying to be jerk .. just a realist

Hah! It's so funny to me that people think if some knife or a goddamn stick will be added then the game will be hack and slash. What about durability guys? Don't you think about that? And when you knife is broken, well, fist fight with smallest amount of damage. I think that would be very reasonable.

I think you fail to realize a melee weapon would probably kill 1 zombie before you're knocked to the ground, I'd rather run and find ammo or a weapon in a house than risk dieing just because I was lazy.

Melee definitely possible, zombies use melee. Its not in Arma for for 2 reasons: BI do not likes it, animations would suck because Arma 2 animation system is good only for playing animation after another animation, head (turning) and hands (weapon holding, reloading) are exceptions.

Btw. there were lightsabers in Operation Flashpoint but you couldn't move while attacking (you had to wait for animation to finish to move) and it was crappy, just fun stuff.

I would like some weak melee attack, just for fun, its a bit unrealistic now.

Zombies dont really melee ... when you are close enough to a zombie at activates a script that takes your blood and performs an animation ... thats how you get hit through walls and hit when behind a zombie

It's possible, but I seriously wouldn't want this in the game. If it was in the game it'd probably be over powered and be a one hit kill, like in Left 4 Dead. I'd only want it if it was 2-3 hits to kill one zombie, which by that time they'd probably have already eaten you.

Just spitballing here. Correct me if i'm wrong. Couldn't we make a weapon that has a range of about 2 feet,a really large spread, and infinite ammo? it would have no sound and fire invisible projectiles or something. If thats the case we would just need an animation.