Sign in to follow this  
Nerusix

Quick question about 0.58

hey!

Are all character getting deleted when this update is out? And what about the experimental character?

chears

Experimental characters get reset almost everytime an update happens to experimental. Stable gets wiped with every major update like this one.

Edited by Jacobahalls
  • Like 1

Yes I heard Devs say their would be a wipe. They said it was because my characters was too awesome and they needed to even the playing field. I also heard Hicks ran out of inventory space for duct tape. He can't give any of it up so they only way he can keep collecting it is to wipe the database.

• Like 1

such time, so many wait. long patience... 

seriously... 

oh the hands are broken, we gotta fix them. 3 weeks later... 

such time, so many wait. long patience... 

seriously... 

oh the hands are broken, we gotta fix them. 3 weeks later... 

That's Alpha for you.

Have you played Exp? If so you will realise that there are huge improvements over the current stable build but having your gun randomly go away when people are close is a killer bug because a) it tells you when someone is nearby and b ) it will likely end up getting someone killed which means even more negative comments about  the game spreading across the interweb.

It's like the bug on stable where it makes gear stick to your characters hands and then you just lose it with no hope of getting it back. On stable, with one character i lost 3 MP5s, 2 CR pistols and my Winchester with scope which meant that for a while I was around NWAF/Myshinko tents without any weapon. Not exactly great places to be unarmed.

you were probably unarmed when you arrived there.

all im saying is. "promises promises". 

drag this out another year...

games great and all. but they shouldnt be saying such things as "oh we think we have a fix. expect stable update any day now" 3 weeks later. 

you were probably unarmed when you arrived there.

all im saying is. "promises promises".

drag this out another year...

games great and all. but they shouldnt be saying such things as "oh we think we have a fix. expect stable update any day now" 3 weeks later.

I certainly wasn't unarmed prior to leaving sinistok and heading south but either way I digress...

The point in having the patches stay on experimental longer than before is to find and fix bugs that will be detrimental to gameplay. They pushed .55 out quickly and it received massive negative feedback so they spent a long time addressing loot issues before releasing .57 which veered too much in the other direction. With .58 they can't take the risk of it being so poorly received because that would mean 3 consecutive patches spanning several months have each had fundamental flaws limiting player enjoyment. It's simple business sense that as we approach the close of alpha and the start of beta you want the public reaction to the game to be growing in positivity not staying highly negative.

I'm happy to wait as long as is necessary for the next update, heck if they want to scrap .58 and go straight into .59 then I'd still be delighted because I'm loving the experimental branch atm.

Good things come to those who wait and all that jazz

errr. you can't have it both ways.

thats all you fan boys do on these forums. 

scream at people "its ALPHA" or "perhaps you should take a break". or 'did you read the disclaimer when you clicked continue?"  etc.

then turn around and defend releases like .55 saying 'oh they received so much negative feed back.. 

where were you then to scream "ALPHA!' at these same people?

so what im hearing is. 

even if you scream alpha @ someone. your going to use it as "neg feed back"  in future arguments?

That's enough.

There will be character wipes when deemed necessary.

What the Devs should or should not do is also WIP.