Sign in to follow this  
Mingus

Wanted: Tool to kick all players

Is there a tool available that can be used to kick all of the players from a server prior to restart? Ideally it would be able to be triggered via BEC (or a batch triggered from BEC). 

After a lot of research there have only been a few methods that worked in the past. Some people talk of a whitelist BEC toggle (#whitelist on) but that doesn't work. The most promising is rcon_kicker by nanomo. After building the most recent github version it is throwing errors that are beyond my very limited C++ skill. This program seems to be included in pyBEscanner as well, but the same errors are being encountered.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? I would like to be able to kick any players prior to server restart.

Is there a tool available that can be used to kick all of the players from a server prior to restart? Ideally it would be able to be triggered via BEC (or a batch triggered from BEC). 

After a lot of research there have only been a few methods that worked in the past. Some people talk of a whitelist BEC toggle (#whitelist on) but that doesn't work. The most promising is rcon_kicker by nanomo. After building the most recent github version it is throwing errors that are beyond my very limited C++ skill. This program seems to be included in pyBEscanner as well, but the same errors are being encountered.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? I would like to be able to kick any players prior to server restart.

get BEC to execute 

kick (name, ID or Player#)

#kick 3

Allows you to kick a player.

but add entries in you scheduler.xml from 1 to 50

ala

<job id="11">
        <time>08:59:45</time>
        <delay>000000</delay>
        <day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
        <loop>0</loop>
        <cmd>#kick 1</cmd>
        <cmdtype>0</cmdtype>
</job>
<job id="12">
        <delay>000000</delay>
        <day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
        <loop>0</loop>
        <cmd>#kick 2</cmd>
        <cmdtype>0</cmdtype>
</job>
<job id="13">
        <delay>000000</delay>
        <day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
        <loop>0</loop>
        <cmd>#kick 3</cmd>
        <cmdtype>0</cmdtype>
</job>

etc etc etc hope it works never actually tried it lol
Edited by B@ker
  • Like 1

That is an interesting approach! Thank you, it seems like this is very doable. I think I will try to do basically the same thing, but instead of having 50 jobs I'll have one batch file that will run all of the kicks through BattleNET rcon. 

Cheers!

• Like 1

To accomplish this I editted BattleNET in C++ to include some code from rcon_kicker. It works wonderfully.

If anyone would like a copy PM me.

To make sure that each players info is written to the DB prior to killing the server.

To make sure that each players info is written to the DB prior to killing the server.

we just warn them at 15/10/5/1 minutes and 30 seconds before restart. If they don't logoff, it's their problem.