Sign in to follow this  
victusmortuus

Do vehicles have locks like Epoch. In Vanilla?

Just a basic question. I don't mind locks on bases but I'd hope that there are no silly locks on vehicles like there are in Epoch.

Edited by Victus Mortuus

No, that is not a feature on plain DayZ mod.

• Like 1

Just a basic question. I don't mind locks on bases but I'd hope that there are so silly locks on vehicles like there are in Epoch.

No welcome to real life.

I think they should include keys. It only makes sense. If you find a truck, bust your ass getting parts for it and finally get it to work. Why would you NOT take the keys after parking it during an equipment run!?!?!

I think they should include keys. It only makes sense. If you find a truck, bust your ass getting parts for it and finally get it to work. Why would you NOT take the keys after parking it during an equipment run!?!?!

i would argue most things would be hotwired. 

• Like 1

You wouldn't have the keys because some zombie in Cherno still has them in his pocket

i would argue most things would be hotwired.

How many people would know how to hotwire a car without the internet?

How many people would know how to hotwire a car without the internet?

• Like 1

And what are the odds that one of those seven are playing on the same server as you are?

Keys should be in game. Even if you only have 4 vehicles then make 4 different keys so that like weapons and ammo, if you find one vehicle but you have a different key, you have to keep searching.

It would also make having a vehicle much more rare and more prized. Knowing that if you see a vehicle stop and someone gets out to search houses, if you dont have keys for that type of vehicle; youd have to wait for the driver to return and ambush him for them.

• Like 1

And what are the odds that one of those seven are playing on the same server as you are?

Keys should be in game. Even if you only have 4 vehicles then make 4 different keys so that like weapons and ammo, if you find one vehicle but you have a different key, you have to keep searching.

It would also make having a vehicle much more rare and more prized. Knowing that if you see a vehicle stop and someone gets out to search houses, if you dont have keys for that type of vehicle; youd have to wait for the driver to return and ambush him for them.

Piggy-backing off of that, most houses if not all that have occupents that own a vehicle store all the keys in a certain place, and the key found in the house would most likely unlock the car sitting in the driveway, but perhaps not necessarily.

Piggy-backing off of that, most houses if not all that have occupents that own a vehicle store all the keys in a certain place, and the key found in the house would most likely unlock the car sitting in the driveway, but perhaps not necessarily.

unless they are in zombie pockets....

• Like 1

unless they are in zombie pockets....

For sure. That would be a good incentive to drop zombies and loot them in hopes of finding things like keys to vehicles.