Just Caused

Looking for good server

Hi, I am not new to game but I have question. I've been playing DayZ a lot lately but havent found good server to stay on, here are few requests that I am seeking when finding server ( if you know good server like this, tell me ):

- Day/night cycle not affected by server restart

- Server that has weather conditions like fog and rain ( freakin' love rain )

- 3rd person and Public hive

- Player database 20-40 ( Not maximal player count, I mean there are around 20-40 actively playing on server )

If you know server like this, please let me know. I am bored of servers that are day only and without any weather effect.

Edited by JustCaused

You'll sadly never find this server, as it doesn't exist.

1) 24 hour real time is very unpopular and I can't think of any servers that go with real time (the only way for restarts not to effect it). The main issue is that on a server running at real time, if you happen to only be able to play dayz after 7pm due to work etc, then you'll only ever play at night, and most people don't want this.

2) There is no fog or rain in DayZ Standalone at the moment on any server, so you'll have to wait a few patches for this to be re-added.

3) Public hive? So you still want to be able to server hop?

4) The minimum player count is 30, so you wont find a 20 population server.

You'll sadly never find this server, as it doesn't exist.

1) 24 hour real time is very unpopular and I can't think of any servers that go with real time (the only way for restarts not to effect it). The main issue is that on a server running at real time, if you happen to only be able to play dayz after 7pm due to work etc, then you'll only ever play at night, and most people don't want this.

2) There is no fog or rain in DayZ Standalone at the moment on any server, so you'll have to wait a few patches for this to be re-added.

3) Public hive? So you still want to be able to server hop?

4) The minimum player count is 30, so you wont find a 20 population server.

Updated thread. 

I don't want to server hop, I just don't like private servers. :)

Play on experimental servers. They fit the description.

What about stable? I don't feel like playing experimental because stable is on doorway, waiting to be released.

What about stable? I don't feel like playing experimental because stable is on doorway, waiting to be released.

Wait a few days for .58 to get to stable?

- Day/night cycle not affected by server restart - There are servers that switch off from day/night but idk how the system works.

- Server that has weather conditions like fog and rain ( freakin' love rain ) - I love rain too. But fog and rain are currently not implemented. Rain was. And it should be added back with .58

- 3rd person and Public hive - There's soo many of them.

- Player database 20-40 ( Not maximal player count, I mean there are around 20-40 actively playing on server ) - Just change the filter.

I thought by "good server" you meant "good server" as in player interaction wise. I do know of a faily populated server with an active community on private. KoS'ing and such still exist but you'd definitely find some cool people. And there is day/night throughout the day. But it's first person only, soo. You probably wouldn't be interested but incase you are, click here.

Cheers.

• Like 1

- Day/night cycle not affected by server restart - There are servers that switch off from day/night but idk how the system works.

- Server that has weather conditions like fog and rain ( freakin' love rain ) - I love rain too. But fog and rain are currently not implemented. Rain was. And it should be added back with .58

- 3rd person and Public hive - There's soo many of them.

- Player database 20-40 ( Not maximal player count, I mean there are around 20-40 actively playing on server ) - Just change the filter.

I thought by "good server" you meant "good server" as in player interaction wise. I do know of a faily populated server with an active community on private. KoS'ing and such still exist but you'd definitely find some cool people. And there is day/night throughout the day. But it's first person only, soo. You probably wouldn't be interested but incase you are, click here.

Cheers.

Thanks, will check it out. Also, fog was implemented in game actually.

Fog was on the mod, not standalone.

Fog was on the mod, not standalone.

So, basically you are telling me that my graphic card 'somehow' failed to load up textures and from 1000m ( for example ) I got to see up to 600m? That time I was sniping at Balota from Chapvesk, and I am really sure that my view was obstructed by fog and I couldnt see Balota village and hardly could see destroyed barracks. This fog stayed 10 minutes after rain stopped.

So, basically you are telling me that my graphic card 'somehow' failed to load up textures and from 1000m ( for example ) I got to see up to 600m? That time I was sniping at Balota from Chapvesk, and I am really sure that my view was obstructed by fog and I couldnt see Balota village and hardly could see destroyed barracks. This fog stayed 10 minutes after rain stopped.

I've never seen fog in standalone, nor read a single developer reference to it. So yeah, I think you had an issue with your graphics.

I've never seen fog in standalone, nor read a single developer reference to it. So yeah, I think you had an issue with your graphics.

Not sure if sarcasm or really acting dumb. :D

That is your rendering distance/limit. But there is no actual, implemented, textured, animated fog in DayZ Standalone.

• Like 1

Helo

I have my Own server  173.199.83.155:2302 is not a lot people . I want to more people Please welcome everyone on this server . Thank you and see you in the game .

Wopica/Pestynka

• Like 1

Not sure if sarcasm or really acting dumb. :D

Err, I'm thinking the exact same thing about your message here.

Have you changed any settings in your DayZ Profile file? Because of so then that may be your issue.

Have you changed any settings in your DayZ Profile file? Because of so then that may be your issue.

Err, I'm thinking the exact same thing about your message here.

That is your rendering distance/limit. But there is no actual, implemented, textured, animated fog in DayZ Standalone.

Dudes, what the actual fu*k, I was able to see Balota village and then rain started and like few minutes after rain, I could see just up to first destroyed barracks, hardly any farher.

Untitled.png

As you can see, I could hardly see anything after the red line. And no, my settings weren't changed in config file.

Elem, I made this thread to find server, not to discuss about fog. :)

Helo

I have my Own server  173.199.83.155:2302 is not a lot people . I want to more people Please welcome everyone on this server . Thank you and see you in the game .

Wopica/Pestynka

Will check it out, thanks. :)

Will check it out, thanks. One more quesstion, will you upgrade it to Stable when 0.58 hits?

Edited by JustCaused

Helo

Wopica/Pestynka

Will check it out, thanks. One more quesstion, will you upgrade it to Stable when 0.58 hits?

Dudes, what the actual fu*k, I was able to see Balota village and then rain started and like few minutes after rain, I could see just up to first destroyed barracks, hardly any farher.

Untitled.png

As you can see, I could hardly see anything after the red line. And no, my settings weren't changed in config file.

There once was fog like that but not in the .57 Stable. Also I don't know if you were using that outdated pic of bloats as a reference or if that was when the last time you saw fog. Edited by Jacobahalls

There once was fog like that but not in the .57 Stable. Also I don't know if you were using that outdated pic of bloats as a reference or if that was when the last time you saw fog.

I saw it long time ago, you're right. I just found this video and edited picture just to shot perspective from Chapvesk apartments where I was sniping from. Please no more stuff about fog, read title. :)

sounds like the beta servers to me but idk about the weather, i found a few cold servers--also the lack of the english word[A] tells me your Russian or Dutch