Apollo'sFire

Found an M4, now what...

i guess they simply added the item through adding it in their Database manually, giving clients the ability to somehow request items from the servers would be a giant security loophole

They might have just edited his character file in the hive. 

EDIT: Just realized that's what the guy above me meant. So I agree with him. Maybe that.

You're right, that's probably way more likely. I can't imagine them allowing such a loophole either, it wouldn't be good practice.

That explains it then. Thanks man. That's pretty cool. Can I ask how you can even see that data?

UnPBOed the server data PBO, then UnRaped the BIN Config file. Then I used Notepad++ to look at the file. :D

That can't be entirely true, given how Hicks demonstrated the Winchester prior to its release a few months back. He, and he alone, had a Winchester (which could then be looted from his dead body eventually). It was possible because the gun and its ammunition were in the files, but I have no idea how he actually spawned it into the world. I would imagine that developers have their own, higher-clearance client for the game that allows for such functions.

Zombo, just read my mind exactly. They have access to the character hives so they could've easily just gave it to themselves. :3

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

You found an M4, now what?

F11 is an awesome new key shortcut that lets you closer inspect your weapon. Give that a try...  :D

• Like 1

UnPBOed the server data PBO, then UnRaped the BIN Config file. Then I used Notepad++ to look at the file. :D

I just learned how to do something very similar to this for a ME3 mod I made. That game uses a .bin config setup too. I'm going to look into this as I'd like to see it for myself.

I just learned how to do something very similar to this for a ME3 mod I made. That game uses a .bin config setup too. I'm going to look into this as I'd like to see it for myself.

I use BinPBO, Kegetys ArmA Tools, and PBO Manager.

• Like 2

They spawn in the freaking tents. It's been confirmed by a person on Reddit.

On 0.58 experimental*
  • Like 1

I use BinPBO, Kegetys ArmA Tools, and PBO Manager.

I managed to figure it out just now with Eliteness. I can't edit anything but I can view just fine which suits me perfectly.

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 1

Will .58 bring a character wipe?

If so I want to go out in a blaze of glory.

I did see a double m4 mag for the first time in a long while. 

Will .58 bring a character wipe?

If so I want to go out in a blaze of glory.

I did see a double m4 mag for the first time in a long while. 

Yes, it will.

That M4 must have came from a server that said "High Loot Enabled," it is the clear and only real choice.  I can not believe how long this thread is, perhaps next week we can spend two pages teaching the people who just don't get it about the birds and the bees.

It's not like it's a good weapon anyways.

• Like 1