Sign in to follow this  
therandomredstone

Improved VOIP

This suggestion is just what the title says. Improve the IG voices of others.

As of right now, the voices lag. Here's an example:

Me: "Hello?"

Survivor: "Well He *3 seconds pass* llo survivor, how are y*cuts off*

Which brings me to the next part of this suggestion. It may not be something that needs to be coded to fixed, but simply taught.

There is a delay from the time you say something to the time the other person here's it. I've watched countless videos and heard countless times, the end of whatever someone is saying is cut off because they let go of the "talk" button (mostly caps) right when they're done talking or even half a second before. I take it upon myself to hold down caps for a good half a second-second when I have finished talking, to make sure whoever I'm talking to has heard every bit of what I am saying.

Now for the quality..

The quality of voices right now is.. eh.

Couldn't it be improved and be as good as (or close to) .. I don't know.. Teamspeak?

I know they haven't really had time to sit down and go "Let's fix the voip!" and it's probably something they'll end up fixing in the polishing stage but it's something I just wanted to really quickly address.

Edited by therandomredstone

Only issue I've had with viop, is it's too damn quiet, I can barely hear my squad mates unless they're damn near on top of me, making an easy nade kill.

• Like 2

Only issue I've had with viop, is it's too damn quiet, I can barely hear my squad mates unless they're damn near on top of me, making an easy nade kill.

I'm assuming you already know this but.. have you tried turning it up all the way in Config?

I play on an RP server where voice is important so I typically have my effects kinda turned down, while my VOIP is always at 100%

Edited by therandomredstone

I'm assuming you already know this but.. have you tried turning it up all the way in Config?

I play on an RP server where voice is important so I typically have my effects kinda turned down, while my VOIP is always at 100%

I might have, had to reinstall not to long ago, had to reformat my hard drive, and may have forgot.

EDIT: yep, turned all the way up, unless i can fiddle with a file in my base DayZ directory, I think thats it.

Edited by TheCreeper

Whispering would be nice too. People talking quietly can be heard miles away.

Yeah I get that same problem. I'd meet someone and they'd be like "Yo what's --" And then like five minutes later they'd press CAPs and it would say "--up."

Happens with my friends too, I tell them to say something in voip to test if they can be heard, so they do and then we go have our adventure. Then about three hours later they'd press caps again and whatever they said three hours ago somehow saved up until that moment and played.

Yeah I get that same problem. I'd meet someone and they'd be like "Yo what's --" And then like five minutes later they'd press CAPs and it would say "--up."

Happens with my friends too, I tell them to say something in voip to test if they can be heard, so they do and then we go have our adventure. Then about three hours later they'd press caps again and whatever they said three hours ago somehow saved up until that moment and played.

Green Mountain absorbed it and then spit it out 3 hours later when it had finished deciphering our word codes.