Sign in to follow this  
Weyland Yutani (DayZ)

Black Element Software

As for the rest of your post, I disagree. Nothing positive can come from that presentation. I mean, look at the amount of questions he got at the end...1. Kind of speaks for itself.

I haven't checked what the topic was, but I assume you talk about Tochia's.

BIS sent Torchia to do that presentation to young game devs. The "questions" are coming from less skilled young game developers who are "learning" from BIS. Tochia himself said he'll stop the outsourcing process but it wasn't his choice entirely. He had people above him telling him what to do and the expectation from BIS compared to the actual production of the game had a huge gap since they haven't expected millions of copies to be sold. They said something about 400k~ ?

Tochia's motives weren't to promote him or his employers. It was a simple presentation brought by BIS, same goes to the presentation with Harton about cheating. BIS is a successful indie game developer I suppose, they have a lot to share with other developers and so they do.

Besides that, I don't get why are you nagging Torchia over Twitter? I mean he is sharing some work but it doesn't mean he HAS to answer any questions nor it doesn't mean you need to GET any responses from him over Twitter. He said he is doing twitter stuff but perhaps he was told to shift his main focus on the game for the time being? What you forget is one little thing. This is an alpha stage. The general point of the Alpha stage is to throw as much features as possible into the game and focus on bugs in the pre-beta post-alpha stages. It is a very smart way of doing it, since the other alternative is to add something and fix bugs. The con of this alternative way is that the fixed feature can be broken in the process of adding something else. So you throw all you can in alpha and fix it in BETA. So sure the development is going to be focused on flooding DayZ with whatever can be added. You can expect the BETA to be way slower in terms of new features. The whole focus is going to be on the bugs, even the very small ones.

Edited by StanleyWasHappy

I see you're still raw from getting your shemps pushed in from our last few skirmishes so I'm just going to put you on the ignore list.

What skirmishes?! I barely look at anyone's name when I quote them and if you think I stated my opinion based on any hate towards you, you're kind of pushing shemps up inside yourself and not me. But I guess that's how people will treat your opinion. They will ignore it if they think you're wrong...

Anyway, to summarize what I wanted to say - the presentations BIS provides are for young developers. They are teaching them how to outsource based on their bad scenario and how they dealt with it, so the other developers could avoid such troubles in their future...

Edited by StanleyWasHappy
  • Like 1

Lol WY, you really went out on a limb to take offense at those comments didn't you.

Why so hostile?

Edited by q.S Sachiel

Lol WY, you really went out on a limb to take offense at those comments didn't you.

Why so hostile?

Are you referring to my response to you about the Twitter thing? If yes, I wasn't being hostile on my end. Totally calm and pointing out the facts.

whats a shemp and how do i get one pushed inside

I don't know honestly lol.

all i could find is a budget stand-in for movies with cashflow problems, or shemp howard of the three stooges.

quite a remarkable thing to have inside you nonetheless.

all i could find is a budget stand-in for movies with cashflow problems, or shemp howard of the three stooges.

quite a remarkable thing to have inside you nonetheless.

Haha I'm dying. Perhaps WY can explain this