DemonGroover

Day Z Urban Legends

DayZ stories from the campfire.

...Alone, about dawn...coming out of the forest and into a large clearing by the river rests what looks like a forward mash unit, with several tents and quonset huts. A huey sits on the landing pad. Smoke from a dying campfire rises in the air. 40 meters out hear some grunting from one of the quonset huts. Over the hut is written morgue...Cracking open the door slowly, I see the back of a soldier in full kit from the kevlar helmet to the kevlar boots...Wrapped around him are the legs of what appear to be a nurse based on the white shoes and nylons. Both are grunting and panting in the obvious coitus...yet, my accidental kicking of a can of mountain dew grabs both of their attention and they turn their heads towards me and it is plainly and painfully obvious they are both zeds...muscle memory and reflex has giving my M4 a sight picture of the solider right about the time my mind begs me to shoot them before they spring towards me, as somethings, such as seeing a zeds privates cannot be unseen. This is not a shot for my life but one for my sanity...double tap...the soldier goes down...his head landing in between the crotch of the nurse...two more shots to her shrieking head and its over...

So long ago...I cannot tell you if it was real or not...something from a nighmare about Apocalypse Now. a nightmare in this DayZ world, or something else.....

• Like 4

One time I was in Elektro and then suddenly I was dead! SCAAAAAAAAAAARY And then I knew it was a sniper.

My friend told me about running near Elektro and then suddenly a creepy axe murderer in a lab coat covered in blood came up to him, manically laughing ingame and axed him to death.

My friend told me about running near Elektro and then suddenly a creepy axe murderer in a lab coat covered in blood came up to him, manically laughing ingame and axed him to death.

I believe that story has been posted already, and could be your friend.

In my opinion, its rocket having fun on any old day. It'd be my choice for the day too.

Edited by Neko-san

This one time, my buddy keith got killed by a Zombie. I shat my pants right then and there because it was so damm scary.

This one time, my buddy keith got killed by a Zombie. I shat my pants right then and there because it was so damm scary.

Is there any sort of button where instead of "You have my beans!" it goes something like "I have your beans!" (as in I killed you and took your beans)? Because I feel like the quoted post does not live up to thread standards....

To your post: :emptycan: :emptycan: :emptycan: :emptycan: :emptycan: :emptycan: :emptycan: followed by :murder:

Edited by Neko-san

Neko-san, I believe a

:facepalm:

is sufficient to display your displeasure!

Well I did hear once from a friend, who heard from another, who in turn heard from a cousin, who heard from Tina Turner, who heard from one of her family members, who heard from Matt Lightfoot, that Rocket has 3 nipples

• Like 1

9Izk4.jpg

You have no idea how scary it was to get this pic.

-----

I also have a legend as well. Recently in Namalsk, I found something that struck me as unusual.

jegWY.jpg

So, now we know why there are bloodsuckers and zombies and such... That is, if you've played Half-Life!

Now, I just need to figure out where BM's base is in Namalsk...

I started playing this game about 2 weeks ago and me and a friend decided to leave chernarus for the harsh, bitter-cold wasteland that is namalsk (have never played the map before), lets just say it was a night time server.

Hears growling.

Ask's friend what it is, he replies "i don't know".

A pack of these hulking things appear out of no-where.

I crap myself and start running as far away as possible.

Manage to get away but i had very low blood.

Suddenly my screen starts to go all wierd and i hear thunder, my screen goes yellow and im sitting here going "wtf is this!".

I hear another growl, and 1 pair of soiled underwear and a heart attack later, im staring at the "you are dead screen".

Well I did hear once from a friend, who heard from another, who in turn heard from a cousin, who heard from Tina Turner, who heard from one of her family members, who heard from Matt Lightfoot, that Rocket has 3 nipples

I in fact started this so called rumor. I saw said third nipple after one late night of strip poker.

• Like 1

i wish ppl would stop fabricating these stories, they are just plaine boring. they always start with the same old lines, "a friend heard something about" or "it was going around the forums" or something even more silly like "it was known in the previous version of the game" . id love to know why they make these things up. they must be thinking that ppl are gonna go out looking for these so called legends.

I once spawned in the middle of the woods around berenzino with nothing but a flash light. No idea how it happened, was not on a private server.

i wish ppl would stop fabricating these stories, they are just plaine boring. they always start with the same old lines, "a friend heard something about" or "it was going around the forums" or something even more silly like "it was known in the previous version of the game" . id love to know why they make these things up. they must be thinking that ppl are gonna go out looking for these so called legends.

You don't get the concept of an Urban Legend do you? Where there are people there are always 'stories' or whispers of what lives in the woods, mountains, in a lake etc. Open world games will have similar stories.

It is human nature, but more importantly a bit of harmless fun.

Tell you what, go to Green Mountain at 3am and report back what you found.....or just leave this thread alone. Up to you.

• Like 2

i have the music turned off in game cause the noises scare the shit outta me late at night

i have the music turned off in game cause the noises scare the shit outta me late at night

The first time i played DayZ was at night (in game and out) and the music scared the living shite out of me, especially when is goes all 28 Days later as if someone is chasing you.

Ah, the good old days.

• Like 1

no but srsly i srsly am going to go to Green Mountain with a friend. I'll be back to post what i experienced.

My friend and I were moving through the forests around black lake, heading up and west towards the airfield - the whole time we were making our way through the trees I would hear these footsteps behind us, my friend heard nothing and I never spotted anything moving.

I was in the lead and just as we cleared the woods I turned back to make sure my buddy was still with me and managed to take this screenshot before I hit ALT-F4.

Needless to say we have never been back.

The link doesn't appear to be there anymore, can you put it back up?

The first time i played DayZ was at night (in game and out) and the music scared the living shite out of me, especially when is goes all 28 Days later as if someone is chasing you.

Ah, the good old days.

I turned music off instantly. I don't want music drowning the pitter-patter of bandit feet or distant gunshots

no but srsly i srsly am going to go to Green Mountain with a friend. I'll be back to post what i experienced.

If you want to commit suicide it would be much less painful to simply jump into a Whirligig.

I did go out to Skalisty Island a little while ago with fraps running the entire time to hopefully document any weird happening. It wasn't in the middle of the night, but it was early evening so it wasn't completely dark nor bright.. more grey-ish. The first thing I saw was russian text as I got close to shore coming from a player not on the server. It did make me reconsider, but I pressed onward. Sadly, that was the only scary thing that happened, however I DID die during exploring when I was underneath the boatdock-house thing, but I really just credited that to the water pushing me up against the floor above me and crushing me. I will be sure to go back soon enough when it's even more late in the evening. Hopefully something happens to me that will make me never want to go back.

Ok so this is true and totally fucked up and has put me off DayZ for a while...

So one night a friend and I were on a loot run through starry and up to the nwaf , the usual run. At starry there was a car and we really wanted some wheels so my friend and I agreed that he'd go and get the parts while I stand overwatch guarding the car, silly me..

As the night grew ever so darker my friend had made a couple of rounds to the car with jerry cans , wheels, etc. I was getting pretty bored so I was just fiddling around on Facebook on my phone.

Then i heard the creepiest rustling sound through my earphones, it was sooo creepy, i put down my phone and had a quick scan around ( I was on the hill overlooking the tents in starry) Behind me was this goat, just standing there facing me but it looked as if it was looking past me at something off in the distance. This made me shit my panties then and there as i had been reading about these hella creepy goats before. I new in the back of my mind they were all fake but i just didnt want to take my eyes off it..... and then BAM

A DMR shot splits through the night next thing i know im on the ground unconcious, broken legged with an "unkown" sniper standing over the top of me, as i bleed out he slowly walks back to join the goat. Im just sitting there watching them watching me thinking what the fucking fuckity fuck just happened. As all this was going on i was screaming at my friend to get his ass back over here. When he got back i told him where i died, there was nothing there he couldnt find my body, no flies, no goat, no "unknown sniper"

Just to add the ghillie suit the guy was wearing wasnt the usual ghillie suit, i swear it had blood on it

Anyway, i learned my lesson, fuck DayZ its he creepiest game ever, and i kid you not this is true (no screen shots because i was almost crying)

• Like 1