DemonGroover

Day Z Urban Legends

Oh jesus, as a bambi i have to things to be afraid of ghosts and bandits and creepy other stuff i dont want to play dayz any more o_o

Oh jesus, as a bambi i have to things to be afraid of ghosts and bandits and creepy other stuff i dont want to play dayz any more o_o

Stay for a while --- stay forever!

No, don't stop playing this great mod. Just play along, go your own way, make your own decisions. You'll be fine. Maybe just keep some of the stories in mind, when you enter the most haunted places in Chernarus like Green Mountain or Skalisty. My "mistake" was reading all the stories here. They made me even more paranoid as I already was before... Now I can fear everything. Nights, tractors, bushes, goats, rabbits, shithouses... :(

• Like 1

Stay for a while --- stay forever!

No, don't stop playing this great mod. Just play along, go your own way, make your own decisions. You'll be fine. Maybe just keep some of the stories in mind, when you enter the most haunted places in Chernarus like Green Mountain or Skalisty. My "mistake" was reading all the stories here. They made me even more paranoid as I already was before... Now I can fear everything. Nights, tractors, bushes, goats, rabbits, shithouses... :(

Thanks for the advice

Thanks for the beans!

But those crazy shithouses really make me shit my pants.

Oh wait, it's because I can't put them off in game. Stupid me!

Whoever has witnessed the dark powers of The Moutain once will not go back.

Thinking about your idea, I can already see a full server of about 64 people from this forum enter the dark tower. They all climb up and never come back down. Alive. Because one freakin' troll with a satchel blow them all to hell at once. Just for the lulz.

And then a new legend is born. The one about "The mad satchel-bomber of The Mountain."

Yikes!

• Like 1

I remember a story I have, it wasn't scary because i didn't even know what happened. Basically I logged in, I was in Elektro inside the supermarket when i saw a player with a zombie skin and a gun, I shot him in the head cause i didn't want to die and he didn't die and hes head would follow me where ever i would go and i deiced just to log out cause I was confused.

Edited by TruckingBucket

I enjoy going to the Namalsk underground barracks to hear the little girl scream, and also pick up a railgun or two along the way ;)

More on topic, the Red Eyes at night on Namalsk combined with the Predator noises leads me to believe that there is a custom predator AI on Namalsk, so next time you see the red eyes unload a clip or two into them! There may be a mountain dew near by...

Was venturing alone in the North-East. Looted the supermarked in Berezino and found map, watch, tent and a big backpack. Was separated from my group wich was further inland. I was unarmed, and felt entirely alone. Hadnt seen any fellow survivers in hours. While traveling south i had to cross a field. Upon reachig the other side, i was getting shot at. Immediatly I dropped to the grund and headed for a three. Hadn't found any weapon, but was loaded with useful supplies, and i prepared to die.

Then suddenly I was called on voicecomm by a guy with a french accent. He said "Sorry, but you came to close. Are you hurt?". Turned out i hade run apon two survivers that fired in self defence. I was unhurt, and thanked them for not killing me. Then we separated.

There I learned that not all fellow survivers are evil. I was a free kill for them with a fat backpack, but they let me live.

Entering a shithouse and closing the door will kill you. THIS IS A BLOODY CURSE

It's the dark powers... They are watching us ... everywhere. They don't want us to close the doors when pooping inside the shithouse. They want to watch.

How evil! ... and somehow disturbing, not?

• Like 1

Hold it as long as you can...and when the time has come do it into the wilderness...please don't use rabbits to clean yourself up, they leave a lot of hairs, and don't wash yourself into the ponds, I could need to fill some canteen soon or late.

Edited by OldFossil
  • Like 1

I enjoy going to the Namalsk underground barracks to hear the little girl scream, and also pick up a railgun or two along the way ;)

More on topic, the Red Eyes at night on Namalsk combined with the Predator noises leads me to believe that there is a custom predator AI on Namalsk, so next time you see the red eyes unload a clip or two into them! There may be a mountain dew near by...

I play Namalsk the most now just for the PvP, and I like to play night servers too, but ive never seen the red eyes. Now i have something to look for next time i play!

This one time at night, of course, I was in Novy Stobor. Looting. I cam across the eastern red apartment building. The one that has stairs that go nowhere. I heard some extremely weird noises. Someone crouching, the rustle of grass, etc. I ran outside and around the building once. On my second time around I found three zombies, dead in a row. They werent there before. Let's just say I ran away with dignity.

This thread is awesome. :thumbsup:

Nope, that makes perfect sense when you think about it.

It's a shithouse, why would you enter it in the first place? Loot? You really expect to find anything else apart from double-barreled shotgun or alike?

There must be a reason why it's a shithouse, why it has poor loot and why the door will kill you.

Hm...

• Like 1

Made an account so I could post something here. I've been reading all of these stories and it has motivated me to journey to that mountain at least once a week to document my findings. My first journey (last night) was met with ill results and no abnormal activity was found. I drank a Dew at the top of the tower to motivate the spirits, yet did not meet my maker (yet.) I was on an empty server, so my next journey will be on a full server to see if this affects the results. I think that additional persons would help me conduct the study safely and quickly. Please let me know if you would like to join me on my sacrific... study.

Made an account so I could post something here. I've been reading all of these stories and it has motivated me to journey to that mountain at least once a week to document my findings. My first journey (last night) was met with ill results and no abnormal activity was found. I drank a Dew at the top of the tower to motivate the spirits, yet did not meet my maker (yet.) I was on an empty server, so my next journey will be on a full server to see if this affects the results. I think that additional persons would help me conduct the study safely and quickly. Please let me know if you would like to join me on my sacrific... study.

You went up for the wrong reason. The spirits know your plans. You have to go without the motivation of study. I went up to loot and got screamed at by a 3 year old demon child.

• Like 1

You went up for the wrong reason. The spirits know your plans. You have to go without the motivation of study. I went up to loot and got screamed at by a 3 year old demon child.

No, the spirits got me. They just bought their time. I was on a completely empty server and all of a sudden, two survivors in hero's clothing spawned right next to me. RIGHT NEXT TO ME! What are the chances of that? I was lucky to find two heroes right next to me. i hailed them and said friendly. They shot me. Only the spirits of that mountain would cause a hero to do that.

• Like 3

Gather round, my kiddies! Boys and girls, children all about! Apostrophe next to the campfire, grab a can of beans and let me tell you of the most coveted treasure that the land of Chernarus has to offer! They say many a man have seen it, but not a single has laid his hands upon it! Wars had been fought for it, and many a million zeds slaughtered to even have it in your presence! Let me tell you the tale...

Of the Dew.

(And dangling from a tree nearby was a bloody hook.)

----------------------------------------

In all seriousness, I do have a very true, very mysterious story that I'll never forget.

Back in 1.7.1, I was just coming into DayZ. I was slowly evolving into the cold bandit I am today, but for what it was worth, I had enough kindness to help someone in need. I made acquaintance with a boy greener than spring grass who was trapped down at the Electro docks. After weighing on my good side that day, I made my way down from the dam, to the docks, to find that the greenhand was rescued by a Winchester-wielding man. The greenhand was thankful, but as a fresh spawner, he was with only a flashlight and no defenses at all. (Mind you, this was before the melee was implemented.) So deciding that a pair of gunners was better than just a shotgun alone, I grouped up with the duo.

Now, here's where the story goes astray. As the three of us made our way through the streets of Electro, looking for supplies to heal up the fairly-banged-up greenhand, we'd often become separated. As we turned corners, or walked through a doorway, our mute friend with the Winchester would seemingly disappear into thin air, only to reappear moments later in a completely different location. Knowing Electro fairly well, I chocked this up as his way of scouting, maybe taking a long way around a route to make sure that there weren't any hostiles trained on us. But as this phenomenon continued, I became very suspicious. Brushing it off as my ever-growing paranoia in DayZ, I thought nothing of it.

However, as we hit the western border of the Electro docks (having circled back out to the edge, so as to have a fairly-open view) a few shots fired off in our direction. Ordering the green to book it out of the city and into a nearby patch of trees, I felt bad that we might lose our mysterious second gunner. Looking over my shoulder as we ran, I saw no hide nor hair of the fellow. I had to admit, I was a tad bit saddened, but splitting up might've been the best idea. Taking nestle in the trees, myself and the green checked our bearing, prepared to make for Cherno for the supplies we hadn't been able to find. However, as I turned to look out toward the road to Cherno, I saw something peculiar...

Here he came, our Winchester wielding bravado. Nearly 100 meters off track, and with no hinting of our location at all, he had found us. I was honestly struck with awe. Being a fan of the Fallout series of games, there was only one thing that came to mind when he came strolling up to us.

This mas was the Mysterious Stranger.

And so, we continued. North to Prigorodky. West to Vysota. All this time, traveling through fields. Nothing to block or view, nothing to obscure or vision of this Mysterious Stranger besides lone sparsing of bushes. And yet, every five minutes I glanced over my shoulder, he'd disappear behind one bush, and reappear five minutes later behind another. But the kicker is yet to come.

As we headed south, into the hills above the hospital, I gave one final glance to this Mysterious Stranger. He stood up, gave me a salute, and with that, promptly disappeared. Now, I suppose you could justify that last disappearance as a disconnect. But I have no clue, no justifiable idea, how he could track us all the way along that coastline, and continue to keep pace with us if he kept D/Cing and R/Cing, without us uttering a single message outside of direct chat.

So if you're ever on the coast, in need of help, and you run into a man with a Winchester strapped to his back, take a second. He's a fuckin' guardian angel, that one is.

You don't have to believe me, but that doesn't make it not true.

Cool story bro!

Namalsk - the children, has anyone saved the children!?

i dont think they want to be saved

they happily scare the shit out of us, pesky buggers

• Like 1

there is this one thing that happened when helicopters made their way back in 1.7.2.4.

of course we went out to find us one and see if there are any dumb things we can do with it.

skalisty island is said to be the best place to check, so we went to look there and

found something completely unexpected.

when we prepared to set over, someone saw something below in the water, it didn't look like

it belongs there. by a closer look it appeared to be the helicopter we were out to find, just

not quite in the spot where we expected it.

so, what to do? god knows what happened, mostlikely it was some newb pilot, trying to fly the helicopter

off the island without repairing it, it would fall of the sky within seconds due to fuel leaking out.

chances are the helicopter is only damaged and still inact as a vehicle, that would mean it would take like a week for it

to respawn. not on one of our regular severs, so we thought of a way to make sure its in fact fully destroyed.

throwing a nade of a boat is not possible, so we decided to dive down and check whats up point blank.

now to anyone who doesn't know, it IS possible to dive in dayz, sort of. if you happen to get into deep water

with a broken leg, you don't swim but sink to the ground. you don't take damage, and you can move on the ground.

good to know if you lost something valueable after taking a bath...

so. one guy volunteered for the mission. we broke his leg, banaged his wounds and brought him out on the sea right above the helicopter.

our pilot approached the helicopter and got on the driver seat, and then... *BOOM* the helicopter turned into a giant light bulb for a split second.

sometimes, when you enter a helicopter, it starts the engine right away. and a damaged helicopter on sea-ground apparently takes offense at that.

an explosion from a helicopter under water, caused by a guy with a broken leg crawling across the sea ground with a flashlight.

i laughed so hard that i hurt my stomach.

it also blew the boat apart.

the boater found himself bleeding in the water, but he was able to swim to the coast in time to bandage himself.

the pilot was also still alive, bleeding to his death because he didn't take any bandages with him.

here is a recording of the event:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0MZdWZIZ78&feature=plcp

voice chat is german.

the video appears very dark on youtube for some odd reason, the video i made is way more bright. the youtube enhencer didn't help either.

and yea, thats me at the end :S

• Like 1