DemonGroover

Day Z Urban Legends

I saw a snowman in a building in Namalsk. Scared the shite outta me at first when i peered around the corner. I think they are easter eggs of somekind and there are a few scattered about.

Namalsk is full of easter eggs; I wouldn't be all that surprised if the "super zombie" reports were true.

Well.

One day I was strolling thro

It confused me. After all of that stupid shit that went on, I randomly died. The heavy breathing was scary...

So glad I decided to check the forums! Glad to find this, so I finally registered so I can share this with you.

Before we start you should know this

2 months ago I was heading to Berezino northbound on the main coastal highway. upon arriving at Solnichniy I decided to take a left toward Dolina to minimize the risk of traveling on the main road and so I could hit up Polana for some supplies before going into Berezino. As I headed West along this road the whole time staying hidden in the trees to the left (South) of the road, but keeping it in sight. The strange thing is how uneasy I felt the entire time, I had traveled many roads like this before, but this time it just felt all wrong. And wrong it was, the entire time, every building I looted, everything was just out of place, the strangest thing was the barn Southeast of Dolina had a corner that was full of meat,one corner with 3 cooked meat, a hatchet and one corner with various car parts. when I got to Dolina, it all went to hell, I managed to get inside of a red brick building(the one with a round entry,staris leading to a closed door, and a single room), while checking a pile of loot, I noticed a zombie up against a window looking right at me, scared the crap out of me, but I wrote it off as a glitch, on my way out (still inside, crouched and walking slow) at least 8, maybe more zombies came rushing through the doors, I managed to pick them off with my AK-74, but not before alerting more of them that I was there. I did manage to escape, as I ran up the hill, with about 3 zeds coming for me I notied the same zombie that was in the window staring at me from the bottom of the hill.

I wrote all of that off as a mistake on my part paired with a glitch.

The standing zombie must have been a glitch.

I must have alerted the zombies by accident somehow.

The strange items must be from a player ahead of me.

No matter what happened I am still scared of the area and have never gone back.

Until now.

Now to just a few days ago.

I managed to get to Solnichniy and decided to check out Dolina again, so I could stop being so paranoid of the road there and terrified of the town itself. And worst of all, it was a night server.

Server pop had to be no more than 5-10

So, into the darkness armed with a new feeling of confidence (In the form of a Mk 48 I got off of a bandit I managed to outsmart in Elektro) I set forth to prove to myself there is nothing strange in what should be a well-traveled area.

As I got out of Solnichniy the world around me started to die. A dead world where death is the only guarnteed thing, got even more dead.

First insects and amimals silinced.

Then the rustling of the trees.

Then the wind.

(This seems to happen along with most strange occurences according to this thread.)

It was silent, completely dead.

Even behind my computer monitor I could feel the air in-game go stale and heavy.

A thick fog set in.

This was in half way between Solnichniy and Dolina.

Then a sign of life.

Human life.

The comforting sound of an engine.

But it was only comforting for a second before I realised the occupants are probably hostile, so I set up an ambush.

Everthing else was still dead, making for the most scary thing I have ever experienced in Day Z.

The car stopped and 3 people got out, well armed too, one had onother MG followed by a man with an AS550 and another with a M4A1.

For some reason they had went into the small unmarked town between Dol. and Sol.

They all got out of my sight, and I considered jumping in their UAZ and taking off, providing MG man did not blow the car to bits the second he heard the engine turn over, so I waited.

Then suddenly a burst of heavy gunfire errupts.

One of them ran back toward the car shouting over voice "HOLD ON! I'M GETTING THE GRENADES AND A LAUNCHER"

He switches from the 550 to a gun with a nade launcher.

He runs back to his friends(Up to this point about 20 seconds has passed since the first shot)

All I hear is about another 30 secons of gunfire and explosions around this town.

Then sudden silence"

What I saw next I could not even believe myself, 4 men, 3 of which have survivor skins are limping back toward the road.

LIMPING

The guys in the car must have somehow turned, as for the 4th, it looked like a man in a rather nice suit, with a black tie. However, he stayed back, as if hiding from something, as i looked at him something seemed off, his eyes were glowing in dim white light through the fog.

As I took a quick look at the (no longer) survivors and back, the one in the suit was gone.

Next thing I know I hear the 3 surviror zombies let out the loudest, yet deepest growl I have ever heard, they begin running at me even though I had been prone the whole time, and not moving. I stand up and open fire, each one must have taken 10 rounds or more.

As I begin to investigate the vehicle I noticed it in undriveable condition (a stray round hit the front left tire), in the trunk it had nothing but raw meat and a few axes.

As I ran toward the barn to the southeast of Dolina I was running though what just happened in my mind.

Then it hit me.

Suit and tie zombie.

That was the same one staring at me 2 months ago.

I approached the barn from the East, as I got closer everthing came back to life and the fog lifted.

Feeling as though that... thing has had its fill of fucking with me today I entered the barn and took invintory of what I had.

1x Mk48 with 48 rounds+1 extra mag

1x M1911 with 3 mags

Plenty of medical supplies, food and drink.

Going good, now to make it to Dolina so I can get this over with.

As I close my gear screen I noticed the fog is back, and thicker than ever and the sound of about 50 or more zombies around me.

What comes next will haunt me for a really long time.

Barn doors are somehow closed, "He" is in front of me, this time with red glowing eyes and in a very deep, broken, and demonic voice he says.

"There will be no escape this time"

"You can not outrun, outsmart, or outgun fate"

"You will join the others, eternally suffering at a place mortals call "Green Mountain""

Side door opens, all of these zombies rush in.

Thankfully the door facing West opens.

I run toward the West, toward Dolina.

With these 50 zeds chasing me the whole time.

I run through the same building I was at 2 months ago to try and lose some of them.

The 3 slain survivors appear at the opposite door with bloody, pale faces.

I run around in panic when I notice something by a window.

The same window I was standing in front of 2 months ago.

IT'S HIM.

I approach him.

All zombies stop in the doorway to this room and become strangely quiet.

Then he says one last thing,

"Let's try this again, shall we?"

I reply in voice,

"I guess we shall"

As I turn to face the door the zombies resume their march, louder than ever.

I unload with my MG, after emptying the remaing rounds I load the last mag.

I must have put at least 100 down, they still keep coming.

Finally run out and switch to M1911

Still shooting, they overrun me, the last thing I see is "Him" still staring at me.

I die and respawn at Green Mountain Equiped with a hatchet and NVGs, in 3rd person I look similar to one of the "fallen survivors"

"He" does not interfere again, I appear to run a bit faster and my food/thirst does not go down.

I also can not pick up items or remove the hatchet as a weapon.

I managed to make my way to Zelenogorsk and was shot by a somone, either a bandit or someone scared of my appearance I then respawned normally with normal abilities.

• Like 7

Nice one AndrewG - Green Mountain has a lot to answer for.

Shame that plan to detonate a hundred satchel charges at its base didnt work.

It is evil i tell ya....eeeeeevvviiiiilllllll

Another Green Mountain tale. This happened today, my character had been alive for 3 days, beaten the odds countless times. Surviving fire fight after fire fight, getting away from a horde of zombies after being knocked unconscious at 1000 blood. It was my 3rd day, I had everything a survivor could need, ghillie, weapons, food and drink. I had just escaped a sniper ambush with a buddy at Devil's Castle, I told him to drop me off at Zelenogorsk (where I kept my tractor) so I could scope out Stary Military tents silently before looting. On my way around the base of green mountain I spotted a helicopter crash pretty far up the side, who wouldn't check it out?

As I arrived at the crash I searched around not finding much, and then I saw it, an L85, my most sought out weapon lying there with 3 mags. Searched a little more and found NVG's, how good my day was going right? That's all I ended up finding. I left and followed the back roads up to Stary by first going through Novy. This took a little while in a tractor, I'm driving south up the road into Novy when out of nowhere, boom unconscious, tractor a flame, blood rapidly falling. "There was no explosion, what caused this?" I said to myself, and just a second later the "Your are Dead" screen popped up.

A measly death, I would just go back to my corpse. I contacted a friend and he said he would pick me up and bring me back to my corpse. Just as he was about to fly down to pick me up what does the chat say? "Server Restart: 1 minute" There is no other explanation than Green Mountain caused this.

Edited by apostasy
  • Like 1

I heard there is a man disguised as a hay bale in one of the fields. He will devour you if you come too close D:

If you dont mind I'll still be more afraid of the SVD ghillie ghost man

garry_the_hay_cube_by_garrythehaycube-d3fcls3.png

• Like 4

I was trekking up to the NW airfield, I was at the south barracks.

Lucky me! I had found an MK mod 48, I was walking about cautiously, as I do every time I find a rare gun when I heard an explosion, not a grenade explosion, something bigger... I've never heard a larger explosion since I blew up a heli with a satchel on Operation Arrowhead, I saw 4 or 5 people's death message, I proned and crawled to get a better view of the airfield, the right side of the fire station was rubble, I knew some sort of hacker/satchel incident had happened...

Stupidly, I had decided to investigate, there were 2 dead heroes and the other 3 were Survivors, further away from "ground zero" I saw another body, it looked different from the rest, I quickly ran over to the body and checked it.

Unconscious hero, I decided to drag him away from the approaching zombie horde, I had put him in the second closet hanger to the fire station, I used my last epi-pen on him, he said he was part of a team, and that he was catching up to them then the explosion killed the rest of his team, I quickly blood bagged him and went to loot his friend's bodies.

Empty.

They were all empty except for a can of soda, they were holding guns in their hands, but all they had in their gear was a can of Mountain Dew, they all had Mountain Dew.

I asked Brett (The previously unconscious hero) why they just had a can of soda, he protested that they had guns in their hands, I told him to check the gear for himself, I watched out for snipers or bandits who heard the explosion when Brett said "Huh, that's weird, all of their gear was destroyed except for Mountain Dew..." I asked him if he had any Mountain Dew on him, he said he didn't, I said "Oh well, just grab a few, your team-mates have logged off the server" for some reason, Brett sounded confused and said they were still on, I decided it was just a glitch and picked two cans of the Dew up, I said my goodbyes and such and ran towards the ATC, I heard a large snap of a leg and Brett's death message, he was in the glitched stand up pose, I saw no-one near him, I didn't hear a shot, it has seemed rather peculiar, but, I couldn't care less, I got some Mountain Dew! I carefully watched by back incase a bandit with an axe came towards me.

I vaulted over the small pile of rubble in the ATC after many unsuccessful attempts (I could never master that) and to my surprise I found an M14 AIM, I walked towards it until I heard walking noises and began to see blood coming from the roof, I checked my GPS to see if there was anyone upstairs, I didn't see anyone, so I cautiously moved upstairs, there was a corpse and what I thought was someone proning outside of the windows, I heard a noise I have never heard on DayZ, the noise of the blowback from an RPG, I quickly proned and went down the stairs, checked the player list.

Just me

You are dead.

When you find Mountain Dew,

NEVER TAKE IT

It's true what they say, Mountain Dew is cursed.

• Like 2

I heard tales that there are populated servers with few bandits and no hackers!

• Like 1

I heard tales that there are populated servers with few bandits and no hackers!

We are here to spread myths and legends - not fairy tales!

Beware cursed weapons!

One day traveling through Namalsk I found a Remington 870 shotgun and took it as a secondary wepon along my trusty AKM. Later on my journeys i needed some space in my pack so i decided to throw the shotgun away. After a few hours of play i decided to shoot at a chopper that was passing by so he of course decided to turn around and kill me after a few passes. Ah well thats what i get for taking pot shots.

Spawning not far away i ran back to my corpse. When i retrieved my backpack it had the shotgun inside it again. What the hell, i had lost some food and water and gained a shotgun, not good. Namalsk is a harsh place and weapons abounded whilst food and water are rare. I now needed some suplies and decided to ambush some people crossing the land bridge.

I set myself up in a tree overlooking the narrow land bridge not far from the path. 10 minutes later i see 3 figures crossing the bridge. I waited till they got close and blasted them away without them seeing my position. i searched the corpses geting little food and water but some medical suplies. needing space i put the damn returning shotgun on a corpse and buried it. I then hunkered down nearby and logged off for the night.

When i logged in again the next morning the shotgun had returned! Cursing me with its presence and again destroying some precious suplies. Resigned to carry this cursed weapon i continued my journey seeking suplies. Not long later a fresh spawn happens across my path. He calls out a greeting and i return it. I call him over and tell him take the shotgun out of my bag. He does so as i threaten him not to use it on me. We then part ways. I did not tell him of the curse. Hopefully now he is stuck with it forever returning to his bags to wreak havoc upon his precious suplies.

I now continue my journey, happy to be free of that cursed thing.

• Like 1

there is this thing about the radio tower

its haunted and creepy and all sorts of things will happen when you go there

so a guy who frequently played with us a while ago wanted to REALLY know

about the radio tower and whats up with all the hype

so we had this helicopter and dropped him near the tower,

while we went on to another mission.

he went there and was really scared what would happen.

granted, we talked to him the whole time over ts and trolled him with scary

shit, and then one guy told him to go up to the platform, approach the edge

and when reaching it, immediatly press the step-over button.

the whole ts, around 8 guys on at that time i think, were laughing their

asses off when we hear him go "ahhh shit, i am dead, really funny"

moments like that make dayz the most epic game ever. nothing will ever compare.

Edited by Azrail
  • Like 2

Great video - when does the film come out?

Thank you!

I'm gonna take a few days off to hang with the girlfriend. Then back to work on it on Monday I hope to have it done by the end of November. I don't get a lot of time to work on these projects.

Thanks for he awesome thread. I do read it to give me ideas for the movie

Great video - when does the film come out?

Thank you!

I'm gonna take a few days off to hang with the girlfriend. Then back to work on it on Monday I hope to have it done by the end of November. I don't get a lot of time to work on these projects.

Thanks for he awesome thread. I do read it to give me ideas for the movie

FWyY4.png

Four survivors are attacked by more than just the living dead as they make their way to Green Mountain, the most paranormal place in Day Z. We have spent hundreds of hours of our time in making these videos for the dayz community and we hope you enjoy watching them as much as we did making them.

DayZ Halloween Movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raEs5MFVups

DayZ 22 Episode Series Playlist

http://www.youtube.c...0AF48BFF0F7708C

Also here's the Reddit Thread if you want to ask me questions or anything and this thread has died by the time I've come back.

http://www.reddit.co...de_dayz_series/

• Like 2

In the darkest souls within those who plays DayZ, one might find that settings can change rather quickly — in fact, almost instantly one can be in one place and then another. Nobody knows how this happens or who is the leading cause of this particular situation, but they do say that the people who demonically play this game for their own enjoyment are those who make this destruction happen. They give these dark hearts a name, they're called...

...hackers.

• Like 2

The other day my friend Scott and I were trying to meet in Cherno. He was at the fire station, and I was moving along the railroad tracks, east, through the city. I was searching a shed near the base of the very large tubular structure, where the bridge looms overhead, and heard the faintest sound. The high pitched drone of Nyan Cat was closing in on me fast from the North. Assuming it was either a hacker or just a general griefer, I booked it for the fire station to get cover No matter how fast I ran, the noise just came faster. It was right on top of me (The song was being broadcast via Direct Communication). As I bullied my way through zombies into the fire station, we turned to face my pursuer.

Before us stood a brown bunny, still playing this music. It ran straight towards me, and I dodged to the side, shooting it several times. The bunny stopped, but the shots had no effect. Then it placed an m249 and one magazine on the ground. It went over to Scott and placed an AS50 with one magazine for him. As quickly as it came in, the mysterious Gun Bunny had left us standing in awe of our new weapons.

• Like 4

Yep, ive seen hackers like this - i was once followed by a sheep, who turned into a Ghillie suited man, who then shot me.

Or it could be the REAL Gun Bunny, psychotic cousin of the Easter Bunny?

• Like 2