DemonGroover

Day Z Urban Legends

A server with 50 survivors all just helping each other to survive?

Surely not a legend, but a fairy tale?

• Like 3

A server with 50 survivors all just helping each other to survive?

Surely not a legend, but a fairy tale?

Not a fairy tale, a Myth

• Like 1

I created the legend of Green Mountain where if you bring a Mountain Dew as sacrifice you are granted three items of your choice. These include anything from Arma II itself, so even "Hacked Items" such as an SUV or any of the weapons not included in DayZ.

Nothing special, but I'd post it in "Green Mountain" threads for fun.

• Like 2

Guys it wasn't a 50 people server there is NO way that that would happen, I said a server with 5 to 7 not 50+! LOL :D:D And it wasn't global anyways, made it abit more creepier in my opinion with less people on the server.

Bump, and also:

Who wants to go to green mountain with me? Like right now? It's night time where I live (MN, USA) and if I can get 5+ People, we can go on up there and see what all the fuss is about.

PM me if you want to come!

(FYI: I do not claim you will get out alive, any loss of items or sanity is on you. Unless the kill is from a survivor, in which case, it's their fault.)

I don't want to play this game anymore!!!!!

Literally read the whole thread, RIP trousers

Heard there was a jason on the server we were on over TS. Shortly afterwards, my mate tells me to run. I turned around and unloaded the M4A1 in a guy who looked axactly like that, just as he smashed me with the axe. we both died. yes, a hacker killed me. but I killed him too, and I didn't need to cheat to do it. consider these balls presented.

edit: mine wasn't singing though. Guy who sold him the script mustn't have sold him the instructions on how to send audio files through direct chat in windows 7 home premium.

Edited by datguy
  • Like 3

Heard there was a jason on the server we were on over TS. Shortly afterwards, my mate tells me to run. I turned around and unloaded the M4A1 in a guy who looked axactly like that, just as he smashed me with the axe. we both died. yes, a hacker killed me. but I killed him too, and I didn't need to cheat to do it. consider these balls presented.

edit: mine wasn't singing though. Guy who sold him the script mustn't have sold him the instructions on how to send audio files through direct chat in windows 7 home premium.

I give you props man, not many people can do what you did. Even though you posted this in the urban legends, I somehow believe you. Because I know Jason is not invincible, I encountered him one time in a server. Same look and same song he played in the video. I didn't get killed by him, but he did chase me into a group of bandits that killed me. But when I looked at Jason, his name was El Presidente, and later on the server I saw his name pop up saying he died! Probably you?...0_o

Okay, well, just today, my mate posted a story to our forums about his DayZ experience. My friend, _Homicide_, also talked about it on our Mumble server, and seemed genuinely freaked out. This guy is usually batshit insane hyperactive, so being freaked out is really out of sorts for him.

I'll just copy the quote from my forums to here. I'll split it into two paragraphs so it's easier for you to read, but I can't be bothered spellchecking, so you'll have to excuse his poor spelling at some points.

So as you guys know, I'm not really used to Dayz yet, I was running around on a night server with some flares I found. Goof and Dreg said they're a pretty good counter to nvgs. I was the only one on the server, cos it was like 4 in the morning. Anyway, I was running around cherno just looting shit, found a revolver and a camo suit, as well as an akm in some army tents. I was at what the map said was a hospital near some medium yield buildings, I think they were apartments. Then when I got into the hospital and started to get medicine, I heard this really wierd wispering. I hit P straight away because I thought another player might have been wispering to his friend on Direct. No-one else but me. Starting to get a bit scared. so yeah, ignored it, lol. as I left the hospital I heard the wisper get closer, and at one point it sounded like it said 'you can't make me', so I was like fuck it and just cheesed it, ran towards the factories, looking around as I was running. Scared the fuck out of me, lol...

Anyway, got inside the factory, and it was quiet. but then I heard the wispering again, and was like fuck it I'm just going to shoot whatever it is. So I waited, the wispering got louder and louder, and then stopped. was like wtf... then a FUCKING PLAYER RAN AT ME WITH AN AXE AND HIT ME. i shot at him like 10 times before he hit me and I was unconsious, then I heard the wispering come back, getting louder and louder until I had to take my headset off cos it hurt, and I was dead. Idk if the guy died afterwards from bleeding or if he logged out or something, but when I went to the lobby it still said I was the only one on the server... wtf happened? I doubt its some sort of herobrine thing, but is there a cheat that stops players from appearing on the player list?

• Like 2

He probably wasn't a hacker bro. You can customize for face without hacks really easily. Go check youtube before you accuse someone of hacking.

I so dumb. I commented before watching the whole thing. Skins aren't hacks but teleporting is.

Edited by Vindicator
  • Like 1

After reading this entire thread it makes me really want to check out these legends. Especially at GM or Skalistky island, I want to come back here with a story to share. PM me if you're interested and we can go skype.

I made this account just because of this thread xD

Edited by Sxano
  • Like 4

Scariest thing ever;

Im in the forest.

I got my thermal sight.

I look through it.

I see someone running against me.

Switches weapon to a silenced m9 for discretion.

He isint there anymore.

I ran fast...

• Like 4

Well, this is yet another story about g̵̸̦̤̫̺̥͇ͬ͌̃ͥ͘͞r̸̟͎̜̜̞̘̣̬̖͕͚ͪ̌̽̏̅̉̓ͨ̓̒̄ͩ̌ͫ͗Ę̵͋͂ͪ̌ͣ͐͊̊̽ͦ̌̊̔̎́͝͏͖̫͚̜̻̫͉̟͓͎̳͎̣͚̝̞̫͖E̿̒̽̍̒̂͛̂̏͠͏̢͇̭̝̬̤̮͔̖̹͖̬̟̻͙̙ͅn̶ͩ́͒̈͂͂͑ͧ̑͑̕͏̲͔̱̤͇̲̦͎͈̯̖̠̝̮̝͟ ̵̵̹̦͔͕̋ͯ̑ͦͫ̐̐͊ͩͥ̂̓͋̇̚M̖̼͉̫͚͍̱̮̖̗͎̠̹ͮ͌ͫ͊ͯͧ̈́͆̀̚o͆͐ͪ͂̕͘͡͏̡̟̳͖̝̬̭̣̜̣̭̲̰̱̻ͅṴ̴̰̙̫̪̗̼̲̘͕͖͍͎̘̲͍̰̝̰ͥ͊ͮ̇ͬͯͮ̾̾ͩ̄̓̓ͬ͝N̶̺̫̖͙̹͈͙̪̱͕͌̇ͭ̽̌͑͊̎ͤ͛͗͊ͣ̇ͣ̍͊̀̚͞ͅt̛̛̞̱̤̝̱͈̣̭̜̝̹͍̺̫̻̪ͫ̉͗̆͋̇͑ͨ̽̌̚ͅͅa̷̴̧͓̬͕͇͕͇͚̙̅ͧ̒͋̄͝I̴ͦ͆ͧ́ͨ͂̍͐ͮͭ͗ͩ̍̋̈̂̒́͏̢̫͎̱͚̤̣̪̲̫̖͕̠̞ņ̸̷̸̭͓̗͇̝͎̞̩̬̣ͥ̊͛̒͌ͭ̿̔́ but I really can't help but telling someone about it. Scares the shit out of me even today.

I'd been to that place before, both during the day and the night. Originally I had no idea about the stories told of that place so never bothered looking for anything out of the oridinary. Just another location to loot in the zombie apocolypse.

After hearing about the cursed mountain, I decided to go check it out. It was night time on the server and my character had pretty much everything already. Ghillie suit, NVGs, GPS, and I had even found an L85 for spotting targets (I love sniping) earlier that night on a crashed helicopter near Stary.

Things were looking good and figured that I couldn't possibly have much to fear by checking the place out. Especially since there was only two other people online at this point and the sky was pretty overcast already, meaning anyone without NVGs probably wouldn't be able to see more than five meters in front of them, if that.

I began using Fraps to record, like I do when sniping. As I slowly approached the mountain I kept a sharp eye out, unsure of what I'd find. If anything. As I got closer I realized just how creepy the place looked late at night. Maybe it was just the stories I'd read about this place that had biased me, but it looked a lot more sinister than when I'd been there before.

Shrugging it off I snuck in past the zombies that were making their way out of the front gate fairly easily thanks to the low light conditions. Then, I began exploring. I wasn't sure what I was looking for but after about ten minutes I was getting a bit less paranoid and a bit more disappointed. There really wasn't anything here. Other than the pile of bodies that never ceases to creep me out.

I moved to the top of the tower to try and get a good view, figuring that maybe whatever is supposed to happen would trigger if I went up there (programmer logic ftw). Nothing. After another few minutes of looking around I got tired of it and stopped recording, deciding to head back to Stary and loot the tents before logging out in the area and doing some sniping the next day.

Wanting to make sure I didn't get a new hole torn in my backside as I left, I pulled out my shiny new L85 to check the area, making sure that me and the zombies below were the only ones on the mountain at the time. Once I got the scope up I scanned the area, noting the zombies and where they were so that I could sneak out easily when I decended back to ground level. Then I spotted something strange. A figure right in the treeline across from where I was standing was simply... standing there. Not moving, like all the other zombies.

At first I thought it was a player and almost freaked out, but thankfully I knew better than to just start shooting the instant you get sight of someone and so managed to look closer instead. I didn't see a cap, gun, or backpack on the model. In fact, it really didn't look like any survivor, bandit or hero, I had ever seen before. After all this time the thing still hadn't moved so I figured it could just be a glitched out zombie or maybe survivors just looked different in the L85 scope, especially since it was my first time really using it to spot somoene.

I lowered the scope and turned on my NVGs again, peering through the darkeness at.... Nothing. There was no one there. I could see the zombies I had spotted with the thermal scope, and I could see the trees right where the figure had been. But there was nothing there.

I probably spent a full minute staring at that spot, convinced it must be someone in ghillie suit and I just wasn't seeing them. But no, there really wasn't anything there. Tired of this, I checked the player list just to see how many people were online and froze when I realized that everyone else had logged off... I was alone.

That was enough for me, I decided to get the hell out of here. I hadn't even managed to record it but I honestly didn't care. I was officially freaked out. I turned back to move down the hallway that would take me to the ladder down the tower, and froze. My now paranoid eyes could clearly make out the black shape of what appeared to be a head poking out around the corner at me. But the worst part... was the fact that it had two white spots on it. Spots that looked a lot like eyes peering straight at me.

Naturally I nearly pissed myself, especially after the thermal scope incident. Not moving, I stared back at the strange thing, slowly beginning to wonder if perhaps it was just the angle I was looking at and something inside, perhaps pipes or something, was just making it appear as though there was some head with glowing eyes peering around the corner at me. It was exactly at this moment that suddenly, the head ducked back behind the corner. It moved.

Fuck this! I sprayed the corridor with gunfire from my still equipped L85, intent on killing whatever was screwing with me. After wasting a full clip on it, I stopped and waited. Silence. I couldn't even hear the usual sound of birds or wind. Thinking back, I'm not even sure I heard the zombies. Perhaps it was just my adrenaline that made me ignore such mundane sounds at this point... But then, none of the zombies had been aggro'ed when I fired my gun. Surely the L85 was loud enough to draw them in from right below me? Apparently not.

Zombies were the least of my worries though, and I swear I sat frozen for a good two-three minutes before I could move again. That hallway's image became burned into my mind after staring at it for so long, just waiting for that head.. those eyes... to look back in at me. I checked the player list again, just to be sure. Only one player online, me. That wasn't reassuring.

At this point I didn't care if the other person was a bandit looking to snipe me off the exposed tower, I just didn't want to be the only person online anymore. I considered just logging off but, ironically enough, I didn't want to risk logging back into an exposed position when I relogged onto a daytime server. Funny how priorities get all screwed up when the adrenaline gets flowing.

I checked my watch, server time was 2:40ish A.M. A chill ran down my spine as I remembered the stories and I decided to just book it. Screw the zombies, screw the world. I'm getting out. I took off running down the hallway, my eyes half shut just incase I saw that damned... thing when I got to the end of the hallway.

Thankfully it was all clear, but in a rush of fear I somehow managed to misclick and didn't climb the ladder like I thought I had told my character to do. Instead I watched in horror as my character simply ran off the edge of the opening and fell down the ladder shaft, unable to do anything until I heard the sickening crunch that resulted as my character hit the ground below. Knocked unconcious with little blood and a broken leg... What a way to get down this damned tower. Then I heard it, the sound of zombies chasing someone... Chasing me.

That had aggro'ed them while the gunfire hadn't?! I couldn't believe my luck. I watched through the black screen, unable to see anything as the zombies made their way slowly towards me. Sadly, I had been knocked out for just a few seconds too long and I could only wait as I heard the sounds of my nearly dead survivor being eaten alive, his screams filling the air. Didn't take long for the "You are dead" screen to pop up, but right before it did.... I could have sworn that I saw two white specs in the darkness. Like two eyes, watching me....

Edited by Professional N00b
  • Like 7

That tower must be destroyed!!

We need to create a clan dedicated to finding all the duped satchel charges we can and use them to blow up that entire God-forsaken complex to hell as often as possible.

P.S why is this thread not stickied?

• Like 1

We need to create a clan dedicated to finding all the duped satchel charges we can and use them to blow up that entire God-forsaken complex to hell as often as possible.

Doesn't work :(

Do not anger them!

You may be next...

Or just make a clan dedicated to finding anomalies in DayZ

• Like 1

I believe datguy tried to bring the Tower down - 60 satchel charges and it still stood!!

It is more evil then we thought. Perhaps it is better to leave it alone - mayne it does hold back the horde?

Green mountain should be left alone, really looking forward to rocket adding more storyline to green mountain

I dont know, i would love to be able to explore Green Mountain more. Perhaps there is a secret Military bunker underneath that was responsible for the Infection?

I thought Rocket loved the idea of having the players essentially make their own stories? That's what this thread is all about.

• Like 2

My Friends went to That place just to see what all the fuss was about. At the time everything seemed normal. The place was a little odd for sure but they made it in and out no big deal. On the way out however In a freak mouse incident one shot the other dead. In a grief stricken act of desperation the remaining one jumped off the tower to his death. They say you can see him falling off that tower some nights, trying to escape but That place.... once it has a hold of you, it will never let go.

Edited by Aviva
  • Like 3

Creepy stuff here. Don't think I can ever play on a night server again, even though I THOUGHT I had conquered that fear...