DemonGroover

Day Z Urban Legends

Funny i have had a couple of experiences where a shot has rung out and a zed has dropped.

• Like 2

Wow some really creepy stuff going on!

I was recently travelling north thinking I would hit Stary Sobor. I was infact further east and I think I happened on Polana. I was scoping out the town keeping a low profile because I could hear sniper shots reasonably close by, suddenly I hear footsteps and about turn. Standing there were 2 priests... They didn't do anything but follow my aim, it was very very weird and in the end I shot them thinking they would alert someone but they wouldn't die! I logged out to report it as a possible bug or hack but when I logged back in they were still there, prone this time.. I logged again and relogged in and they were gone :o

arma2oa2012-07-0721-03-57-20.jpg

• Like 3

Anyone ever had respawned in the ocean for no reason?

I respawned in the middle of the ocean and swam to a coast I saw in the distance. The land had no grass, seemed as if someone burned every tree, bush and piece of grass of the land. The only 2 things I saw there was cows, and a lot of them, and a radio tower. Anyone else ever made it there?

once i was looking at cherno firestation through my binoc's and i saw a bike on the roof i was like wtf how the wtf did wtf.

• Like 1

Once, I was walking into a bandit ambush when a loud noise blew his cover. After a brief gunfight his AK finally went silenced. Carefully approaching his location revealed three other corpses and a can of beans lying there on the ground.

This had to be my luckiest day cause I was starving to death and had no food left on me. I immediately ate the beans and was excited even more to see the can still sitting in my inventory. Was it a glitch or a bug? Must be I thought, as I ate from it few more times to replenish my health.

Then, all of a sudden, I hear footsteps not so far away from me. Instinctivly I go prone and crawl to the side to get a better view. And there I get the sight of another unaware survivior walking right into my trap. Being in a perfect position for an ambush this great day was just about to turn into a fucking great day. Just need to let him come closer few more steps....PppffffferrrrrrRRrrrrrt!!!

• Like 15

This thread is awesome! :)

Don't read it at night though.. you'll get the creeps for sure!

I have heard several stories of people being "kidnapped" in-game by bandits :/

Once' date=' I was walking into a bandit ambush when a loud noise blew his cover. After a brief gunfight his AK finally went silenced. Carefully approaching his location revealed three other corpses and a can of beans lying there on the ground.

This had to be my luckiest day cause I was starving to death and had no food left on me. I immediately ate the beans and was excited even more to see the can still sitting in my inventory. Was it a glitch or a bug? Must be I thought, as I ate from it few more times to replenish my health.

Then, all of a sudden, I hear footsteps not so far away from me. Instinctivly I go prone and crawl to the side to get a better view. And there I get the sight of another unaware survivior walking right into my trap. Being in a perfect position for an ambush this great day was just about to turn into a fucking great day. Just need to let him come closer few more steps....[b']PppffffferrrrrrRRrrrrrt!!!

Really? Did you really fall for that?

Didn't you learn the lesson of the four other guys?!

Anyone know any weird stories about Green Mountain - always freaks me out that place!?

How fortuitous that you mentioned GM. I had been there recently and the trip was most unsettling.

After our server was "wiped" by a hacker (he telekilled everyone on the server, shortly after I spawned 50m away from where he did it. Yay for free gear) I decided to make a trip up to GM before I hit up NWAF.

The trees were silent, not even the sound of the wind whistling through them could be heard. I payed little to no attention to that as I ran through them before quieting my approach to the radio tower. When I got to the road I saw a distinctive lack of bodies, both walking and still. Chalking it up to a bug I walked through the front gate.

I began to notice the lack of the flies from the nearby body pile. I climbed the tower and checked for loot. A couple tin cans, and a jerry can, nothing outstanding. Choosing to survey the surroundings and make sure I wasn't being watched I opened the door to the catwalk. For a second I thought I saw someone to the left but when I dragged my view in that direction again the area was empty. I quickly made my way around the catwalk and when I got the the body pile I saw it.

The body pile was filled with the fresh dead, even from up here there was no buzzing and I could see the pigment from their faces had not faded, or rather that they used human textures instead of burned or zombie ones.

Climbing down I wanted to make sure my game wasn't just bugging out and approached the pile again. The flies were still missing but the humans were still there. Once I got close enough I saw the study body option pop up. Studying it I saw a players name: Matt.

Me: hey Matt I just found your body.

Matt: ??

Me: The one by green mountain.

Matt: I haven't been that way dude.

Me: Really? Maybe it was someone else then.

I studied a few more bodies and each of them had the name of a player on the server. There were only about five and none of the players (that responded to me) had been in green mountain, or even knew of the place.

I decided to get out of the place since I had broadcasted my position 5 times now. And as I left I heard a thud behind me, I turned but saw nothing, and quickly evacuated the area.

I made my way to vybor and when I got there I saw more text chat.

Matt: Fuck you Aeon.

Me: ?

Matt: You fucking pussy ass camper.

Me: What are you talking about.

Matt: I went to Green mountain and you sniped me as soon as I got in there.

Me: Dude I think you got bandited by someone else, I'm nowhere near there.

Matt: Sure you are. Having fun luring noobs into Gm to kill with your silenced sniper?

Me: ...There are no silenced snipers in dayZ.

Matt: So I got killed by a hacker? Fantastic.

Me: I didn't kill you dude.

Matt: Fuck you.

Matt has disconnected.

This happened a couple more times to the others whose bodies I saw in the pile. Finally someone else showed up there...

Alex: hey Aeon you still here?

Me: yeah

Alex: at Green Mountain?

Me: no dude. Like I said to the other guys, I'm not fucking at Green Mountain, I was at Vybor and now I'm somewhere between the NWAF and Grishino.

Alex: Alright, but I found your body.

Me: what body?

Alex: the one in the pile.

Me: I haven't died yet though.

Alex: well the other guys are all gone and now your body is the only one left.

Me:...

I haven't been back since.

Now that is more like it!!!

I will not be heading back!

• Like 1

How fortuitous that you mentioned GM. I had been there recently and the trip was most unsettling.

After our server was "wiped" by a hacker (he telekilled everyone on the server, shortly after I spawned 50m away from where he did it. Yay for free gear) I decided to make a trip up to GM before I hit up NWAF.

The trees were silent, not even the sound of the wind whistling through them could be heard. I payed little to no attention to that as I ran through them before quieting my approach to the radio tower. When I got to the road I saw a distinctive lack of bodies, both walking and still. Chalking it up to a bug I walked through the front gate.

I began to notice the lack of the flies from the nearby body pile. I climbed the tower and checked for loot. A couple tin cans, and a jerry can, nothing outstanding. Choosing to survey the surroundings and make sure I wasn't being watched I opened the door to the catwalk. For a second I thought I saw someone to the left but when I dragged my view in that direction again the area was empty. I quickly made my way around the catwalk and when I got the the body pile I saw it.

The body pile was filled with the fresh dead, even from up here there was no buzzing and I could see the pigment from their faces had not faded, or rather that they used human textures instead of burned or zombie ones.

Climbing down I wanted to make sure my game wasn't just bugging out and approached the pile again. The flies were still missing but the humans were still there. Once I got close enough I saw the study body option pop up. Studying it I saw a players name: Matt.

Me: hey Matt I just found your body.

Matt: ??

Me: The one by green mountain.

Matt: I haven't been that way dude.

Me: Really? Maybe it was someone else then.

I studied a few more bodies and each of them had the name of a player on the server. There were only about five and none of the players (that responded to me) had been in green mountain, or even knew of the place.

I decided to get out of the place since I had broadcasted my position 5 times now. And as I left I heard a thud behind me, I turned but saw nothing, and quickly evacuated the area.

I made my way to vybor and when I got there I saw more text chat.

Matt: Fuck you Aeon.

Me: ?

Matt: You fucking pussy ass camper.

Me: What are you talking about.

Matt: I went to Green mountain and you sniped me as soon as I got in there.

Me: Dude I think you got bandited by someone else, I'm nowhere near there.

Matt: Sure you are. Having fun luring noobs into Gm to kill with your silenced sniper?

Me: ...There are no silenced snipers in dayZ.

Matt: So I got killed by a hacker? Fantastic.

Me: I didn't kill you dude.

Matt: Fuck you.

Matt has disconnected.

This happened a couple more times to the others whose bodies I saw in the pile. Finally someone else showed up there...

Alex: hey Aeon you still here?

Me: yeah

Alex: at Green Mountain?

Me: no dude. Like I said to the other guys, I'm not fucking at Green Mountain, I was at Vybor and now I'm somewhere between the NWAF and Grishino.

Alex: Alright, but I found your body.

Me: what body?

Alex: the one in the pile.

Me: I haven't died yet though.

Alex: well the other guys are all gone and now your body is the only one left.

Me:...

I haven't been back since.

Holy crap. I don't ever want to go to Green Mountain now. I'll avoid that place for the rest of my DayZ.

Ohh... Green Mountain. Had plenty of scares up there. Swore I saw a team sneak through the norther portion of the woods one day when I was on overwatch on the antenna. But my buddies who were waiting near the deer stands never saw neither hide nor hair of the guys.

I've heard about these things....these things that let ordinary people see...IN THE DARK! You apparently wear them on your face but...but I've never seen them...

• Like 2

I've heard about these things....these things that let ordinary people see...IN THE DARK! You apparently wear them on your face but...but I've never seen them...

I too have heard strange things....of a magical instrument that heals broken bones instantly......

• Like 2

You guys ever hear of that thing that kills people?

I've never seen a bullet before, but I've heard that they're really, really deadly.

I find it hard to suspend my disbelief, though. I mean, how deadly can they be? Right?

I just read through this entire thread.... and it's midnight. Fuck I'm scared right now. It's amazing the affect video games can have on you.

• Like 7

Do to one of Rockets anti-hack schemes you could possibly turn into a boar if you enter a crashed heli which is obviously fixed now but I swear when I'm in the woods I hear talking but no is around except for some animals its creepy to me at least.

• Like 2

I'm always running into ghosts in the Barracks of the NW Airfield. They disappear and reappear as they please. This happens so often that I don't understand why nobody else has saw them. Am I going insane? Are the beans getting into my head?

Story about 4 guys in ghillie suits in the forest that sneak up to you, smack you to make you faint, pull you into a box of wire fencing and watch you starve. Then in direct chat they say, "Welcome to Hell."

• Like 1

I got a less scary story its actually kinda funny. So one day I was in Cherno in one of my favorite loot spots an I see what is about 30+ zombies spawn and walk directly into one of the coffee shops and I was watching completely shocked to see what appeared to be a group of zombies getting coffee I though maybe a player was in there but no ten minutes later they all left and went on their marry way. I shit you not this story is true.

• Like 1

My friend and I were moving through the forests around black lake, heading up and west towards the airfield - the whole time we were making our way through the trees I would hear these footsteps behind us, my friend heard nothing and I never spotted anything moving.

I was in the lead and just as we cleared the woods I turned back to make sure my buddy was still with me and managed to take this screenshot before I hit ALT-F4.

Needless to say we have never been back.

I don't see anything. O_o