Sign in to follow this  
mike49

Anyone else finds more people in the mod than in SA?

I find a lot more people, a lot more friendly people in the mod than I do in the stand alone. In SA, everyone tries to kill you with whatever melee weapons they have, not trying to team up or even work together for a little while. I've worked with other armed players (even bandits) that didn't try to kill me at the first opportunity. This has never ever happened to me in SA. Plus, it actually feels like you're more likely to bump into other players in random towns or villages, outsize Berezino/Elektro, which are the two main hubs in SA.

Anyone else found this to be true?

I find a lot more people, a lot more friendly people in the mod than I do in the stand alone. In SA, everyone tries to kill you with whatever melee weapons they have, not trying to team up or even work together for a little while. I've worked with other armed players (even bandits) that didn't try to kill me at the first opportunity. This has never ever happened to me in SA. Plus, it actually feels like you're more likely to bump into other players in random towns or villages, outsize Berezino/Elektro, which are the two main hubs in SA.

tis true to the core when you are on stable branch. but playing on the expiremental branch almost everyone is friendly, about 8/10 times they will help you, give you a new item in game, etc.

tis true to the core when you are on stable branch. but playing on the expiremental branch almost everyone is friendly, about 8/10 times they will help you, give you a new item in game, etc.

My experience with experimental - go into house, no loot, run out - LEGS BREAK. Alt-f4. NOPE.

In most mod servers there is tons of easy to get loot, end game loot to that, so people are not so scared to be KoSed on sight and thus more friendly encounters (most mod servers has 10 barracks added to every town and village etc.)

In SA (luckly and I hope it will stay that way) good weapons and items takes some effort to get so people are scared to get KoSed so they KoS instead of teaming up with random people.

Can you guess why? :)

The answer is pretty simple: Unlike Standalone,freshpawns in the mod can't fist fight!

Without a hatchet or a ranged weapon,a player in the mod had no means of defending himself.

This worked to the game's advantage,freshpawns were extra cautious around zombies and heroes were a viable playstyle,as there were indeed people in need of protection.

By the time the melee system was first implemented in SA,the people's mentality radically changed.

Player interaction was devolved into the all too common freshpawn wars and geared players developed paronoia and fear around them.

People in the mod were safe around unarmed freshpawns as they were harmless.

However in SA the danger always looms of the ever so friendly freshpawn,punching your lights out and finishing you off,using your own weapon.

• Like 2

Can you guess why? :)

The answer is pretty simple: Unlike Standalone,freshpawns in the mod can't fist fight!

Without a hatchet or a ranged weapon,a player in the mod had no means of defending himself.

This worked to the game's advantage,freshpawns were extra cautious around zombies and heroes were a viable playstyle,as there were indeed people in need of protection.

By the time the melee system was first implemented in SA,the people's mentality radically changed.

Player interaction was devolved into the all too common freshpawn wars and geared players developed paronoia and fear around them.

People in the mod were safe around unarmed freshpawns as they were harmless.

However in SA the danger always looms of the ever so friendly freshpawn,punching your lights out and finishing you off,using your own weapon.

That's also true. I remember being friendly in mod when I was unarmed.

However when I've found even an axe I would whip it out first occasion to backstab other "friendly" bambi.

That's also true. I remember being friendly in mod when I was unarmed.

However when I've found even an axe I would whip it out first occasion to backstab other "friendly" bambi.

But it needs to be noted,that the hatchet in the mod wasn't as effective as in the Standalone. :)

Two swings with the fireaxe and the victim is unconcsious.

However in the mod,it was very clunky and unreliable.

if i remember correctly you had to swing multiple times and was almost impossible to get a headshot.

It was very difficult to win against an armed player.

• Like 1

Playing Breaking Pint and Epoch ATM: people are much friendlier there, but still KoSng maniacs are the majority.

My experience with experimental - go into house, no loot, run out - LEGS BREAK. Alt-f4. NOPE.

You haven't played exp. in awhile?

.58 is less broken than stable.

• Like 1

In most mod servers there is tons of easy to get loot, end game loot to that, so people are not so scared to be KoSed on sight and thus more friendly encounters (most mod servers has 10 barracks added to every town and village etc.)

In SA (luckly and I hope it will stay that way) good weapons and items takes some effort to get so people are scared to get KoSed so they KoS instead of teaming up with random people.

I only play 1.8.6.1 vanilla servers

You haven't played exp. in awhile?

.58 is less broken than stable.

This happened on 0.58 lol - literally first house I went into. This never happened on previous builds. 

Edited by mike49

This happened on 0.58 lol

Wow, I'm just having a blast on exp, better fps, hunting for truck parts, etc. not interested in everyone having an a AK land right now. 

Wow, I'm just having a blast on exp, better fps, hunting for truck parts, etc. not interested in everyone having an a AK land right now. 

FPS was also just as bad as on stable :/ lucky you