fluidical

Reduce CPU load.

I was curious of which settings use CPU and which settings use GPU in the DayZ settings as I'm trying to reduce my CPU load. My GPU is good and my CPU is mid-range so I'm wondering what to tweak down and what to tweak up to get optimal performance. Any suggestions?

This post isn't just for me, there's quite a few survivors in the same position as me so the answer to this question will undoubtedly help hundreds if they stumble across it.

I am guessing that everything uses CPU in DayZ...

I am guessing that everything uses CPU in DayZ...

Well from some research I'm done ramping up certain settings reduces cpu load and increases gpu load... I'll experiment and see what I find best for me and I'll post some screenies here

What is your general / average GPU-Load while playing?

Well from some research I'm done ramping up certain settings reduces cpu load and increases gpu load... I'll experiment and see what I find best for me and I'll post some screenies here

I think the problem is that it isn't just one specific setting or group of settings. I pulled up a monitoring program on one of my other screens and adjusted things until they looked nice AND balanced the load between my GPU and CPU.