Sign in to follow this  
Spyro (DayZ)

Ability To Set Off Car Alarms To Attract Zombies Or Escape Them.

It would be cool to be able to somehow set off a car alarm to attract zombies for an escape or even a trap! It would be funny to see someone looting a car while another person shoots it causing the alarm to sound causing a horde of zombies to come running towards it. Maybe even the ability to set a trap so whoever opens a door to the vehicle sets off its alarm. It could also be used as a way to tell if someone is in your area. Thoughts?

In Soviet Chernarus, car have alarm?

• Like 6

Don't most cars have alarms? 

Not really.  Mine doens't and its a 2006 toyota.

It was interesting in Dying Light, not sure if it would work the same for DayZ.

if i remember correctly i blew you up with it, haha.

Thing is, most cars in-game are completely wrecked and even if they had an alarm, it would not likely be functional. It could be implemented for some of the drivable vehicles though.

we are getting a bull horn and those well the one i had you could turn an alarm on and it could be heard for blocks since they already have the bullhorn or are working on it just add the alarm function turn on and drop on the ground and it can irritate everyone in cluding zeds with in a few 100m till the batteries run out lol.

It would be cool to be able to somehow set off a car alarm to attract zombies for an escape or even a trap! It would be funny to see someone looting a car while another person shoots it causing the alarm to sound causing a horde of zombies to come running towards it. Maybe even the ability to set a trap so whoever opens a door to the vehicle sets off its alarm. It could also be used as a way to tell if someone is in your area. Thoughts?

Great idea although I think a Lada with a car alarm would be one of the funniest things imaginable...