Death By Crowbar

Gave out 3 guns to a nice group of bambis, lol, you see where this is going...

I recently had a pretty good run and thanks to loot Christmas .57 I was loaded to the gills from the guard houses in Berezino. So I run south and run into 3 different bambis all begging me to kill them. So I do, even though it's no sport, but if it saves them time at least I'm doing something good.

I finally get down to Solnichny and I find a guy in one of those red brick buildings trying to fend off 3 zombies with a hammer. I dispatch the zombies with my rak and we strike up a conversation. Then some girl comes running with another bambi chasing her trying to knock her out, so I shoot that guy. I'm feeling good about saving 2 people! Then we hear music and a 3rd guy shows up playing country music. We dance in the middle of the street as I dispatch zombies that keep coming. Icing on the cake was a truck kept coming by to listen to the music. It *seemed* all was right in Chernarus, for once.

Finally everyone talks about going off to loot together. Feeling super hero like I had 2 loaded handguns and a spare loaded SKS. I drop one for everyone, the chick took the SKS and the guys took the handguns. Everyone seems super happy, we're all packing heat, a group hug ensues. The music guy is playing, "Why can't we be friends!" It's a super rare moment in the life of a survivor.

... one of the handguns goes off, and my black screen says, "You are dead."

It was fun while it lasted, lol. I always knew you can't trust anyone, but I was curious if Chernarus would allow a happy ending for once. At least I know it wasn't the chick with the SKS that did it!

• Like 10

I did that too actually only mine turned out a little better, gave a guy an AK74U and like 3 mags and he thanked me and when't on his way. I guess some people are more greatful then others, No extra chatter when you died? gunshots?

No... but I did gear up and go back to Solnichny again. A guy with a trumpet and no ammo I gave 2 boxes of .22, and this time I had 2 loaded rifles and 3 loaded pistols. However, as I ran around the town closing all the doors so I'd know when someone was in the town someone blind side sniped me, I never even heard a shot - but I saw my gear disappearing off my hotkey slots.

Fun experiment, but reaffirms the golden rules of Chernarus:

1. Never trust anyone.

2. Never assume you're alone.

• Like 1

It would be nice for a change if people that claimed to be friendly actually stayed friendly to the end.

Seems to me like almost everyone is secretly planning to take you out when you least expect it.

I have fallen victim of such people countless times.

For me,there's no honor in such tactics.

Yeah sure,it pays off in the end but in my book that's the lowest of the low.

KOS is a thousand times more acceptable than having to deal with backstabbing serpents accidentally born human.

Edited by Damnyourdeadman
  • Like 3

Somebody always dies on the coast. The only reason I go back is to hunt bambi snipers.

• Like 2

Somebody always dies on the coast. The only reason I go back is to hunt bambi snipers.

I thought the only reason was to find netting for a gun wrap? ^_^

• Like 5

That sucks OP, sounds like an epic time.

It only takes one opportunist to ruin something great for someone, unfortunately.

Though, in my very most recent play on Blue Waffle #3 server, I actually found some fun people, and had a great, if simple, time in Berenzino with people I've met (admittedly, outside of Beranzino technically)

A couple day ago, I had some good luck:
On Blue Waffle Attack Force #3 server. [hahaha, also eww. But also a decent server]
Found a truck halfway west,
Decided to drive it down to the coast, for some reason. [my big bro had gotten good gear for me, including gillie hood, and died in his own good gear. Maybe I had a death wish, in my mourning]
Going past the factory outside Berenzino, I found a bambie in a black Tshirt, and slowed down for him to jump in.
Tried talking to him on the mic as we drove, but he couldn't hear me [or I thought at the time, though my mic was perfectly working, and I waited for him to be in the vehicle to talk], and he didn't have a mic. His gaming text were very very brief.
Suspicious.
Going up the hill on toward the higher elevated part of Beranzino [that junkard up in the hills on the outskirts used to be a great spot for backpacks and simple ammo/guns, and some food. Apparently, not anymore]
My laptop has an internet hiccup, and I'm kicked from the server. 
I spawn back in, the truck 20ft behind me.
Another bambie, some new guy in a tan shirt and white armband, was attempting to start it up, and jumped out immediately when he saw me in my geared up character.
Latino guy: "Hey bro, you can have it back man, sorry!"
*thinking my mic still isn't working, I text back:* "nah it's cool, im where I wanna be anyway. you can take the truck."
But as I run away, they both jump out and follow.
Okay. I tell them I'll show them around, guide them to the guardhouses, and get them geared up.
[found out my mic was working in the first place. Suspicion grows further]
So we delve into the upper part of Berezinio, with the statue and the guardhouse nearby.
I'm dropping zombies left and right as Black and Tan scramble [i couldn't pulse them for their names for some reason, so they are Black and Tan here on out]. [Also, fucking zombies in .57?...awesome, sweet experiance! One shot-ing zombies as my bambies move up!]
We make it to the guard house outside the hospital.

Black shirt gets there first [guy without mic and barely communicating], and picks up the AK-74.
When Tan shirt gets there, I let them know that all I want is the backpack for my smersh vest. I call dibs on that, and they can take whatever else.
We go downhill toward the main city. 
Me and Tan [Latino guy with mic] are alone fore a second. He found an SKS and some ammo, and told me when he found it.
As we are alone, I converse with him "Look, you got some ammo, and I'm decently geared [i also had an SKS, an a good amount of ammo], but if that guy find a clip for that auto, he can fuck us up."
Tan agrees. "Yeah man, I don't trust him. He ain't even using the mic, I don't like him."
We get a little lower in elevation, forward more toward familiar Berenzino. We search a few random houses, and outside one of them, as Tan is searching inside, I call silent Black over:
"Hey, dude, near this lumber pile here. I think I see a clip? Or ammo for your gun? Check it out, I can't tell on my screen." 
Black, [reluctantly, after a subtle dumping of persuasion], checks the corner of the lumber pile. Tan has just come out of the building, and is looking on at what he figures is about to unfold.
I pull out my 1911, and as he back away from the corner after searching, I pop a bullet in the back of his skull.
"Sorry man! Welcome to DayZ!" Yelps Tan. I also yelp my apologizes, and we make our way out.
We hit the schoolhouse, the guard post, and the other guard posts. Tan leads the way, as I have been unfamiliar with Berenzino's layout since .57. [Or so I told him]
I never trusted Tan completely, and even jokingly mentioned it to him. But he stayed true. Never back-stabbed me the whole time. And I was very scared (maybe even out of  guilt), that he would.
We check the three guard houses. Second one, Tan yells that "Someone's here! He's armed!"
I turn and see a guy with a pistol aimed at me. I thought I was dead, don't even bother to spacebar my gun up.
But he turns and runs... for some reason.
Tan goes to flank him, I try to yell that "we're friendly". (that's how I felt at the moment, didn't want to shoot him, when he didn't shoot at all)
Can't find him. Trying to follow tan. Lose Tan.
Run around a corner, find Tan. 
Tan is engaged in a close quarter firefight with him. Pistol guy hits him three times.
While this is happening, I kneel and fire off several SKS shots into pistol guy. He goes down. 
Me and tan continue on. As he's bandaging in a nearby shed, we hear more pistol rounds go off.
We wait a second, then charge out.
Can't find him, but see infected running the opposite direction down the road.
We search last guard house, check a few buildings, go to police station, try and get a PM73 clip off the top of a shelf in a three stooges manner, then head down the street, enter fire station. Check it out.
We clear the place, and I ask him to cover me as I drink some water. As he's covering me, and I finish a waterbottle off, I see him desyncing across the floor, sliding in his armed stance to the left. 
I figure it's a reset, as I'm not able to interact with my innovatory. But as I log off and see the lobby, I realize it's not.

My laptop wifi pooped again. By the time I get it working, I decide against logging back on in the middle of a firestation. [if you can guess what time I'm try and log back in there, you might get some free loot, and also probably you're an asshole :)]
It was a shame: he was just about to add me on steam for further adventures. :C

Edited by Deadjuice
  • Like 1

Accidental discharge, surely there was no malicious intent ;).

Crazy thing is, there is a rather high probability that you are right on the money. 

Giving a gun to a newcomer of dayz, is like giving a gun to a monkey. :D

• Like 3

Crazy thing is, there is a rather high probability that you are right on the money. 

Giving a gun to a newcomer of dayz, is like giving a gun to a monkey. :D

I find monkeys to have more intelligence than a good chunk of the playerbase.....

• Like 1

I once shot at two people on the coast and the guy infront turned around and shot the second. I've always assumed he believed the second guy botched a backstab.

I accidently ruined a temporary friendship.

• Like 3

I once snuck into a large group of people talking in direct. I hid and fired a lone Mosin shot at one of the 4 at very close range. He screams out, "YOU BACKSTABBING CUNT!" And smokes one of the guys carrying a Mosin with his Shotgun, before being killed by the other two, who I proceeded to kill when they looted the bodies.

All dat loot, all dat lost friendship.

• Like 2

I remember the other day when I hit northern Berezino on the WOBO server, always full pop. I met several freshies and low-geared folks there. Feeling particularly science-y that day, I decided to verify one of the most fundamental rules on this forum - never give ammo to stranger, especially for a gun you know he has. So I did just that twice within 10 minutes and not only I didn't get shot, I was actually given a brand new MP5K by one of the two guys (no ammo tho). The fun part was that the gun itself was similarly a gift from another guy, so we live in a place where a super rare submachine (I had never have it before) changed hands twice in Berezino on account of sheer generosity.

We quickly made good friends with the guys I gave ammo to. We run around more, helped more freshies, one of them sneak attacked us, some people died, some logged off, some succumbed to zeds. After an hour, I was completely alone in Berezino, 6-8 dead guys around me, 30+ dead zeds lying in piles, an MP5K in my backpack. I had some trouble believing that that actually had happened. So instead of that narrow "never trust anyone", I follow a more general rule, "In Chernarus, anything possible can and will happen." There is literally no other sure-fire rule than that.