Sign in to follow this  
jtberry2000

Fun with Spawning

So, I logged out with a fully geared character in Elektro. 2 days later, I log back in... as a fresh spawn on the coast near Berezino. Oh well. Dayz being Dayz. So I loot around Berezino for over an hour and find NOTHING. Literally nothing. My guy is starving. At the risk of being accused of server hopping, I change servers...as my fully geared character in Elektro. Has anyone else had this happen, and anyone else ever found a completely empty loot server? (alpha?):D

Was on the exact same server type? When dickong around on othwr servers I have logged off and when attempting to log back in to that server And it has changed from public to private. Of course joining a public server again restores my character. Just a thought.

Was on the exact same server type? When dickong around on othwr servers I have logged off and when attempting to log back in to that server And it has changed from public to private. Of course joining a public server again restores my character. Just a thought.

I have 7 or 8 public servers in my favorites, only ones I play on. I thought maybe at first it was a server mistake on my part too. Just wierd.

Seen it mentioned before here in the forums. Seems it can be fixed by restarting the game itself. Something about the server not sending/receiving the correct up-to-date info about your character and gear etc. Same with loot. The server will be empty and once you restart the game and log back in to the very same server it should now have loot.

Paraphrasing and all that but something to try next time it happens.

Purple monkey dishwasher.

It happens sometimes. Some servers dont seem to be able to connect to their hive. Also a lot of people dont seem to get the thing with 1pp,3pp and private hives having different characters.

That sound exactly like the server not being connected to the hive. This prevents loot from spawning and characters from being loaded. Though I would leave immediately as it might wipe your old character if the connection is restored.