MadMcardle

16 hours in, met my first player!

As I clicked on this thread, I predicted that the OP was going to tell us about how he got shot. I'm just surprised he lived. Intuitively, it feels like this game would inspire cooperation at least some of the time. All noobs to DayZ go through the same process. Get killed X times before you understand that you should avoid all player "interaction" if you value your life. 

. All noobs to DayZ who haven't seen any youtube videos go through the same process. Get killed X times before you understand that you should avoid all player "interaction" if you value your life. 

Fixed that for ya. I know a few days late but a bunch of people who are looking into the game before spending the money come in thinking they have to kill everyone. So unfortunately they seek out player interaction with the intent on killing them. 

Of course there are also those who fall under your original description who eventually learn that the game in its current form isn't that exciting without the interaction and gradually return for the smell of blood. 

I'm a bit curious about how OP is doing now. I'd like to see some of his updates on the "how was your dayz" thread (cough- hint- cough)