Sign in to follow this  
Dan92Nor

Item Condition

Hi!

Im just wondering what things in dayz changes the condition off a item?

For example the other day one guy attacked me with an axe and some off my items after i killed him had gone from pristine to worn or badly damaged.

So is it any other things that can change the condition off items,clothes, guns, and so on? or is it just in battle stuff get destroyed?

Hits from infected or z's will damage your stuff. And the more damage your clothes are the more damage hit's will inflict on your char and stuff. After an attack do an inventory check and fix/replace badly damaged clothes and bags. Check weapons and ammo.

Nothing worse that being in the middle of some action just to find out that the magazine you were bargaining on is ruined.

Hi!

Im just wondering what things in dayz changes the condition off a item?

For example the other day one guy attacked me with an axe and some off my items after i killed him had gone from pristine to worn or badly damaged.

So is it any other things that can change the condition off items,clothes, guns, and so on? or is it just in battle stuff get destroyed?

• Anything can be damaged through trauma (being hit, falling, crashing a truck, being shot). This will be roughly relative to where you are struck - so if you fall off something and break your legs, your shoes and trousers will be damaged, as will items within them. If you die to a hot in the head, items in your backpack and clothing should not be damaged.
  • Footwear degrades over time (the more you run about in it, the faster it goes from P to D to R). Fixable with leather repair kit.
  • Weapons briefly degraded according to use (in 0.54 and 0.55 - if I remember right), but that doesn't seem to be operating in 0.57, or if it is, it's very slow. Fixable with Weapon repair kit.
  • Silencers will degrade according to the calibre of the weapon being fired with them (so .22 should be a bit slower than 7.62x54)
  • Food (meat, open cans, fruit, etc) does not degrade.
  • Using other items for some tasks will cause them to degrade (such as using knives to open cans, or axes to cut wood or kill Zs)
  • Using repair kits of one kind or another will degrade them relative to the scale of the fix involved (so going from badly damaged to pristine will likely reduce your sewing kit from pristine to damaged).

I don't think anything else degrades, but not sure about things like bows, fishing rods, etc.

• Like 3

Regular use can wear down items, shoes most notably but also melee weapons and guns.  

Crashing in a truck or falling -if it doesn't kill you first- can ruin your shoes (and pants also I believe).

edit: ninja'd (and a much better answer too!)  :P

Edited by GaryWalnuts

That was helpfull, thanks for the fast answeres

Edited by Dan92Nor

Fancy leather shoes get damaged pretty fast if you make in them few kilometers.

Fancy leather shoes get damaged pretty fast if you make in them few kilometers.

on the off-topic of shoes - I've been hoping that they'd make the shoes with more variables.

I know that wellies and jungle boots don't get wet and military boots will carry the combat knife.

I'd like to see running shoes a bit quieter than say combat boots, but combat boots lasting much longer.

Hiking boots might prevent ankle sprain from slight falls but wear out quickly on paved roads

- or adding in slippers that are super-quiet but would get ruined after a 1 km run, that sort of thing

• Like 2