peetar27

Hunting Backpack

I can't find any hunting backpacks since .57 release. Any help where to look/guaranteed areas where I will find one?

I have literally only come across one in my travels and that was near a random car on the side of a random building in zeleno

This is the reason why the final release needs to have all loot including the best stuff and military gear spawn totally randomly with rarity defined by the zones Hicks discussed in the last status report.

One of the things that ruins a game like this is players dashing to the "guaranteed" loot spots to gear up quickly (usually so they can get back to PvP'ing) rather than playing for immersion surviving as they go.

It ruins the fun of discovery running to the forums to meta for info so you can server hop a spot for the gear you want.

Having the best items always spawning at the same locations gives power to server hoppers and loot whores, along with KOS'ing PvP'ers.

Just an observation, but good luck and who am I to tell you how to play, right?

• Like 2

I have found only two in .57 stable, both in the small garden shed shown below

1xNyo38.jpg

ditto, found mine inside this.  Seems every second one I open is a loot-splosion.. =)

I seem to be finding more of them than ever, usually in civilian loot spots.

Next to a car in dubky.

On the back of a person that I killed today. Oh wait.. his friend had one too.

Edited by Insoliciously

This is the reason why the final release needs to have all loot including the best stuff and military gear spawn totally randomly with rarity defined by the zones Hicks discussed in the last status report.

One of the things that ruins a game like this is players dashing to the "guaranteed" loot spots to gear up quickly (usually so they can get back to PvP'ing) rather than playing for immersion surviving as they go.

It ruins the fun of discovery running to the forums to meta for info so you can server hop a spot for the gear you want.

Having the best items always spawning at the same locations gives power to server hoppers and loot whores, along with KOS'ing PvP'ers.

Discovering changes (not necessarily loot location), is one of the most enjoyable parts of the game to me.  However I know that's not true for everybody, so if somebody asks for locations here in the forums I don't see the harm in sharing.  These locations are short-lived and likely to change with the updates anyway.

• Like 2

Discovering changes (not necessarily loot location), is one of the most enjoyable parts of the game to me.  However I know that's not true for everybody, so if somebody asks for locations here in the forums I don't see the harm in sharing.  These locations are short-lived and likely to change with the updates anyway.

I understand that, and I feel that too - about discovering loot.  But the bummer is that it does empower server hoppers, which I think is a big problem in a game like this. It's a really cheap way to play that puts the player who actually travels the map to find gear at a big disadvantage.  A server hopper can wipe out many servers worth of the best stuff at a given location in not much time at all.

• Like 1

I've found two or three on the dead bodies of people I've murdered. It seems to be a pretty consistent spawn.

• Like 1

I understand that, and I feel that too - about discovering loot.  But the bummer is that it does empower server hoppers, which I think is a big problem in a game like this. It's a really cheap way to play that puts the player who actually travels the map to find gear at a big disadvantage.  A server hopper can wipe out many servers worth of the best stuff at a given location in not much time at all.

Some randomness is good but things should be found for the most part where you'd expect them to be.  Finding military loot in military buildings, tools in tool sheds etc.

Seems like your issue is more with server hopping though.  I think the server design is pretty shit for this kinda game honestly, especially once persistence and base building and that sorta stuff becomes a main thing.  The only nice part about being able to move between servers is keeping a fresh/varied population, but there's so many drawbacks that I think they should have just done away with it from the start.

Fortunately there's a way around that in the form of private shards.

Metagaming does suck though, but there's no real way around that.

• Like 1