LeBus

My problem with DayZ Standalone

People need to understand that a large part of the community like these incredibly easy, non-challenging mods. But if you don't like it then there would still be the standard build to go play on.

Rant all you want BulletGarden, but that's a genuine desire from people. I'd gladly invite you to my forums to speak amongst 350+ people who play dayz on a regular basis, they will all share opinions close to mine.

You're too self-serving, LeBus. Bring up mods when the game has been completed, released, and played by the general public. You can't mod a game while its in development. Are you that clueless? If the community can't wait for the game's release before modding it, then they're just as selfish as you are.

What part about "alpha" don't you understand? The game is being "modded" as we speak. It's called "game development". Just because you're not accepting the process doesn't mean the game needs modding to save its future.

You might want to write your thoughts down on paper before typing them here. Because what you're writing here doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Sorry.

That's hilarious that you think all communities are pay 2 win, shows that you don't know much about them, sure there are some but you'd have to be clueless to play on those servers.

I just see this whole modding thing as better sooner than later because I have spoken to 100+ active dayz mod players and they have all been on a similar wavelength. Believe what you want, people will get bored of coming back to the same old constantly.

And you can't mod an incomplete game? So Garry's mod is complete? Many mods for that. So The DayZ mod is complete? Sure as he'll isn't complete but many mods for that. Let's get away from this 'alpha' excuse. The game has been out for around 18 months, how much has it developed? Honestly not that much.

And anyone who thinks the DayZ SA community has 3m+ users is clearly deluded. It's not even in the top 30 most played on steam.

And anyone who thinks the DayZ SA community has 3m+ users is clearly deluded. It's not even in the top 30 most played on steam.

Where DayZ stands on Steam is irrelevant. You clearly have a really THICK skull. You must've talked to 100+ idiots, because anyone who thinks they should be able to mod a game that's still in alpha has to be out of their minds.

What's wrong, LeBus? Can't you even wait for DayZ to be completed? Are you such a control freak you have to take over the development of the game? Who cares who YOU have talked to. The ONLY person you can speak for is YOURSELF. Go play in the sandbox. And leave DayZ's development to the adults.

• Like 1

And you can't mod an incomplete game? So Garry's mod is complete? Many mods for that. So The DayZ mod is complete? Sure as he'll isn't complete but many mods for that. Let's get away from this 'alpha' excuse. The game has been out for around 18 months, how much has it developed? Honestly not that much.

The game has been in early access pre-release for around 18 months, and it may be nearly another year before 1.0 drops. I don't really think anyone who has replied here is against modding, but it is not the time for that yet.  I understand that you and many others are chomping at the bit for mod tools.  But is it too much to ask that the game be finished before the devs start diverting their resources to facilitate modding?  I know you won't like this, but I really hope that between the complete release, and the release of mod support, they will hold back for a few months to let everyone play the game as it was intended.

• Like 1

The problem with releasing mods tools now is that they could be broken with every time a patch is released. Then there would be whinning about that.

Am I the only one who feels separating PvP oriented players from PvE oriented survivors is a terrible idea? The mix of playstyles is what I feel makes DayZ SA such an exciting game environment. Seems like a poor reason to push MOD support.

Also, what Beef Bacon said.

No your not but the vocal newbies have won, the devs catering to the vocal masses not the players and the play styles that made this game famous in the first place which in turn has drove the core PvP players away. Unless the devs finally wake up and swing the pendulum back in the other direction, mod tools will be the only saving face. 

Derp wrong thread

Edited by Zombie Jesus

There are already a wide range of standalone mods out there... But we aren't allowed to talk about them here...

• Like 1

yup...way off...edited just for you jeebs