Sign in to follow this  
epicguy4444

Dayz crash on startup

When i open Dayz through steam, everything is going normal at first, the battleeye thing appears saying that it's launching the game, so then i get this blak screen, sometimes it will get to the Bohemia Interactive screen, but then my mouse starts to slow down a lot and it completely crashes my computer. And i know it ain't my hardware because my hardware is fine because the game was fine literally 2 days ago, but now it doesn't work. I did manage to close the game at one point, and it said that a file called certsentry.dll was blocked, i don't know if that is the problem or not. But is there anybody that knows how to fix this?

Hey mate, im sorry to hear about your problem.

first, i want you to check your software again, it seem to me that this can be a CPU temp problem, if you have intel CPU use real temp to monitor your temp.

if there is nothing wrong with your CPU or GPU temp, then i suggest you to launche the game with -dologs, and send the crash dumb to feedback tracker.

wish it gets fixed mate :)

just googled it, certsentry.dll is part of a Comodo product, probably your antivirus/firewall.  

The file registers itself as the default certificate revocation provider.

I would first notify battleeye and see what type of response you get.

There are a few hits on google about people having trouble with certsentry.dll, mostly that uninstalling doesn't unregister the .dll - but that's an easy enough fix.

Did you recently install Comodo antivirus? Did you recently uninstall it? or maybe there was a recent update?

Dayz Standalone crashes when i am loading into the game. It doesn't even get to the Bohemia Interactive screen, my mouse starts to lag and eventually crashes, when it does crash i can't even do Ctrl + Alt + Del, i have to completely restart my computer from the power button, and when i launch the game from the directory, for some reason it works, but then when i join a server it says battleeye isn't open, i know it's not open because i launched the Dayz.exe and not the Dayz_BE.exe, so i closed it and then i clicked on the Dayz_BE.exe and it just crashed, i think it's something to do with battleeye, also battleeye can't access a file called Certsentry.dll, so that might be the problem, and i know it isn't my hardware because the game was fine 2 days ago, any feedback would be helpful

Did you recently install Comodo antivirus? Did you recently uninstall it? or maybe there was a recent update?

lots of issues with this with a few programs including just web browsing

http://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cd-b203.0/-t104751.0.html

i think this maybe your issue as its interfering with the communications of battleye hence why it runs on the non battleye version of the game   

When i start up dayz, it crashes, i don't even get to the Bohemia Interactive screen, it crashes my entire PC, i just wanna start playing the game again, i think it's something to do with BattlEye, because when i start the game from the directory without BattlEye it works. Thanks to feedback in advance

When i start up dayz, it crashes, i don't even get to the Bohemia Interactive screen, it crashes my entire PC, i just wanna start playing the game again, i think it's something to do with BattlEye, because when i start the game from the directory without BattlEye it works. Thanks to feedback in advance

No need for another Topic.

Please read through this...

http://www.battleye.com/support/faq/

You had better give your PC specs including OS.

More details required.