Sign in to follow this  
hekeetsu

Skalisty Island recources?

I have lately been interested in visiting the Skalisty island, but my computer just broke, because fuck me. So it is in repair and i have to wait before I get to play sum DayZee D:

I would like to know is the water pump there working (I read somewhere that it didn't work but that was a long time ago), are there any 1. Ashwood trees, 2. Berry bushes/apple trees and 3. Any loot spawnung there?

If you are talking about 0.56:

0. Water pump is working.

1. No Ashwood trees as far as I know.

2. I only remember blue berry bushes but I didn't really look for them.

3. Yes loot is spawning.

0.55: I don't know as the one time I visited the place I fell from the stairs and died.

Edited by Evil Minion

I have lately been interested in visiting the Skalisty island, but my computer just broke, because fuck me. So it is in repair and i have to wait before I get to play sum DayZee D:

I would like to know is the water pump there working (I read somewhere that it didn't work but that was a long time ago), are there any 1. Ashwood trees, 2. Berry bushes/apple trees and 3. Any loot spawnung there?

I'm on the island right now conducting my own experiments (see my Schadenfreude island post), so I ran around to check on a few of your question.

Yes, the pump works.

Yes, there are ashwood trees (I just cut one and it produces and ashwood stick).

Yes, there are berry bushes but only the ones that produce blueberries (I'm pretty sure they are poisonous)

No apple trees to be found (at least I didn't see any)

Yes, loot does spawn. Its scarce and you may have to bump servers but I was able to find a few items. I found seeds, fertilizer, digging tools, some clothing, and a few melee weapons. I also found a derringer in one of the houses but no ammo.  There are plenty or rowboats with raincoats, wellies, rope, and netting.

Be advised, Zombies also spawn on the west side of the island.

Good luck and don't forget to bring matches.

Edited by Mizzou60

ya..it has zombies near the light house...really blueberries are poisonous? Been eating that ! 

Edited by thewire

ya..it has zombies near the light house...really blueberries are poisonous? Been eating that ! 

Have you been dying mysteriously? :D

Have you been dying mysteriously? :D

nope except getting shots at, fell of the stairs, explosion trying setup land mine or glitches on trucks 

Thanks for the info guys, gonna check it out when i can :D

Yes, there are ashwood trees (I just cut one and it produces and ashwood stick).

Where at on the island? Last I did a big survey of the island, which would have been either 0.53 or 0.54 (after the "makeover"), there still weren't any. Perhaps they've added some more recently?

Where at on the island? Last I did a big survey of the island, which would have been either 0.53 or 0.54 (after the "makeover"), there still weren't any. Perhaps they've added some more recently?

The tree which produced the ashwood stick was on the east side near the ship wreck.

Dtd2Bcj.png

yHt6GZP.jpg

• Like 1

The tree which produced the ashwood stick was on the east side near the ship wreck.

Dtd2Bcj.png

yHt6GZP.jpg

What?!

WHAT?!

That is, in no way, shape or form, an Ash Tree! That is a Birch tree, as you can tell by the clearly-distinctive bark! Birch and Ash are two completely different species! With different survival uses! And they don't even look remotely similar! There is almost no way in hell someone could confuse a birch and an ash tree, even if they couldn't identify each.

I hope this is just a bug, and they don't have some derp that knows nothing about forestry labeling random tree species as things they are not......

I know nothing of forestry, I just know this tree produced a ashwood stick.

• Like 1

Just the ones the bears pooped on.

What?!

WHAT?!

That is, in no way, shape or form, an Ash Tree! That is a Birch tree, as you can tell by the clearly-distinctive bark! Birch and Ash are two completely different species! With different survival uses! And they don't even look remotely similar! There is almost no way in hell someone could confuse a birch and an ash tree, even if they couldn't identify each.

I hope this is just a bug, and they don't have some derp that knows nothing about forestry labeling random tree species as things they are not......

I noticed this recently, too.  Chopped one down for wood and was surprised to see the stick leap onto my back.  Not sure how long it's been going on.