penguinplayz

Dayz really blurry and zoomed in

ok i bought dayz long ago and never got to play til now cuz i needed new equipment and recently i pulled up dayz and it was all zoomed in and blurry can somebody please trll me how to fix this i really wanna play this game thanks!

Could be as simple as raising FoV and making sure your resolution is 100% in your video option. You also may not be healthy, post processing puts a blur when your hurt/unhealthy.

Could be as simple as raising FoV and making sure your resolution is 100% in your video option. You also may not be healthy, post processing puts a blur when your hurt/unhealthy.

OMG you're suggesting you adjust field of view!!!! That's like telling someone it's ok to use an " exploit "

Lol sorry sarcasm off now.

-snip-

/"pretend" moved to Troubleshooting

Step One: Go to your Desktop

Step Two: Click on the Documents Folder on your Taskbar

Step Three: Under "This PC" Go to Documents

Step Four: Click on the DayZ Folder

Step Five: Right click the DayZ.cfg file and click "open with"

Step Six: Open the DayZ.cfg file with notepad or a different text editing program

Step Seven: Find where it says "Resolution_W=----; and "Render_W=----;

Resolution_H=----;"         Render_H=----"

Step Eight: Most monitors have a screen resolution of 1920x1080p. So if this is your monitors screen resolution, change the file to this:  Resolution_W=1920;             Render_W=1920;

Resolution_H=1080;              Render_H=1080;

Step Nine: Overwrite the DayZ.cfg file

Step Ten: Have fun!

Hope this helped! :)

Edited by therandomredstone

Or, if you have been hit by a zombie and then gotten this problem, open config by pressing esc and then close it byt clicking close and it will remove the bluriness. I can't understand how this bug can still be in the game after a year and a half?

Or, if you have been hit by a zombie and then gotten this problem, open config by pressing esc and then close it byt clicking close and it will remove the bluriness. I can't understand how this bug can still be in the game after a year and a half?

Because day z friend. Because day freakin z

Hey how about those new guns and zombie skins though?

Ok go to advanced settings in video tab on Esc menu

Turn off post processing first of all

Make sure your resolution and 3d are the same

set your hud to very small. it will require a restart but you wont be as close up behind your character.

there are guides online for improving visuals some will have these in them but they were the fix for me